Page 1 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2017, 12:11 pm

What are your thoughts on Alt Right movement?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:15 pm

Not a lot tbh. It is pretty small in reality, I don't rate them as coherent or convincing. It is just a re-branding of old ideas.

Alt-right is the opposite side of the coin to SJWs, becuase they are both identitarian and controlling in ideology.

They are the opposition they always wanted and what they always claimed everyone that was not like them was.

Being able to label large groups as alt right or fascist is convenient to say the least.

So in a way it is irritating that idiot like that step up to the plate and play that role, but I suppose they already existed.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:32 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Not a lot tbh. It is pretty small in reality, I don't rate them as coherent or convincing. It is just a re-branding of old ideas.

Alt-right is the opposite side of the coin to SJWs, becuase they are both identitarian and controlling in ideology.

They are the opposition they always wanted and what they always claimed everyone that was not like them was.

Being able to label large groups as alt right or fascist is convenient to say the least.

So in a way it is irritating that idiot like that step up to the plate and play that role, but I suppose they already existed.

As resources shrink animals rely more and more on their baser instincts, the two groups you mentioned are examples of this: both feel marginalized in a world with fewer and fewer options so they lash out with primal rage at the institutions in place, and the people that support those institutions. Get used to it, those two groups are only going to grow in coming years. Rage is easy, cooperation is hard, hence the reason we'll see more of the former.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:34 pm

Except worse is relative. I'm not sure things really are as bad as people believe, there is a lot of hysteria.

Historically speaking we have been a lot worse.

Primal is right, but mainly due to lack of deductive reasoning skills.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2017, 1:44 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

As resources shrink animals rely more and more on their baser instincts, the two groups you mentioned are examples of this: both feel marginalized in a world with fewer and fewer options so they lash out with primal rage at the institutions in place, and the people that support those institutions. Get used to it, those two groups are only going to grow in coming years. Rage is easy, cooperation is hard, hence the reason we'll see more of the former.

Agree. It comes.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:48 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Except worse is relative. I'm not sure things really are as bad as people believe, there is a lot of hysteria.

Historically speaking we have been a lot worse.

Primal is right, but mainly due to lack of deductive reasoning skills.

We've also not had populations near this size before. Large populations create intense competition for resources, whether they're abundant or not. That said, those resources are strained. There were approximately 1.7 billion people in 1900, there were 7 billion as of 2012. That's a 411% increase in a 112 year period, it's unsustainable growth, and it does create resource problems. No worries, talking about population control is a complete non-starter, so the problem will not be solved by politics but war, pestilence, and disease. If a species can't control itself nature will, whether it be inner nature, mother nature, or a combination of both.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:55 pm

While I kind of agree, there is strong evidence to support we are having fewer children and this even true in the developing world despite the perception.

The average is the same in Bangladesh as it is in western Europe and is only slightly higher in African countries.

It is modern medicine that has contributed to this growing and older population.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 2:05 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
While I kind of agree, there is strong evidence to support we are having fewer children and this even true in the developing world despite the perception.

The average is the same in Bangladesh as it is in western Europe and is only slightly higher in African countries.

It is modern medicine that has contributed to this growing and older population.

No I agree with you, the birthrate is slowing, and modern medicine (I'd go as far back as antiseptics in the mid 1800s) is a main culprit. That said I don't think it's slowing enough to stop before it hits the wall so to speak.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 2:19 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
No I agree with you, the birthrate is slowing, and modern medicine (I'd go as far back as antiseptics in the mid 1800s) is a main culprit. That said I don't think it's slowing enough to stop before it hits the wall so to speak.

Yes I don't know why this a controversial idea. They discussed this in the 19th century.

I think people like make the literal space argument which is silly, obviously we aren't goign to stand side by side in new jersey.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 4:18 pm

The Alt Right is the cross burner able to pass himself off as a hipster.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:45 am

JLD wrote:
What are your thoughts on Alt Right movement?

They are a bunch of intellectual lightweights who think that evolution is racist.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2017, 4:49 am

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2017, 4:52 am

He looks like a cartoon i think.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:54 am

JLD wrote:

That dick should be punched in the face every day of his life.

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2017, 6:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JLD wrote:

That dick should be punched in the face every day of his life.

But he is great anyway. I totaly agree with him. I hope these are not empty words.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:00 am

Human population on Earth has grown more since antibiotics have been around. Learning sanitizing techniques has also added to this.
But I agree that the population has reached a point of something bad happening. "Guns, germs and steel;" mutated viruses, the death of the "dream" of prosperity for the burgeoning lower classes, and now there's moss growing in Antarctica.
For some reason alt righters think they can create a pocket of their version of utopia. Dream on.