Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2017, 12:03 pm

Are there fans of Lovecraft? What are your favorite Lovecraft's tales?

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 12:45 pm

The lead singer of Rudimentary Peni is obsessed with Lovecraft and even composed an entire album about Lovecraft and his tales. Its pretty good.

I haven't read HP in years, but the ones that stick out in my memory (dont remember the names) are one about a guy climbing a tower and another one with the two guy nosing around in a grave which one guy being describes as a bundle of nerves.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2017, 1:55 pm

This_Amoeba wrote:
The lead singer of Rudimentary Peni is obsessed with Lovecraft and even composed an entire album about Lovecraft and his tales. Its pretty good.

I haven't read HP in years, but the ones that stick out in my memory (dont remember the names) are one about a guy climbing a tower and another one with the two guy nosing around in a grave which one guy being describes as a bundle of nerves.

know what. i listen to many bands who were inspired by lovecraft for example The visione bleak. As for Lovecraft's story that you mentioned. i think it is Autsider one of my favorite stores written by PHL.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2017, 1:57 pm

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 8:55 am

Yep, that's the one, The Outsider. I'm going to have to get some Lovecraft next time I go to the library. I've read biographies on him and about his childhood. Was an interesting man.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 9:10 am

I've read a few of Lovecraft's works. Gotta admit, I love his style a lot.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2017, 9:15 am

Lovecraft in music

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 4:17 pm

Another Lovecraft fan, here. I have a massive omnibus of his writings that I can barely lift! His short stories will always stay with me in some dark corner of my soul. :) The Colour Out Of Space is a particularly good one in my opinion - Lovecraft is a master of suggestion, and that one for some reason proved it more than any other, for me. (I don't think I've ever looked at wells the same way again!)
Cool Air and of course The Shadow Over Innsmouth are some of my other favourites. The guy was a legend but I always feel profoundly sad over the fact his talent was never truly recognised while he was still alive.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2017, 1:43 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
Another Lovecraft fan, here. I have a massive omnibus of his writings that I can barely lift! His short stories will always stay with me in some dark corner of my soul. :) The Colour Out Of Space is a particularly good one in my opinion - Lovecraft is a master of suggestion, and that one for some reason proved it more than any other, for me. (I don't think I've ever looked at wells the same way again!)
Cool Air and of course The Shadow Over Innsmouth are some of my other favourites. The guy was a legend but I always feel profoundly sad over the fact his talent was never truly recognised while he was still alive.

Im glad to Lovecraft's fans
im sad too that his talent was never truly recognised while he was still alive...

i've read a lot of his novels and tales.
My first Lovecraft's novel was At the mountains of madness.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 1:59 pm

He is definitely an author where you have to separate art from the artist. Bow down to Cthulhu.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2017, 2:37 pm

thewrll wrote:
you have to separate art from the artist.

it is difficult :D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:49 pm

I grew up with Lovecraft. My dad was a Lovecraft fan, and so am I. I even have a black cat named Lovecraft!
There are so many great stories written by the "Sage of Providence," but I think my favorites are:

Nyarlothotep
The Dunwich Horror
The Shadow Over Innsmouth
The Dreams In The Witch House
The Call Of Cthulhu
Hypnos
The Hound
Pickman's Model
The Rats In The Walls
The Haunter Of The Dark

Just to name a few.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:20 am

The Hound is one of my countless faves by The Craft, quite simple and bare for his standards. Then one at the deep end of all things LC, the beautifully fluttering complex dread that those impassively jutting Mountains of Madness offer never leaves my thoughts for more than a few days, I torment myself too much looking out toward those unspeakable peaks.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2017, 3:53 am

My favorite is The Shadow over Innsmouth

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:50 pm

W91T wrote:
My favorite is The Shadow over Innsmouth

Have you seen the two recent movies based on that story, Dagon, and Cthulhu?

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 3:03 pm

I am less of a fan and more a fan of what he helped create. Cthulhu is one of the greatest monsters/universes ever created. Also he brought about one of my favorite authors of all time Brian Lumley.