Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 8:52 am

What do you collect now? And what did your previous collections contain? I always had a weakness for collecting things. I started my first collection in my early childhood; as far as I remember I was 4 in that time. We lived in a village, my grandparents were breeding poultry: ducks, hens, guinea fowls, so I had many occasions to find feathers to my collection. I remember that one day I felt bored with it and I felt an irresistable compulsion to throw out all my feathers but a bit later I already knew that in fact everything I wanted was to have them got back :D I terrorized my family with my cries - I remember that it was my gran who was forced to look for the objects of my collection and give them back to me :twisted: :D Two years later I used to eat some kind of waffles (their name was Kuku-ruku, I recalled this name after years) and to each one there was enclosed a sticker with a picture of an animal. I collected them as same as the rest of children from our kindergarten. In the same time I also used to collect the fake banknotes of all countries that were given to the chewing gum which my mother bought for me. A few years later I was proud of a collection of pencil sharpeners and photos of women cut out of the illustrated magazins. In my early and middle teens I was a collector of the posters with famous stars of film and music. Several years ago picture postcards, small figurines of dogs and stamps joined my collections too. I planned also starting several others ( minerals, china dolls, glass figurines of animals - here I was inspired by "The glass menagerie") but every time I got bored very quickly when I couldn't find a new thing to my collection for a long time). And how does it look in your case? :D

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 9:03 am

I collect cat-related items of all kinds-books, figurines, stuffed animals, pictures, etc. I have a painting of my cat done by a person on my cat site. It is absolutely beautiful.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2007, 9:24 am

I collect plastic bags and envelopes.

BigT
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2007, 12:13 pm

I guess you could say I collect CAR magazine, as I have an entire four-storey drawer which was packed to the brim with them. I had to throw many away because there was no-where else to put them. It's starting to fill up again, though. :D
I got a subscription, so I never miss an issue!

Oh and, er....Cars PWN! 8)

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 12:22 pm

Snowglobes and shells

..I collect some stupid things too, like pencils... I used to collect duck figurines and rubber ducks... <_< I will not be explaining that
I don't get bored to easilly with my collections, they can last years

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 12:27 pm

rocks, shells, Warhammer

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 12:36 pm

Books

Have collected many things in my past, including...

antique ornaments
Antique dolls
vintage cameras
old photos/postcards
mcdonalds toys
Dr Who memorabilia
Disney stuff
Tintin books
erasers
pens/pencils

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 12:38 pm

Coins, books on mythology, owl figurines, interesting packs of cards from different places.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 12:39 pm

9CatMom wrote:
I collect cat-related items of all kinds-books, figurines, stuffed animals, pictures, etc. I have a painting of my cat done by a person on my cat site. It is absolutely beautiful.

That's so awesome. I would love that.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 May 2007, 1:05 pm

rocks, sportscards, (i just bought a scottie pippen rookie and two mike piazza rookies) and music cds

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 1:49 pm

Plastic bags, lectronic parts, broken electronic devices, little bolts, posters, samurai-related items, miniature swords (specially katanas), cool videos that I find on the web, manga (Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Quest, Bt'X, . . .), Robotech comics, action figures of my favorite anime & videogames, anime & videogames merchandising, . . .

When I was a child I used to collect beans, Mazinger Z Dragon Ball Z and Captain Tsubasa stamps and stickers, Pokémon postcards and "Tazos" (they came with the potato chips and Dorito's), DBZ "Yokos" (also with the potato chips) and small figures of Disney, Dragon Ball, Hanna-Barbera, and Rugrats

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 1:50 pm

I have a huge collection of diecast Routemasters.

ainvar
Raven
Raven

24 May 2007, 2:12 pm

The list has included:
-rocks
-sticks
-magazines
-books
-misc. sentimental items
-old computers
-broken electronics
-video game consoles
-calculators
-photographic cameras
-old fast food toys
-musical instruments
-LPs
-VHSes
-software (of varying degrees of legality)
-digital media of all sorts (especially video)
-restaurant silverware and napkins
-and other things too, I'm sure =)

Sadly, I cannot be collecting anything for awhile due to moving soon to a much smaller place. Still, I might get just a FEW more instruments...everybody loves music, right? =)

Schlafmuetze
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2007, 2:31 pm

as a child i collected:
Postcards, i prefered them with two pictures on it you have to hold them and move them the whole time ( don`t know how to call this in english) that you can see the pictures changing... later i changed to collect stamps, i collected also smurfs
And the other thin i can not explain i will try it.: As a 5 year old child i found out that the "furemaker ?" gives his waste away if you ask...the wast was: the faces and the feets from the anymals which he couldnt use to make a fur-coat ( sorry, i don`t know how to write/say that right) i found interesting the different look of each i compared them every day i could decorate my whole room with it...
My mother found it terrible, but also interesting.
Today i collect things which are glowig in the night, LED lamps and buttoms (!).
muetze

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 2:33 pm

9CatMom wrote:

I also love cats :D Every time I visited my grandparents I played with their cats. I have several favourite forums which I visit many times a day and one of them is about those gorgeous animals. It's a veritable treasury of knowledge about Felis silvestris catus in the Polish Internet :D

ainvar
Raven
Raven

24 May 2007, 2:48 pm

Schlafmuetze wrote:
And the other thin i can not explain i will try it.: As a 5 year old child i found out that the "furemaker ?"

I think the word for that is "Furrier" =) Interesting collectible, to be sure =)