Is there any other non-binary people here?

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

banyanya
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Aug 2018, 2:02 pm

i am nonbinary and dfab (designated female at birth).

wee_gary
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2018, 10:28 pm

NB, right here. :)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 7:49 am

I get perceived as feminine a lot. I have feminine taste and I like things with exotic colors and floral patterns plus I hate getting dirty and having to work too hard.

My Mom is straight but she is a tomboy and she honestly acts more like a guy than I do lol.

My Mom also says that I am more tender hearted than any female she knows.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:36 pm

I'm non-binary and I'm proud of it. I identify as male so I dress as such. I have my own special touches and trademarks. "The Schultz Helmet" or anything that looks like one is one of those trademarks. Another marker that I use is that I wear loose fitting men's clothes but they're not crazy baggy. They're loose enough that no one sees my ugly parts. I've also practiced deepening my voice over the years to sound as much like a man as possible and for the most part, it's payed off. I also don't like the fact that there are only two genders to pick from. When in doubt, I select Male from the two choice options.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:40 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I get perceived as feminine a lot. I have feminine taste and I like things with exotic colors and floral patterns plus I hate getting dirty and having to work too hard.

My Mom is straight but she is a tomboy and she honestly acts more like a guy than I do lol.

You're a Sweet Pea. :heart:

machai
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2018, 2:02 pm

Well....kinda? sometimes?

Sexually, I self identify as winkte (from my own Native American culture). I like the label nadleeh from the Navajo and find its meaning more appropriate. Most others know winkte and nadleeh as "two-spirit" - a term which, while unifying, is misleading.

However, I realize that I will be seen as a gay man by the majority of society. And I am OK with that label as well. The winkte label is reserved for close friends, family and my cultural community. Winkte is a gender identity, but as it is also culture specific, I do not ask those that are not part of my community to see me as anything other than male. In fact, when non-Natives identify me as two-spirit I get kinda freaked out (I start watching for signs of cultural appropriations, and have yet to be disappointed).

However, I do not see any reason for following a western gender-normative role. I am under no obligation to fulfill your expectations. I have long hair (again i AM Native American, but it has gotten me "ma'am"-ed a lot). I put polish on toe nails. So they can see me as a gay man..."shrugs". But I am amused how many times my bearing and appearance do leave people confused. I actually had a credit card company require that I go to the police station and have them call the company after they verified that I was indeed male. Embarrassing for everyone, but also amusing to me. My voice, and speech inflections are rather feminine I guess. I am OK with the chaos and ambiguity I create around me. I'm not the one confused.

If anything, its the LGBT community that has the biggest difficulty with my non-binariness. The winkte stuff kinda freaks out the LBGT community. Or rather, they are the least respectful of the cultural considerations that it brings. They seem to feel offended that I value my Native American heritage over my sexuality - without understanding that for me they are the same thing. I cannot be winkte without being Native American. As a Native American, and given my spirit, I could not be anything other than winkte. But there is no barrier to also being a gay man (I will just always be at the edge of the LGBT community).

Siegz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2018, 5:41 pm

I discovered recently that I'm non binary. I've known my whole life that I didn't feel like a boy or a girl, but I didn't know what to call it, and the words "non-binary" or "gender non-conforming" conjured images in my mind of an irritating outrage culture that I don't want to be a part of. But after actually taking the time to read about these things, everything started to fall into place and a bunch of confusing stuff from my past suddenly started making sense. It was a very similar "aha!" feeling to when I found out I was on the spectrum. I definitely look like a girl even though I wear almost exclusively men's clothes at this point, but I really don't care what other people see me as or what they call me because I know what I am. I hate the stereotype that non binary people want attention. I'm painfully shy and awkward; the less attention on me, the better!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 11:53 pm

The thing that hurts is when your own parents are in denial that you're Trans. Trust me, I've been there many times. I was headed into the handicapped washroom at the hospital just yesterday and my mum asked, "Where are you going? You're supposed to be headed into this washroom. The Ladies Room. I banged around in the cubicle that I was using and let out a couple of quiet grumbles.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 2:20 pm

^ Hugs.
There's always someone who needs to justify their existence by pointing out how 'wrong' we are.

Once again I'm back to feeling like nothing about me aligns. :(

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 9:47 pm

I'm not transgender but I do often wish I could have been born female. I'm happy being a guy who likes other guys though.

SpacePuppy
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2018, 7:45 am

I'm non-binary. I spent most of my life forcing myself to conform to female gender expectations (often without much success), but have finally allowed myself to accept that I don't fit into either binary gender category. I just don't feel like I'm a man or a woman.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 5:41 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

You're a Sweet Pea. :heart:

Awww thanks! :D :heart:

Hsingai
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2018, 12:08 am

I was born a male but everyone that's not family refers to me as a female even though as a Sikh I have a full beard.

I dress in men's clothes, but behave like a female.

I feel I should have a vagina instead of a scrotum and testes.

I identify as a Futanari crossdresser.

I'm not sure if I would like the lines at the women's restroom though.

I'm luck it's safe for me to use the men's restroom. My father who was transgender couldn't dress as a girl because he would freak people out using the men's room and was afraid to be caught with a dick in the women's room.