Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2017, 8:45 pm

Hi guys,
I just wanted to tell you all about this to see what you thought about it and to see if anyone else had done it and possibly gotten results. So, I am an undiagnosed Aspie and recently I got sick of people tell me that I don't quite/can't meet the criteria because of XYZ and decided to take the criteria straight from the DSMV and go through them one by one elaborating and giving examples. I also included my RAADS-R score of 151 and the breakdown. I finished my rough draft today and I'm going to have my mom read it (she's finally coming around to the idea that I'm on the spectrum) Has anyone here presented something similar to doctors, psychologists, or family members? What were the results? Do you have any additional advice for me?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:12 pm

You may want to have a shorter version organized in list format if you plan on handing it to a GP as they have short attention spans and won't read 3600 words no matter what you do. A psychologist who you see for an hour appointment and pay out of pocket to see might be your best chance to get what you compiled actually read. Ideally you should see a psychologist who has specializes in ASD.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2017, 9:26 pm

Yeah I plan on having a shorter version as well. I just wanted to have a version that left no room for misinterpretation or any of that "But you can talk and make eye contact" crap that psychologists like to pull when they meet me without getting all the information. Thanks for the input.

wish_and_persist
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2017, 12:58 am

I'm doing the same. I actually just finished my notes, its a list really. My assessment showed that I have significant characteristics but my ability to make friends keep me from making the criteria. That's kinda offensive in a way..