Does anyone get the Ozzy Osbourne Sydromme

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 1:16 pm

Thats what I call it

I notice I get like this at work especially when there is a lot to be done and I see piles of work I also get like this when I am stressed what happens:

I start walking all over the place looking absolutly lost and then when I start talking I start slurry my speech sometime I don't exactly know what I'm saying sometimes I end up saying the sentence the wrong way round does get it

I call Ozzy Osbourne by the way I walk around

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 May 2007, 1:24 pm

haha ozzy osbourne, funny guy. that guys done so many drugs thats why hes like that

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 1:26 pm

I like Ozzy Osbourne. He is interesting and amusing and totally off his head most of the time, even tho he supposedly doesn't do drugs etc anymore.

But to answer, when I am overloaded, I tend to just freeze totally in my tracks and stare into space, my mind a total blank.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 1:27 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I like Ozzy Osbourne. He is interesting and amusing and totally off his head most of the time, even tho he supposedly doesn't do drugs etc anymore.

I don't think he does do drugs anymore, but his brain is already so fried that he is really out there a lot of the time.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 1:38 pm

I get Ronnie James Dio syndrome
(walking around with a big sword flashing the devil horns to everyone) :lol:

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 2:20 pm

He already had dyslexia and ADD before he ever touched drugs, he wasn't "normal" to begin with. He also has hearing loss (from the music) which contributes to his apparent unresponsiveness sometimes, and he's still on neuroleptics I think.

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 May 2007, 3:07 pm

"of all the things i've lost I miss my mind the most"~Ozzy

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 4:19 pm

I get it too...don't feel bad. :D

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 5:29 pm

Actually I dressed up like Ozzy Osbourne at a party I had no trouble with interaction when I did it I can talk like him as well that made it fun

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 5:40 pm

I'm sure I may also have 'Ozzy Osbourne' syndrome. My words come out quite weirdly sometimes.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2007, 6:08 am

yeah i get that as well...i dont ask for Sharon, but i stare blankly and agree with whatever has been said to me....
i will walk around like i am doing something and pick up a phone and act like i am dialing out when there is really a dialtone...
i try to buy time when i do this...

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 9:34 am

Ozzy also has tremors (although it's been denied he has Parkinson's), probably due to decades of neurological and psychological stress from his lifestyle. Tremors are also a side affect of substance abuse, in particular stimulants and central nervous suppressants, which Ozzy has cerainyl abuse, espically alcohol. He is on meds for the tremors and those likely have side affects like confusion, slowed motor and cognitive responses, and slurred speech.

But autistics can have a sort of significant slowing down of cognitive and motor responses too when stressed or fatigued. I do this - when I'm very stressed I have a lot harder time talking - literally, just forming words. Other times, I've been a lot worse and for extended periods. For years I called it's "autistic withdrawl" before i know that's actually what it's called. It's mainly among HFAs. In some cases, it can be very extreme, dramatically decreasing the autistic to a near low functioning state, and last for a few years

Last edited by Cade on 25 May 2007, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.