Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 10:52 am

I think fidget cubes or spinners or whatever are stupid and a fad. The other day on YouTube I checked out the "trending" videos, and most of them were about fidget spinners and junk. I guess I should be glad they weren't about Trump for a change, but I fail to see what's so fascinating about them when I have video games and a computer and hundreds of other toys, including ones I usually play around with in front of my computer like slime and Silly Putty and small plastic figures that have charm and personality.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 3:15 pm

"Conservatives" are making fun of liberals, for designating a safe space, to harmlessly pet puppies, use play-dough, and coloring books.

I don't care whether there are nursery toys; afaic, you're well withing your rights, to decompress.

Then, what.

aspieff14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2017, 2:05 am

I have one and it is a great way to stim when I am at work. I can keep it in my pocket and use it as needed and most of the time it bothers no one unlike other forms of stimming I used previously.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 127 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 87 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

ZorgLife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2017, 12:01 am

We were looking at these Fidget Cubs for an autistic family member (young child). We weren't sure if they would be suitable but I might try one for myself!

I tend to fidget a lot, especially when anxious.

Seriouscirrus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 May 2017, 9:38 am

I ordered a Fidget spinner online for 79 cents shipping included. Next on my list is the Fidget cube.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:58 pm

My (offical Antsy Labs) fidget cube(s) arrived yesterday.
I am keeping one in its original packaging and letting it sit on my bookshelf. It looks very nice.

The other one i have with me and enjoy fidgeting with.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2017, 2:50 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Since anxiety and depression are caused by learned helplessness, I think it is better to set goals than to fidget. I'm not thinking bad things about you, but that's a stim, no different from twiddling your thumbs, or tapping your foot. I guess, sometimes, I do my best thinking, during repetitive or simple chores, but it shouldn't stop at that.

Well I got one and it's handy when I'm at work. I don't liken it to anxiety or depression, I just have to have something to do with my hands. When I'm up and about in the lab I'm using my hands constantly. When I'm typing, still using my hands. When I'm in meetings....fidget cube helps out. It's better than tapping a pen and annoying everyone imo.

Yeah I also don't like that it's a fad, because I am not trendy in any aspect and i generally hate trendy things. I've been looking for something like this for a while though. My rating = 8/10 :mrgreen:

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 11:51 pm

Totally obsessed with mine. Light switch and analog button are my personal favourties.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:14 am

It's not a cube, but I have one of these and love it. I think the metal ball is the only part of the cube that it doesn't have, and it has a few other things, including a bumpy area on the side that's very nice to rub.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"