Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 8:35 pm

A good Nintendo 64 controller seems to be virtually nonexistant. In the old ones, the joy sticks wear out eventually. But the new ones are much worse. I bought a new one because it was getting difficult to sprint in Smash Bros. The plastic cover popped of the joystick popped off, and I had to use a needle as a joystick. To this day, my thumb has a strong callous(pain couldn't keep me away from Ocarina of Time). With the callous formed, I would have been content, but it wouldn't let me jump in super smash Bros. So, I bought another one. This time, the whole joystick popped out. Can anyone tell me where to find a good N64 controller?

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2007, 9:17 pm

You know, all of my friends have busted controllers too. I don't understand how. I've had my N64 for ten or so years and my controllers play like new. The A button sticks a little on my green one, but it came like that.

Are you just being too rough with the equipment perhaps?

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 5:29 am

Both my controllers got busted, so I went on eBay for this set of third-party controllers, because I could never stand the N64's flimsy joystick after the first Mario Party came along. The controller I got is called "Super Pad 64", and the arrangement of the controls is different, but it's worked pretty well for me.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 8:27 am

Huh. I never had trouble with Nintendo's controllers...but then I never put much play time into the N64 compared to the Saturn and Playstation (since it didn't have many games I liked).