Our new president - President Emmanuel Macron!

Page 5 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:41 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Maybe you should try reading my post, or failing that, look up Macron's fully costed policies. In simple terms, the amount of cuts he will be making will be greater than the increases in welfare spending combined with the tax cuts.

I'm sorry, I've read this about a dozen times now, and it simply doesn't make any sense. How can cuts, on their own, add up to more money lost when those very same cuts are combined with an INCREASE in welfare payments? This is utterly nonsensical.

The_Walrus wrote:
The stimulus package, which I believe is to be funded by borrowing as per mainstream economic policy, will also increase tax revenues.

In other words, by sinking deeper into debt. Well, at least that's crystal clear.

The_Walrus wrote:
Yes, allowing in all those refugees probably saved thousands of lives. Not to mention the benefits of multiculturalism. Germany is much better off thanks to all those refugees!

Yes, those "benefits" according to you include exotic food and restaurants! :roll:
So... what other "benefits" are there? None that I can think of, but I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something. Maybe. Nah, maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.

The_Walrus wrote:
You don't seem very familiar with the policies of Malcolm Turnbull. While he's not bad for an Australian Liberal (large L because they're not really liberals), he's a close-minded nationalist who refuses to take refugees when they arrive on your shores, desperate for care.

Actually (and unfortunately), I am all too familiar with his dreadful policies! It's gotten to the stage where I am wishing Tony Abbott would make a comeback and oust him. That's how bad it's become.

The_Walrus wrote:
Open borders are great, open markets are great, trickle-down economics works.

Wrong, wrong and once again wrong.

The_Walrus wrote:
Cheap unskilled labour mostly benefits the working classes who spend a greater portion of their income hiring unskilled workers. Even I, a poor, working-class, comprehensively-educated young man, can see the benefits of globalism; I recognise evidence when it is presented to me, and the economic case is clear. It has raised global living standards enormously, particularly in poorer areas.

Uh... no. I really don't see how some immigrant who is willing to work for peanuts, and who as a result of this willingness takes away the job of a poor factory worker who is already struggling to get by, can possibly "benefit" from the aforementioned "cheap, unskilled labour". Poverty induced by unemployment is not something the working class generally endorses (and for patently obvious reasons). You clearly have no idea, no clue to how things really work in reality. You see the theory seems right - to you - and based upon this and nothing else, manage to convince yourself that because of this there should be no problems whatsoever in either the short or long-term. Lines of unemployed and the sight of homeless people don't bother you one bit, because all that seems to matter is theory, and all evidence to the contrary is conveniently ignored and/or filtered out.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:50 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Lintar wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Lintar wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Obviously, anonymous hackers merit our trust, along with orange buffoons.

No, it isn't the source itself (the hackers) that are important here, but what it is that these people hack: the emails.

Quoted for irony-blindness.

What irony?

Perfect.

Yes, I realise that I am perfect, but where is the irony you mentioned before? I still don't see it.

The information that is (or was, if they were subsequently destroyed) contained within the emails that were hacked are what people should really be interested in, and concerned about. I, like many others, don't care about the source of the hack because we understand that truth, regardless of the source, is the most important consideration here. It's like the old saying that, "Even if Hitler said it, 2+2 would still equal four". What is Mr. Macron, and others like him (ex. Ms. Clinton) trying to hide? Why the desperate attempts to defraud the voter? Why the constant deflection onto imaginary "Russian hackers"?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 7:36 am

Lintar wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Oops, I forgot to say, "it's the same old RACIST BS once again". You do realise, do you not Mr. Walrus, that hating someone simply because they are Russian, or have alleged connections to Russians, is actually racist. Yes, it is. Why aren't the loony-left social justice warriors making death threats and smashing property over this? Apparently, if one is opposed to the IDEOLOGY of Islam one is "racist", but if one makes allegations that are actually based upon race (ex. "You have connections to Russians!") it's okay. What the... ? I don't get it. Where is the consistency here? Where is that dope Michael Moore when you actually need him?

How precious.

Well am I actually wrong?

Yep. Opposing the ideology of Islam does not make someone racist.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2017, 9:08 am

:lol:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 10:18 am

Jacoby wrote:

:lol:

Love them strongmen, and their bigotry, don't you?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 May 2017, 4:14 pm

Lintar wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Maybe you should try reading my post, or failing that, look up Macron's fully costed policies. In simple terms, the amount of cuts he will be making will be greater than the increases in welfare spending combined with the tax cuts.

I'm sorry, I've read this about a dozen times now, and it simply doesn't make any sense. How can cuts, on their own, add up to more money lost when those very same cuts are combined with an INCREASE in welfare payments? This is utterly nonsensical.

No it isn't.

Let's say France's current budget is €20. Macron makes tax cuts of €2, leaving €18 in revenue. He makes spending cuts of €3 and increasing welfare by €1. The budget remains balanced even though taxes are lower and welfare is higher.

Obviously the reality is a little more complex but that's the principle.

Quote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Yes, allowing in all those refugees probably saved thousands of lives. Not to mention the benefits of multiculturalism. Germany is much better off thanks to all those refugees!

Yes, those "benefits" according to you include exotic food and restaurants! :roll:
So... what other "benefits" are there? None that I can think of, but I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something. Maybe. Nah, maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.

The intrinsic benefits are multiple - food is just low-hanging fruit. It's just wonderful to be able to experience the best that various cultures have to offer. Not just food, but music, architecture, fashion, language, cinema, humour, sport, cultural practices, even religion. There are so many great things about other cultures and it's great that we can embed them within our own culture. Important parts of the culture of my town include the steel drum band, the beautiful central Mosque, the Sikh parades, the Polish and Irish pubs, the Afro-Caribbean centre, and the hip-hop clubs. They give the area vibrancy and character.

Lintar wrote:

Uh... no. I really don't see how some immigrant who is willing to work for peanuts, and who as a result of this willingness takes away the job of a poor factory worker

It's not as simple as you think it is. Immigration doesn't take away from the fixed number of jobs and create mass unemployment. This is known as the "lump of labour" fallacy and is demonstrably incorrect. Immigration creates jobs for natives. Immigrants mean more demand for goods and services. When they fill skill shortages, they help companies be more productive and take on more staff.

There are real concerns that immigrants may have small negative effects upon the wages of low earners, but the evidence suggests that actually they mostly suppress the wages of other immigrants. This is very good reading. I think the solution to that isn't clamping down on immigration, because then you lose the benefits of immigration. Instead, implement a negative income tax, so that low earners aren't hurt so badly by wage stagnation.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 May 2017, 4:24 pm

Lintar wrote:
Now the obvious question that no one in the mainstream media wants to ask is, "How can the disclosure of information, via whatever source and method, regarding a major candidate just prior to an election ever be considered to be a bad thing?" Presumably the "campaign emails" would give the average voter a better understanding of who it was they were actually being asked to vote for. Why the need for secrecy? What is contained within these emails that Mr. Macron doesn't want people to know about? Why is it now considered to be a crime, in so many countries, to simply publish information?

The obvious question has been asked several times and has an obvious answer. France has long-standing laws against publishing any information regarding the election (aside from that it's happening and such) while it is in progress. This is the case in many countries although France's no-report period is a little longer. Historically there have been good reasons for it (announcing how people have voted may impact upon people who are yet to vote) but in the age of social media it's probably no good. The rules would protect any candidate in the same way.

There is nothing in the emails that Macron wouldn't ultimately be happy for you to know about. That's why there hasn't been any outcry over their contents. Quite simple when you think about it.

Lintar wrote:
Oops, I forgot to say, "it's the same old RACIST BS once again". You do realise, do you not Mr. Walrus, that hating someone simply because they are Russian, or have alleged connections to Russians, is actually racist. Yes, it is. Why aren't the loony-left social justice warriors making death threats and smashing property over this? Apparently, if one is opposed to the IDEOLOGY of Islam one is "racist", but if one makes allegations that are actually based upon race (ex. "You have connections to Russians!") it's okay. What the... ? I don't get it. Where is the consistency here? Where is that dope Michael Moore when you actually need him?

Nice try. It's not racist to be opposed to a malicious government with a track record of trying to manipulate foreign elections using illegal methods and campaigns of misinformation, or to point out that someone is working for said malicious government.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 7:07 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

I am a centrist, a liberal, and a globalist. I like free trade and free movement, free markets and free people. I would like to replace the minimum wage with a negative income tax and encourage market-based solutions to problems.

A negative income tax, is a great way to pursue a class war on rich firm taxations and multimillionpound corporations
who seem to have made great advancement on tax and vat, including deducing the lower paid experienced staff.
Some don't even and will never get a pay rise or breaks from now on. Bonues could be cut too. How does anyone benefit from it? It's Pie in the sky talk.

Nobody who is born White and British doesn't want to be at the back of the line for being scapegoated by thousands of immigrants from fake or cheap illegal agency staff from abroad.
My dad works at a pharma firm, as a manufacturer under a U.S brand name but they are adept at using cheap labour from abroad, to line their back pockets.
In my fathers case, he was made redundant from another company that was well know, during the recession and found work at his current workplace.
You want to know what real manual work he does and what it is like for most?
He manufactures the kits all single- handedly most of the time and these testing kits are for people who can be diagnosed with an illness they are suspected from having, in effect its the job of the little people and my dad is no agency staff, he's been in pharmaceutical manufacturing for coming up forty years.
When you talk about labour, its real manpower like my dad, whos kept manufacturing companies going for as long as they have in Britain. Thanks God some English managers were their employers before they cashed in their lump sum. My dad still has to work. I just feel sorry for all the steel and coal miners in Wales because foreign investers in Mumbai are selling the workers just short of their final salary, instead of investing.
If people like my father didn't exist, the generations of real men would have been lost long ago.

The_Walrus wrote:

Open borders are great, open markets are great, trickle-down economics works. Cheap unskilled labour mostly benefits the working classes who spend a greater portion of their income hiring unskilled workers. Even I, a poor, working-class, comprehensively-educated young man, can see the benefits of
globalism; I recognise evidence when it is presented to me, and the economic case is clear.

It has raised global living standards enormously, particularly in poorer areas..
All cultures have value. That's what multiculturalism means. We want the best from every culture. In practice that basically means modern liberal western culture with a bit of foreign food and some extra religious festivals.

If you are poor and working class,you have a long way to go before you can
rise and challenge yourself to a place of national self-esteem and global awareness.
Even Brunel had to hire architects to do his map bidding and costing, because trains didn't run themselves
on limited funding sources.
In terms of culture, my mother is French and catholic, doesn't mean I want to trade in my Christianity. And her French and english style home cooking is the best, better than her moody sisters by a mile.
If you want the best from every culture then listen when I tell you France may not have come in their droves, and thats because their voices were drowned out by perhaps false claims of nationalisation when Daesh and other Aiqueda groups are threatening all border controls, and they don't want multiculturalism in the way us Brits have been doing for the past forty years or more when 'E.U' was first transcribed into free trading manuals. Status not being elevated until the last ten years of our specific contributions to it.

The_Walrus wrote:
I'm not a Corbynite either. My (semi-realistic) dream would be a Lib-Lab coalition with Yvette Cooper as PM and lots of Lib Dems in senior ministries including Nick Clegg as foreign secretary. Much less realistic than it was two years ago, but oh well...

While I'm not exactly happy about what Macron's election means for the UK, it's not like any of the candidates would have been better for us. I am pleased about what Macron's election means for Europe and I am hopeful that his government provides a template for our government from 2022.

Britain isn't overcrowded. The benefits of immigration are well documented..

Yeah putting alot of self employed and hard skilled workers out of a job is what I call well documented.
The E.U can piss off along with their rich beureaucrats and cretins who want to privatise everything.

Last edited by B19 on 28 May 2017, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.: rule breaches: personal attacks

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 10:22 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
It's not racist to be opposed to a malicious government with a track record of trying to manipulate foreign elections using illegal methods and campaigns of misinformation, or to point out that someone is working for said malicious government.

You've just described every United States government since 1945. When it comes to the manipulation of elections in foreign lands, no one does it better than the C.I.A.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 10:41 pm

Empathy wrote:
The E.U can piss off along with their rich beureaucrats and cretins who want to privatise everything.

This line perfectly sums up my own feelings regarding this whole mess we call globalisation. It's all very well to stand up and preach on one's soapbox about the supposed "benefits" to be had from selling virtually everything one's nation has to a bunch of faceless, sociopathic bureaucrats and corporate drones when one does not have to directly experience the negative consequences (ex. unemployment, homelessness, rising crime, dislocation of communities, et cetera), but to promote such abject nonsense whilst claiming to be a member of "the working class" is just utterly ludicrous, misguided, and downright daft. It's like the homeless beggar saying how wonderful it is that the government department he used to work for before he lost everything due to it being sold to private interests, can now "outsource" his job to China and India because, after all, the efficiency and productivity gains that have been reported on paper have just been superb!

No Mr. Walrus, you can keep your multiculturalism, non-existent borders, trickle-down fairytales and other pie-in-the-sky notions, because the vast majority of us - i.e. those of us who have real concerns about real problems facing us - want NOTHING to do with such patently corrosive nonsense. We live in the real world, not your idealised corporate utopia.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 7:35 am

Lintar wrote:
No Mr. Walrus, you can keep your multiculturalism, non-existent borders, trickle-down fairytales and other pie-in-the-sky notions, because the vast majority of us - i.e. those of us who have real concerns about real problems facing us - want NOTHING to do with such patently corrosive nonsense. We live in the real world, not your idealised corporate utopia.

The result of the election say otherwise. You are in a small minority, the French people don't want what you want, they rejected that very loudly.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:33 pm

Lintar wrote:
Empathy wrote:

This line perfectly sums up my own feelings regarding this whole mess we call globalisation. It's like the homeless beggar saying how wonderful it is that the government department he used to work for before he lost everything due to it being sold to private interests, can now "outsource" his job to China and India because, after all, the efficiency and productivity gains that have been reported on paper have just been superb!

My comment was frustration over lingering cuts and investors breaking their promises over unity. Some of my family members are even suffering over their own private healthcare system being poorly funded by E.U foreign health ministers. Its a breakdown of order and chaos that they don't even care or know about, but the Euro still had to be implemented and now its failing. The currency in Britain is protected.

Culture is important because without it, it cuts off who you are. Its just about as important as finding a new identity or discovering your roots and what is most important.
Its not just about the migrant facing an uncertain future, its about everyone else who has lost just as much through broken times and choosing select commitees over ourselves to fund and manage our own tools and resources.
Governments have been ill bred for some time, and my family aren't rich nor beggars.
Patriots who chose to come from other countries in the seventies eighties and nineties, were not given access to just anything. Benefits were not issues and citizenship was also a far cry from being made a civilian.
People used to look at my mother and me and call us names, and it wasn't nice and it didn't have any normalcy over the preachers, obsessed nationalists and the likes of haters. There was no common courtesy then. It was just be British. Racism was not an issue for us but it had the same bad feeling to it if one suspected your brith parents origins. Foreigners today have had it far easier for too long. They can get work from the get go, those who choose to remain here, have taken one last patriotic glance at their allies and can hope its not them who is in for the chop next.

What's the point in being a civillian, if you can't act like one? There are plenty of rude people in countries, and I have to say mine is quite rude in proving a point to others, when they pretend to bein the know and think they are right. The poles and turks are the same. I have a few distant english family members and neighbours who are like that. I was born here, but there are things I don't like. If I was born anywhere else, it would be just the same. Appreciate and understand the culture even if your genes don't back it. You'd think I'd be a remainer? well I'm not because the principles are not right and the whole judiciary system has failed. The lock people up here now for being abusive to foreigners, when before, they were so anti immigrant they could say what they liked. The backward ones are the ones in totalitarian beaureaucratic Europe who have included non E.U countries in their powers to remain open for trade and free movement.
Its true, the Brits like to ruminate and be easy going like the French and other independant cultures, as thev'e pioneered for that right. Having the freedom to say what you like within reason is also a thing of movenment and acceptance. Taking advantage of that right and wanting to be pitied is not what should happen in normal society though.

A bit about trade and the so called single market. I wish people would drop the thrid world classes and poorer working classes European rights act. If anyone from the North was here, they'd tell you how all the cotton mills and shoe and biscuit factories have been destroyed in places like Lancashire and Port Talbot,Yorkshire and Scunthorpe, due to Britsh voices being drowned out by senseless and demoralising eastern immigration. The stats are clear, they are the the destruction and destitution of many poor and middle working classes, as most now can't even get on the property ladder. What the Torries have just been announcing recently, is they would let people have free elderly home care, if their houses are worth over 100k, with what nice care homes? what about if you've livied in a council house? and are no longer recieving any benefits?
What about they just cut inheritance and lower corporation tax instead?
Its very important to look at the loss of our manufacturing industries and now shops. The forecasts should be doom and gloom but fakery and lies are being projected up once again.

Not one party has thought about bringing them back. What's Trump been saying? 'Lets make America Great Again!
A m e r i ca First!'

Who's singing our praises? Who? someone tell me that. Take the foreign aid bugdget cut in half, give it back to our NHS and redundant manufacturers.
Those who weren't lucky enough to find work just before the recession began, are beaten down but again, Western block countries are able to gain control overtheir industries better than eastern ones, besides places like China, because they invested first. The recession wasn't the peoples fault, it was the high rise investors using banks and vice versa.
I will not be voting again as this country has to deal with the shame thats been brought upon it by all sides of the coin, and bring back what was lost. No side is the better win in a democracy,and sacrifice and hardship is the only price worth fighting for. Leaving a country to start again or belong in, is about gradually accepting the main parts of the culture not huddling in one circle and forcing a conspiracy about it.
You can see where all the remainers and doubters are though, as they are trying to cast a shadow over voters because they feel they are missing out on the slavery and free visa benfits that they think they need whereas, Leave wanted out so they can deal with the problems that were taken into account not so long ago and face the cuts head on for better or for worse before any future deals can be won. I'm sure taxpayers would want to put in for a better health service and put back into the economy rahter than invest in properties and offshore accounts abroad, because the alternative choices are put back into volume sceptiscism of wrongful patriots and avengers of bad or unequal schemes.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 May 2017, 8:22 am

Empathy wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

I am a centrist, a liberal, and a globalist. I like free trade and free movement, free markets and free people. I would like to replace the minimum wage with a negative income tax and encourage market-based solutions to problems.

A negative income tax, is a great way to pursue a class war on rich firm taxations and multimillionpound corporations
who seem to have made great advancement on tax and vat, including deducing the lower paid experienced staff.
Some don't even and will never get a pay rise or breaks from now on. Bonues could be cut too. How does anyone benefit from it? It's Pie in the sky talk.

I don't think you have the first idea what negative income tax means. Please look it up.

Essentially, it means all high-earners get a small tax cut, everyone earning nothing gets some free money, and low-earners get their wages topped up.

Quote:
You sound extremely naive and delusional when you make up stories about the great working classes of Great Britian, who are you to bring down and exercise 'cheap labour?' Nobody who is born White and British doesn't want to be at the back of the line for being scapegoated by thousands of immigrants from fake or cheap illegal agency staff from abroad. You don't sound that well educated as you are not emphasizing the feelings and recognizing that the goods you buy are from skilled englishmen and women from England?

Again, unfortunately I don't understand what you're saying. Each sentence makes vague sense, but has no connection to the one before it, or to anything I have said, or to reality.
Quote:
In terms of culture, my mother is French and catholic, doesn't mean I want to trade in my Christianity. And her French and english style home cooking is the best, better than her moody sisters by a mile.
If you want the best from every culture then listen when I tell you France may not have come in their droves, and thats because their voices were drowned out by perhaps false claims of nationalisation when Daesh and other Aiqueda groups are threatening all border controls, and they don't want multiculturalism in the way us Brits have been doing for the past forty years or more when 'E.U' was first transcribed into free trading manuals. Status not being elevated until the last ten years of our specific contributions to it.

This is why Macron won!

Quote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Yeah putting alot of self employed and hard skilled workers out of a job is what I call well documented.

As shown in the link I posted, immigration doesn't tend to put people out of a job - it actually increases employment.

The EU isn't a bureaucratic organisation; as governments go it is very small. The EU doesn't really have a stance on privatisation, although of course it's against stupid examples of public ownership like those rampant in the 70s. Most member states have some public industries.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 3:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Empathy wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

I don't think you have the first idea what negative income tax means. Please look it up.

Essentially, it means all high-earners get a small tax cut, everyone earning nothing gets some free money, and low-earners get their wages topped up.

Quote:
You sound extremely naive and delusional when you make up stories about the great working classes of Great Britian, who are you to bring down and exercise 'cheap labour?' Nobody who is born White and British doesn't want to be at the back of the line for being scapegoated by thousands of immigrants from fake or cheap illegal agency staff from abroad. You don't sound that well educated as you are not emphasizing the feelings and recognizing that the goods you buy are from skilled englishmen and women from England?

Quote:
The_Walrus wrote:

As shown in the link I posted, immigration doesn't tend to put people out of a job - it actually increases employment.

The EU isn't a bureaucratic organisation; as governments go it is very small. The EU doesn't really have a stance on privatisation, although of course it's against stupid examples of public ownership like those rampant in the 70s. Most member states have some public industries.

Maybe nothing to what I had said would tie in before to whatever it is you meant,

Remember what I last quoted, and understand it is what it is.. as much as what it isn't..

Maybe now you can loosen a hold over yourself and think about educating the middle classes and higher society over mainstream public affairs.
When it comes to terms of sewing up the remaining bailout treaties,..people can think what they like but are hallucinating if they are thinking, that
it wil create further bonds and future happiness and everyone will fall over themselves in the rush to be our next allies.. some policies may be forgiving but people aren't. You're so called negative income tax, is a set-up and a non-starter, the tories are only putting wages up because the prices of foreign goods, stocks and shares etc, will rise and given time so will the VAT. All Funding will cease and more factories will close.

I'm more concerned and interested to what is happening in my country rather than what is over the other side of the pond, along with more of our common ancestors and dignitaries.

Macron is clearly a sideshow puppet, and Merkels pet fish for the whining fat cats to re-invest their stupid car and money making schemes into, the warmth of the stereotype is waning over its new icy exterior and what lay privy within is the largest stupid modelcountry making schemes i'm sure will plunge us into the new poverty of 21st century unemployed unloved Britain.
Why walk offshore, when we are on the edge of retribution and campaigning for the common unjust causes that created that unworldly favour in the first place?

Last edited by B19 on 28 May 2017, 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.: personal attacks

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jun 2017, 2:47 am

Macron has been doing really well as President lately.

Recent activities:

- Criticising America's selfish withdrawal from the Paris Agreement and calling them out on it. :)
- Noticing Trump's stupid aggressive handshake technique and beating him at it. :)
- Attacking Putin's non-action towards persecution of homosexuals in Chechnya. :)
- En Marche! look set to gain a majority in the French parliament. :)

All of this makes me very happy. Great to have another strong leader in the West - heir apparent to Merkel as leader of the Free World. :D

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jun 2017, 12:25 pm

En Marche! have won 10 out of the 11 overseas seats in early election voting - and the one they didn't win was because they kicked the candidate out.

Macron keeps winning!