Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

hjgyllstrom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2017, 3:43 pm

I currently watch anime. Have been into anime ever since Voltron came out in the early 1980s. I also cosplay from time to time. For right now, I am in search of new friends to talk anime stuff and the likes to.

I want to hear from you. I am a very big Anime Fan myself. The last anime I watched on anime network was Inu x Boku SS (Secret Service) I loved it very much and laughed at the sadistic things that were done and said.....

Please relpy soon!!

Thanks,

H :D :heart:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 8:25 pm

Hi hjgyllstrom. I am probably one of the bigger anime watchers here. My current record of fully watched anime series, movie, and OVA series is 870, most of which are from the last 10 years.

Inu x Boku SS is a pretty fun series, although I might warn you about the original source material which apparently gets quite crazy/dark. My favourite episode would be the one that the sadist guy puts up silence instructions, and him classifying everyone as an S or M.

I am always happy to make recommendations, which probably rely on knowing taste. So far you said you liked the “laughed at the sadistic things that were done and said”, so I might recommend some more dark comedies along the same line. First, perhaps Gogure Kokkuri-san, which gets bonus points for having youkai, and a fox looking after a smaller girl, but can also be wickedly funny, although it does not have an English dub, which might be a barrier if you are not interested in subtitled shows.

D-Frag Might appeal, it is a more school focused anime, which I am not sure if you might like, but is quite humorous with its pretty sadistic and or horrible characters, but yet also quite fun. Sabagebu (Survival Game Club) is another sub only show, but also wickedly funny with some of its sadistic comedy.

And lastly, I might say Kill la Kill, it is a bit less of a comedy, but does have its fair share, but I also think in general is fantastic and is something I have liked more with age, which is in the face of its at first appearance of a focus on fanservice, an action series that has a surprising level of creativity.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:28 am

I enjoy a fair bit of anime. Code Geass, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Stein's Gate, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Neon Genesis Evangelion are some of my favorite series, with Princess Mononoke being my favorite Miyazaki film.

Last year my favorite series was probably Yuri on Ice. Very well made, with an excellent if predictable arc and likeable characters. I also loved the Shinkai film Your Name; it's the first film of his that I've not found plodding and overly sentimental, and even though it really does feel like the fifth? iteration of the same story it really comes together in a way that's engrossing and genuine.

Currently I watch most anime on Crunchyroll. Right now I'm almost finished Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and going through season 2 of Attack on Titan and Konosuba. The anime I'm most looking forward to is the Heaven's Feel movie for Fate Stay Night coming out later this year.