Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jdrubnitz
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

I notice that I can emotionally connect better to reality when I can break it down into categorical hierarchies. Can anyone else relate to this?

I don't just mean understand reality. I mean emotionally connect to it, and feel engaged with it.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm

Can you explain more what your mean by categorical hierarchies with regard to emotional connection and reality?

I am thinking that you use preset categorizations for situations you find yourself in; that is, your response is not instinctive but thoughtful. Am I on the right track?

jdrubnitz
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2017, 2:01 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Can you explain more what your mean by categorical hierarchies with regard to emotional connection and reality?

I am thinking that you use preset categorizations for situations you find yourself in; that is, your response is not instinctive but thoughtful. Am I on the right track?

That's part of it.

It's more so, I couldn't conceive of interacting with human beings until I broke down human interactions in to different categories or "phases" .

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 2:20 pm

jdrubnitz wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

That's part of it.

It's more so, I couldn't conceive of interacting with human beings until I broke down human interactions in to different categories or "phases" .

Like stages of a relationship: aquaintance, longtime, bestie. That sort of thing?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 2:23 pm

Can you give....examples?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 2:43 pm

It's copying / parroting.

In the smaller picture, everything a person does, can be deconstructed, into small details, like abstract ideas -- hair color, intonation, rhythmic gate.

You do not strictly have to be empathic, to appear relatable, although just-pretending is being a poser, conformist, or fraud.

I believe that autistic people can get caught-up, in the emotional status of children, animals, and plants, but they focus-in, on one thing, only. Were you watching the road, or balancing your checkbook, answering the doorbell, or burning the dinner.

But, anyone with a laser-like focus can also copy a person, in the same way you might remember trivia or make sketches from memory.