Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2017, 6:52 am

First off, this post is more for me to just vent and talk out loud. However, if anyone does feels like they could share some wisdom, that'd be much appreciated.

So I have come to a point in life where I've got the chance to possibly choose between two (maybe even three) jobs. All of them being jobs that I'd really like and enjoy. Two of them having really good salaries, whilst the other has an OK salary.

The two with really good salaries are stationary, meaning I'd live and work in the same city doing more or less the same stuff each day.

The one with an OK salary is more flexible, offering opportunities to work both nationally and internationally with an ever evolving workload. I've had my eyes on this job for quite some time, a few years really, and it's the job that I'd enjoy the most.

At first it was easy to choose, but as time goes on its getting harder. Money over joy or vice versa.

Thanks for reading :)

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

19 Apr 2017, 11:15 am

I think you should go with second one in my opinion. It sounds like you'd enjoy it more. If the salary is decent and enough to live comfortably on and still enjoy your job that sounds like the better choice. If you've had your eyes on it for awhile it seems to me like you think it'd be better for you too.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 11:57 am

you know what the right choice is :)

(hint: it's not $)

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

19 Apr 2017, 2:28 pm

Well, I guess you're both right :)