When someone is lacking in social skills. For example they may:

Have awkward pauses in conversations
Not be able to tell what is and is not socially appropriate
Feel nervous in social situations because of their lack of social skills
Be shy and quiet, especially around strangers
Never be the ones to start a conversation
Etc.

Which sounds a lot like HFA.

In my opinion, this is what differentiates HFA from socially awkward NT: HFA-awkward is more impairing than NT-awkward, and HFA-awkward is accompanied by other problems, which can be found in the criteria.

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2017, 9:16 pm

"Socially backward" means "we do it the correct way while you waste time doing stupid things for self-enjoyment, so we're just going to ignore you etc..." and all of you guys are repressing it! LOL

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2017, 9:35 pm

My girl/wife/woman "other puzzle piece" who is an NT, after much goading etc... finally admitted "I want to dress up like a clown and shoot the town's fire engine's hose for fun", so guess what we're planning on doing for the next two weeks LOL!

The goal is (of course) to not only force them to make us do it but to also force my retired mother who sews to sew us a clown costume AND for me what whatever-her-name-is my other to do it as close to free as possible LOL!

But I will not film it so too bad for you guys LOL

Best part is- the more crazy things like that I do, the more disabled I become and the more reason for me to be disabled and get free money for life! Dude- LBJ left a back door open for us LOL- he must have been an Aspie... and the more I make this obvious, the more they'll try to shut me up with more money LOL

And since I am unable to take care of myself because I am disabled, I also get free health insurance that I don't need because I keep my body in perfect shape and usually tell my doctor what's wrong with me and she ends up agreeing with me LOL! (Of course I went through about six doctors to find a smart one etc...) I even call HER every three or four months to tell them I want a full blood test and I want to see all the results... and they do it!! ! LOL

They scheduled a $5,000 CAT scan for me and I didn't show up. Finally the "healthcare company official rep" called me personally to tell me to take the CAT scan LOL I replied "I don't need to spend $5,000 of the State of Pennsylvania's money on a test that everyone already knows already LOL and ended up making her not only convince me I shouldn't get one but also promised she'd forward my doctor's call to let her know it's a $5,000 meaningless waste of money LOL.... she'll never call again LOL

You guys need to loosen up A LOT!

And oh yeah... I DO once in a while make a typo and are too lazy to correct it SO THERE! LOL!! !

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:41 pm

yes i am socially awkward

it means you (or i) do not fit in with precious little "people" on a recreational level. it means that i say and do things they have the nerve to judge as bad or wrong. but that was not the way i meant them.

it means that i do not know what to talk about or what to do, to elicit a favorable response.

it means i dress and even walk "weird".

it means that i ain't aware of some nonverbal communication. i do not know what facial expressions i made. and i do not know which ones precious lil "people" expect.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2017, 10:25 pm

Like this, but all the time...