my autism writing. give ur opinion on my writing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2017, 3:30 pm

tell me what u guys think here after reading it.

hi my names insert irl name here and i have autism. autism is a hard thing to have. its hard being autistic because you have poor and impaired social skills . people expect you to be like them and act like them. living as a high function autistic person is really bad. my first autistic behavior is literal thinking,second behavior is no filter, meaning ill think stuff then say them. third autistic is obsessions, fourth autistic behavior is rewinding,the fifth autistic is what i have is called repetitive speech. whats that you may ask? repetitive speech is when you ask the same question over and over and over or repeat yourself over and over and over. sixth autistic behavior is sameness. if i feel the food or drink looks different or isnt the same i wont drink it or eat it till i feel its the same. the seventh autistic behavior i have is i will always lack politeness. meaning instead of saying yes please i may say yes or no instead of saying no thank you, i may not say your welcome and that may appear rude by others. i may not respond to you sometimes because i dont know what to say or dont know how to respond. now for the social skills they will never be like everyone else. can they get better? yes. will they be like everyone else? NO. they will always be poor and impaired.
but what does it mean when you hear impaired social skills? it means you have trouble making and maintaining friendships, romantic relationships, reading social cues, emotions,body language and starting, continuing, and ending conversations. i have a unusual communication style. that means i speak formal,unlimited vocabulary, use big words and good language skills which can make me seem like im very smart. i hope that someday ill get a girlfriend and friends who will accept me for who i am. my name is not autism. the bad thing about being autistic is you have sensory issues. i will always be autistic. im a autistic teenager and ill become a autistic adult. i hope ill get married someday. things that dont and didnt cause autism is stroke,vaccines and general injuries. autism is genetic. think of it this way. you were born with blue eyes and brown hair. most people dont know im autistic. the reason most people dont know im autistic is because my autism is very mild and you cant tell by looking at me. my only autism that sticks out is my rewinding. you may not know i have autism right away when i do it but you may start questioning in your head or just ask me why are you rewinding that part over and over? i may appear awkward in social situations but people dont realize oh there awkward because they have autism. people dont understand autistic people.when i found out i had it, it made me upset. it sometimes makes me feel scared to tell someone i have autism.
things that have helped me make friends in the past was a game called toontown.
if i had to choose between my autism and my stroke i would choose my autism.
at least then i would look more normal.
some believed my stroke triggered the disorder but it didnt cause it.

dont be afraid to be who u are. dont try to act older and have society force you to be someone your not. and dont be afraid to play something you love very much or do something you love very much,whether that be a mmo game, drawing,singing, doing sports, social media site or making youtube videos on what ever dont STOP being who you are.because in the end you are only hurting yourself. and if you love somebody whos autistic you should accept them for who they are whether they are your boyfriend, girlfriend or if they are your friend you should accept them. BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:18 pm

I am unable to read the content. But I highly recommend some paragraphs and capital letters.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:23 pm

I like what you say. You are open and honest about who you are and how your Autism affects you. I like that very much. I am guessing that English is not your native language unless your stroke has affected your ability to speak grammatically. So if you are not a native English speaker, I think it would be great to have a writing sample analyzed in your native language. But I love how openly you share about how you are affected and how you are to the point without much fluff. Thank you for sharing this.

Wreck It Ralph

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2017, 4:28 pm

skibum wrote:
I like what you say. You are open and honest about who you are and how your Autism affects you. I like that very much. I am guessing that English is not your native language unless your stroke has affected your ability to speak grammatically. So if you are not a native English speaker, I think it would be great to have a writing sample analyzed in your native language. But I love how openly you share about how you are affected and how you are to the point without much fluff. Thank you for sharing this.

stroke didnt affect that.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:35 pm

random1 wrote:
skibum wrote:

stroke didnt affect that.

Oh ok.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 5:56 pm

Is there a particular reason why you write the way you do?

People write various ways for various reasons.

I don't appear like I'm the "best" writer in the world---but I like people to know what I'm "saying" when I write.

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2017, 6:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is there a particular reason why you write the way you do?

People write various ways for various reasons.

I don't appear like I'm the "best" writer in the world---but I like people to know what I'm "saying" when I write.

just decided to post a copy i wrote. i copy and pasted this.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 5:15 am

tetris wrote:
I am unable to read the content. But I highly recommend some paragraphs and capital letters.

I could read it, but the lack of capital letters and other reader aids suggests that you don't value my time, and, lacking any reason to make a special effort, I move on.