Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 4:50 pm

When people play games, do you get bored with playing games & take a break from it?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 6:42 am

I do have a habit of taking long breaks from certain games, but it's not necessarily so much because I get bored as it is because I'm not in the mood. And the length of those breaks can vary anywhere between a week and several months.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2017, 4:06 am

I tend to want to beat the games 1ce I start playing. I mostly get bored if I'm doing alot of leveling up on an RPG like Pokemon cuz I level all the pokemon up evenly. I have taken breaks for months because of how tedious it is. I take breaks for lots of other reasons too thou like if it becomes difficult & I cant get stuff or cant get through something or if I have something else I want to do or play.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 4:16 am

Not really.

I think that if I'm getting bored with a game easily.... it's honestly just not a very good game, or is way too shallow. It's part of why I dont play RPGs anymore: They were all way too mindless, where basic enemies are so easy that they may as well not exist, and some games focusing on "grinding", the most boring activity you could do. So I simply said "screw it", sold off every one I had, and never went back. Sold my PS2 collection as a whole actually, because that bloody thing is stuffed with games like that. Also it's a shoddy piece of junk. Good riddance.

These days, a game is either *immediately* and constantly engaging, or I dont bother with it. It also must have enough difficulty to keep my mind from wandering. This has led me to almost entirely dump AAA games and focus on indie stuff, usually in the roguelike/roguelite genre.

So I dont really get bored with it anymore.