Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 1:03 pm

I hav eno collections now. Used to have a pretty large gem/rock collection, and one of little sculpted figures, houses, etc.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 8:54 pm

roadracer wrote:
I collect vintage/classic cameras, and general antiques and coins, pretty much I go around to garage salls and flea markets to find the stuff cheap, the stuff that the people selling dont know the value of :D

I do that too - you can find some very old and truly amazing things. I also like buying damaged things and restore them - it started as a hobby and turned into a collection.

I have about 1500 books and keep buying.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 9:05 pm

"I collect human souls, lol"

Shang Tsung , send over Kitana to my place will ya :wink: :lol:

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 9:50 am

I have mini museum at home but I wish it was a big one...

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2009, 2:28 pm

I have a large collection of free product samples I've ordered online or found in magazines, and I also collect cat related products. I have toy cats, a hat with cat ears on it, a cat flashlight, a few books about cats and I collect pictures of cats. I also collect information about different breeds of cat. My cat product collection grows at a relatively slow rate because some of the things I want to buy are fairly expensive, but my collection of free product samples is growing at what my mother refers to as "an alarming rate." :lol:

Once every week, I like to get my collection of things out of the box and just sit there for an hour or two touching and smelling the products I've collected. I don't tend to chew on things much these days because some of the things in my collection of free samples have chemicals in them that I really don't want to get in my mouth, but I remember when I was younger I used to love chewing on my plastic dinosaurs and I loved putting the stones in my mouth and feeling them with my tongue.

When I was younger I collected toy cars, plastic dinosaurs, shells and interesting stones. I had an enormous collection of shells and stones, but the shells ended up getting smashed when we moved house and I threw away all the stones on a whim when I was 11 years old. My earliest collection was a collection of conkers that I gathered when I was 5. I loved to tip them out on to the floor and arrange them in patterns, and I loved to count them. I had over 200 conkers. :D

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2009, 5:53 pm

Past Collections:

Rocks and shells (fun to classify!)
Handmade beads
Slag Glass
Non-Fiction books
Tolkienana
Novelty coffee cups
Vintage signs / old advertising tins
Hungarian memorabillia, old soviet jewelry (brough back from a visit to Budapest and Eger)

Current Collections: (we live in a very small space right now)

Non-Fiction ebooks (gradually replacing all my paper books to ebooks)
Old magazines for collaging

INTJ.

Victor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2009, 7:31 pm

Collections:

Knives

Books

Lighters

Shiny stuff = Anything else that catches my interest.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 11:59 pm

Previously: toy cars, stamps, Horror Magazines, rare cameras, and rare coins.

Now just books on subjects that fascinate me.

Things I'd love to be able to collect: toy Ferraris, HP Lovecraft books, and sportscars bits.

(I still own a lovely mineral collection I got when I was 7 years old. By the way, anyone want to buy a Minox??)

Nightrain
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2009, 7:44 pm

My largest collection is of Tolkien items; dozens of books with different covers, random toys, posters, music, basicly anything that has something to do with Tolkien

Star Wars
foreign money
rocks, semi-precious stones-I still have a large case under my dresser
Random stuff that's pretty, shiny, or feels good.-I have a whole huge tube of random stuff I love

Books:I've filled all the shelves in my room and my parents gave me three shelves of my own in the computer room.
Dragons