Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:06 pm

Has anyone on this website have an obsession over anything if you do what is it I have learnt to control that part of me anyway this my first post on this discussion forum and these are what I like

1. U2
2. Formula One

Can't think of anything else at the moment but if you like anything please tell us

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:10 pm

History.
Cats.
Music.

And I used to be obsessed with football (English football).

LEEH
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2007, 3:11 pm

Everyday I have a different obsesion, I don't know what will be. Yesterday I accidentally listened to GreenDay and so I had to listen their songs all day.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 9:10 pm

Cats
Roger Bannister
The Olympics

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2007, 9:16 pm

Oh yay! Another U2 fan! I'm stimming happily over here. :D

DoubleFeed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2007, 9:31 pm

Leg length difference. Airplanes.

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2007, 9:40 pm

So is it normal to have a leg length difference? I always though my left leg was noticable longer until I started going to a chiropractor regularly. Now they're the same length. WHen one seems longer again, a trip to the chiro fixes it.

I am a keeper of useless information. I have troves and troves of one day obsessions. I have few things that keep me interested longer than a few days or weeks. U2 is one of them. I've been obsessed with U2 since I was 16 and saw Zoo TV. :)

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 9:45 pm

science

engineering

hey, I is an archi and sometimes get to do some engineering, yeaaaaaa!

oh and WP and all me aspiepals

and my new rubber boat

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 9:56 pm

http://www.bunnybread.net/

not the bread, but the logo...I do have a special place in my heart for the theme song though.

DougOzzzz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2007, 9:56 pm

I am obsessed with controlling my obsessions. Seriously.

DoubleFeed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2007, 9:58 pm

wendytheweird wrote:
So is it normal to have a leg length difference? I always though my left leg was noticable longer until I started going to a chiropractor regularly. Now they're the same length. WHen one seems longer again, a trip to the chiro fixes it.

I am a keeper of useless information. I have troves and troves of one day obsessions. I have few things that keep me interested longer than a few days or weeks. U2 is one of them. I've been obsessed with U2 since I was 16 and saw Zoo TV. :)
Hip dysplasias or back problems can simulate a leg length difference.
Pretty much nobody has a perfect symmetrical body, so some leg length difference is fairly common. Most of the time, it is almost unnoticable. It gets obvious when the difference approaches 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch.
The greatest LLD I've seen was somewhere around 10-12 inches. I saw it with my own eyes, but I still haven't quite grasped how somebody can walk that asymmetrically and not fall over.
There are generally two kinds of leg length discrepancies.

* Structural discrepancy occurs when either the thigh (femur) or shin (tibia) bone in one leg is actually shorter than the corresponding bone in the other leg as a result of a condition that has either caused one bone to be shorter than normal or longer than normal.
* Functional discrepancy occurs when the leg lengths are equal, by symmetry is altered somewhere above the leg, which in turn disrupts the symmetry of the legs. For example, developmental dislocation of the hip can cause a functional discrepancy. In DDH, the top of the leg bone (femur) that is not properly positioned in the hip socket may hang lower than the femur on the other side, giving the appearance and symptoms of a leg length discrepancy.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 10:26 pm

My obsessions vary-I go through phases... very strong phases. Right now it's making bracelets using hemp/embroidery floss. I even have a complex system to this sadly...

I buy the floss, then buy little flat spool thingies.
I rewrap every skein of floss I get, and put the number of the color on the corner.
Each spool is in and individual mini plastic baggie.
I have all of the color numbers written down on individual little slips of paper.
Since I get bored making my own color combos to work with, I pull random numbers out and search for the colors by number.
I also have slips of paper describing them-whether they will be beaded or not, the style it will be, etc.
I pull one of those out, and whatever papers I pull out, that is exactly what I do-then I put them in another bag so that I won't use the same colors 2 times in a row, or the same style.

It's really kind of depressing, lol, but this is all I can really focus on lately.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2007, 2:53 am

I am broad-minded about my obsessions so I'll just list the stronger ones:

Genetics
Neurology
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Computer
Hands
Art

Cliff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2007, 5:59 am

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Has anyone on this website have an obsession over anything if you do what is it I have learnt to control that part of me anyway this my first post on this discussion forum and these are what I like

1. U2
2. Formula One

Can't think of anything else at the moment but if you like anything please tell us

Yes, I seem to obsess on certain things, sometimes for months and other things for a few weeks. I thought it was normal "getting into things" behaviour ie hobbies etc But my wife pointed it out so many times I began to look at it and realised that I do actually obsess on things, not just have a few hobbies that I am interested in. There is no fine line where 'normal' level of involvement becomes obsession, it just being transitional, so it is a bit tricky trying to identify the behaviour.
However, my obsessions end when I think that I have reached a certain level of achievement with something. One example is that I spent all of my spare time researching and then building the best possible racing bicycle. After about 2 years and $18,000 I completed the project. I'm still interested in bikes (and riding them) but I no longer spend hours on the internet looking at bikes or hours in the workshop making minor adjustments. Its like I have exhausted the subject. Then there is Hifi - same thing again - research, finance, building, listening. Now this project is nearing completion.
One track thinking "over indulging" in things just seems to happen as soon as I start on a new idea. But at least stuff gets done, and to the highest possible standard!
Cliff