Is there any other non-binary people here?

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Krissy_is_here
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2017, 12:33 am

I always feel alone in that regard.
There aren't many non-binary fictional characters even.
I can name two.

Sometimes the simplest things bring me joy.
I was addressed as the feminine form of my name today
and I wasn't dressed feminine...they just knew what I was based on behavior...
Made me feel respected. XD

Stampfigang
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2017, 8:18 am

I take it I somewhat belong to the non-binary People. I look androgynous, I don't really behave like a women and I get taken for a guy quite often which doesn't bother me much since I want to look androgynous. I still see myself as a women, even if I don't fit the social category that much.

Any others or just us two?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 9:04 am

I get perceived as female sometimes, and I could not care less about some douchebag's opinion of how well I meet their criteria for masculinity.

Tamzen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2017, 9:04 am

I am! I sometimes look androgynous and sometimes not, but gender roles just don't make a lot of sense in my brain. I remember being a kid around 3rd grade and trying to figure out why everyone was suddenly acting so weird about this whole "boy" and "girl" thing.

Krissy, I'd love to know which two fictional characters you're thinking of. Have you read the novel "Brooklyn, Burning"? The main characters and their romantic interest are never given genders.

Krissy_is_here
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2017, 10:48 pm

Tamzen wrote:
I am! I sometimes look androgynous and sometimes not, but gender roles just don't make a lot of sense in my brain. I remember being a kid around 3rd grade and trying to figure out why everyone was suddenly acting so weird about this whole "boy" and "girl" thing.

Krissy, I'd love to know which two fictional characters you're thinking of. Have you read the novel "Brooklyn, Burning"? The main characters and their romantic interest are never given genders.

I know what you mean about that. :D
Growing up I'd get funny looks when I said the yellow Power Ranger was my favorite. XD

The two characters I know of are
Alex Fiero in the second Magnus Chase book
(Though Alex identifies as gender-fluid)
and the protagonist of a fan made pokemon comic I've been reading.
http://mewitti.deviantart.com/gallery/3 ... y-Nuzlocke

That book sounds really interesting! I'll be sure to check it out! :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 3:38 am

Hmm - I'd advise against mentioning you're nonbinary around here if you don't want people telling you it doesn't exist, you're lying, there are only two genders, you got this off tumblr to be "special," you're mentally ill, all that matters in your experience of life and gender are chromosomes/penises/vaginas, it's a phase you cooked up to invalidate real transgender people because the only true transsexuals are binary - basically if you don't want to read every kind of crap against nonbinary identity.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 7:05 am

^ The sad part is that there used to be quite a few non-binary people here.

It seems only recently that the, "There's only two genders! *rabblerabble*" crowd has emerged.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

13 May 2017, 10:44 am

My gender is Grand Emperor of All Humanity, King of Kings, Liberator of Byzantium, Lord of Constantinople, and Lord-Suzerain of the Earth.

Preferred pronouns: Your/His Grand Imperial Majesty.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 10:51 am

As if on cue

Krissy_is_here
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2017, 2:43 pm

Sex and gender are not the same thing.

You know there are other threads right?

Why don't you go there.
I don't answer to you and you definately can't tell me how I feel.

And yes. I fire my shots first. Always. XD

Last edited by Krissy_is_here on 13 May 2017, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krissy_is_here
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2017, 2:44 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
My gender is Grand Emperor of All Humanity, King of Kings, Liberator of Byzantium, Lord of Constantinople, and Lord-Suzerain of the Earth.

Preferred pronouns: Your/His Grand Imperial Majesty.

You're funny. I like you.

Krissy_is_here
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2017, 2:55 pm

C2V wrote:
Hmm - I'd advise against mentioning you're nonbinary around here if you don't want people telling you it doesn't exist, you're lying, there are only two genders, you got this off tumblr to be "special," you're mentally ill, all that matters in your experience of life and gender are chromosomes/penises/vaginas, it's a phase you cooked up to invalidate real transgender people because the only true transsexuals are binary - basically if you don't want to read every kind of crap against nonbinary identity.

I see...
Then this community is becoming cancer to.

Tamzen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 3:20 pm

This might be a silly question, but why not have some nonbinary threads for the nonbinary people and the folks who aren't comfortable with that just stay out of those threads?

I know, I know. It's the internet.

MM99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2017, 4:04 pm

AMAB enby here!! ! I consider myself a demiboy and my pronouns are he/they (although I actually wouldn't mind it either if someone used she/her pronouns with me, I just don't care that much about pronouns). My gender presentation is quite masculine at the moment, so I always pass as male, but I would like to have a more fluid presentation and therefore sometimes be kind of in the middle between masculine and androgynous, other times be as masculine as I'm now, and others be like "f**k GENDER" and then present myself as genderpunk as possible, although I may feel dysphoric if I presented too androgynous so I don't know if it would work. People usually just assume that I'm gay (and not even a particularly effeminate one) or even think that I am a straigt boy!! ! Everytime I get perceived as a straight male I think "What am I doing wrong?". f**k cisheteronormativity.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 12:56 pm

Tamzen wrote:
This might be a silly question, but why not have some nonbinary threads for the nonbinary people and the folks who aren't comfortable with that just stay out of those threads?

I know, I know. It's the internet.

That would require rationality, and being non-binary is the cool new thing for pseudo-intellectuals to rag on.

And, yes, the internet.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 11:16 pm

Quote:
You know there are other threads right?

Why don't you go there.

Because then they couldn't constantly put sh!t on other people, which is apparently an awesome past time.
Quote:
I see...
Then this community is becoming cancer to.

Pretty much
Quote:

That would be nicer for genderqueers, but in some ways I don't even agree - I have no problem with discussions between people who have different views, different ways of living their lives, etc. If someone disagrees with all things genderqueer but wants to discuss it respectfully, I'm open to that, absolutely.
What I have a problem with, and it seems all the topic gets here, is attack - people calling you mentally ill/delusional/a liar/whatever and being sarcastic and nasty about it just to start an argument. I'm through having sh!t put on me for this on the internet as well as all over my real life.