Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 6:11 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Over the past couple days I've been talking to a girl on OKCupid. She's nice, and way prettier than a guy like me has any right to hope for, and we're going to meet up for a date on Monday. Only problem is, OKC has a ton of survey questions you can answer and compare your answers to the people you're talking to, and a couple of her answers are a little concerning. They are:
"Is a woman who sleeps with 100 men a bad person?"
Her answer: No (Explanation: "Maybe she needs it to be happy, or she just likes sex. I don't judge.")
and
"Is a man who sleeps with 100 woman a bad person?"
Her answer: Yes (Explanation: "Horrible person who only uses women for his needs!")

I mean, that's about as big a double standard as you can get. She seems nice enough now, but what if those double standards extend into other things? Is it even worth getting involved with someone who thinks like this?

Hi Adam,
I am just going to say, you are right to consider all your options, i know i should have recently. I used it too and actually answered all the questions this time, if you think it will put you off meeting her because of the comment then consider why it was she put the explanation?
I must admit, I really hate that one myself, and would also get defensive if I thought someone was condoning it, not that you were, but some men like to big themselves up and look cool when its clear no woman wants to be thought of like that.
It's hard I know, but online dating is a huge risk and challenge, never knowing quite who you're going to meet and you should always talk to them first, just so you know they sound genuine and are still interested, if not, then send a clear reminder out to them that you can't meet them due to... and leave it at that, include a block if need be.

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
CudgelFace wrote:
Exactly! Finally two peple who arent heartless. Adam is a troll and a bully and a racist that's all there is to it. nobody should date him. He should be left all by himself so that hell learn not to be such a dick. I hope nobody reads his books after he told them there art was trash. Hes the only trash here.

You represent everything that's wrong with my generation.

Nothing pisses me off more than simps who act like superheroes, and portrays women as victims.

Pathetic.

If you think that than your no better than Adam. Look at this thread and all the sexist jerks who think its okay to lead an innocent girl on and then lie to her and you want to tell me that women arent victims? Nobody else will defend them and jerks like you will keep victimizeing them so hell yeah Im going to defend them. GTFO.

CudgelFace
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Empathy wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Over the past couple days I've been talking to a girl on OKCupid. She's nice, and way prettier than a guy like me has any right to hope for, and we're going to meet up for a date on Monday. Only problem is, OKC has a ton of survey questions you can answer and compare your answers to the people you're talking to, and a couple of her answers are a little concerning. They are:
Her answer: No (Explanation: "Maybe she needs it to be happy, or she just likes sex. I don't judge.")
and
Her answer: Yes (Explanation: "Horrible person who only uses women for his needs!")

I mean, that's about as big a double standard as you can get. She seems nice enough now, but what if those double standards extend into other things? Is it even worth getting involved with someone who thinks like this?

Hi Adam,
I am just going to say, you are right to consider all your options, i know i should have recently. I used it too and actually answered all the questions this time, if you think it will put you off meeting her because of the comment then consider why it was she put the explanation?
I must admit, I really hate that one myself, and would also get defensive if I thought someone was condoning it, not that you were, but some men like to big themselves up and look cool when its clear no woman wants to be thought of like that.
It's hard I know, but online dating is a huge risk and challenge, never knowing quite who you're going to meet and you should always talk to them first, just so you know they sound genuine and are still interested, if not, then send a clear reminder out to them that you can't meet them due to... and leave it at that, include a block if need be.

I dont think he post here anymore. he was being a jerk so we drove him off lol

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm

^^Um.. thanks.. I think. I'm nearly thirty though, so I know that guys like Adam are only trying to find their feet in life. Uk dating is very different anyway.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:34 am

Empathy wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
and

Hi Adam,

Isn't the bold part means telling a white lie?
I wonder why CudgetFace didn't attack you too like he did to Adam (and the other guys who agreed) for telling a white lie. :roll: :lol:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 5:46 am

Is Katie's behaviour acceptable? :lol:

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 6:55 am

CudgelFace wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
CudgelFace wrote:
Exactly! Finally two peple who arent heartless. Adam is a troll and a bully and a racist that's all there is to it. nobody should date him. He should be left all by himself so that hell learn not to be such a dick. I hope nobody reads his books after he told them there art was trash. Hes the only trash here.

You represent everything that's wrong with my generation.

Nothing pisses me off more than simps who act like superheroes, and portrays women as victims.

Pathetic.

If you think that than your no better than Adam. Look at this thread and all the sexist jerks who think its okay to lead an innocent girl on and then lie to her and you want to tell me that women arent victims? Nobody else will defend them and jerks like you will keep victimizeing them so hell yeah Im going to defend them. GTFO.

Yes, women are not victims. It goes both ways buddy. I don't understand why you want to defend a person with stupid opinions, just because she is a woman, she can defend herself. I doubt you have much experience with women, if any at all.

Copelandia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

AngelRho wrote:
If every WP account was deleted because we offended someone, they'd have to shut down the entire website.

:crying with laughter:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:36 am

I swatted it.

Carry on.

Sorry it took so long, but I literally rolled out of bed 20 minutes ago.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:47 am

Empathy wrote:
^^Um.. thanks.. I think. I'm nearly thirty though, so I know that guys like Adam are only trying to find their feet in life. Uk dating is very different anyway.

Well maybe they should do it without being nasty to people...I was on that other thread and yeah it got pretty nasty with this adam poster being extremely toxic to everyone. I can't say I am not a little concerned that if they got a relationship they would wreck it by exhibiting that same pattern..of being pleasant enough initially and the progressively getting more and more toxic should he and the potential girl disagree on something regardless of how minor. I mean god forbid she has more wide standards of what she views as art...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Empathy wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
and

Hi Adam,

I wonder why CudgetFace didn't attack you too like he did to Adam (and the other guys who agreed) for telling a white lie. :roll: :lol:

You can give a white lie as you reason that you can't meet...but leading them to believe you are planning to meet them and then just not following up with them is a jerk move. Whether its a man doing it to a woman or vice versa...If you aren't going to meet them tell them you aren't going to meet them, don't string them along.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Empathy wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
and

Hi Adam,

You can give a white lie as you reason that you can't meet...but leading them to believe you are planning to meet them and then just not following up with them is a jerk move. Whether its a man doing it to a woman or vice versa...If you aren't going to meet them tell them you aren't going to meet them, don't string them along.

Ok I see.

Btw, if you have a problem with a user, just simply report the user in the thread where he/she offended you.

It's off topic to bring up what offended you by him in some other thread.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Empathy wrote:
ThisAdamGuy wrote:
and

Hi Adam,

Ok I see.

Btw, if you have a problem with a user, just simply report the user in the thread where he/she offended you.

It's off topic to bring up what offended you by him in some other thread.

True, but then again I am not the one who brought it up...it was brought up earlier by another poster. But yeah I think stringing people along is a lot worse than just telling them you don't want to meet or that you don't want to be in a relationship. It's like the ugly cousin of ghosting.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Carry on.

No. I think this whole thread is entirely unacceptable and you should remove it. Its already been dragged on when its
clear the person(op) I was replying to is offline and not responding anymore to this thread, I hadn't read the follow up to what happened and have now, so I don't wish to add anything else.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:34 am

Empathy wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Carry on.

No. I think this whole thread is entirely unacceptable and you should remove it. Its already been dragged on when its
clear the person(op) I was replying to is offline and not responding anymore to this thread, I hadn't read the follow up to what happened and have now, so I don't wish to add anything else.

No, the thread is very acceptable.

And the mods find it acceptable.

Only you and Katie don't find it acceptable.

Did you notice that all females (five) members on the first page were agreeing with Adam or at least asked him to be wary?
Because any sane person can see that her answers are very troubling hypocrisy.

And no, they were not just "random answers"; or different mood at different times - because she had added explicit explanation to each answer.
If they were just yes/no answers then we could give her the benefit of doubt of answering randomly or mindlessly - but her answers weren't so.

But after CudgelFace (katie) turned the thread into a gender war; then female members, like you and few others, started to appear attacking adam and defending the "poor girl"
... and Sweetleaf changed sides. :lol:.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 5:15 pm

Empathy wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Carry on.

So you want the thread closed because you are being ignored and can't add to it any further?
I'm....pretty sure that's not a valid reason to close a thread when you aren't the OP.

Dating is a funny game and people are frankly hypocrites. Many regardless of gender think of all the things they want to be seen supporting or not supporting yet fail to register any of these points against their own conflicting views or personal biases in order to progress their cognitive behaviour. But then, many don't want to be upstanding people....they just want to be seen as such.

While this is a minor thing, I see it as a major character flaw. Cognitive dissonance is ten a penny - humility and a definitive open mind is not.

Hey, they might have changed their stance on a question and forgot to update their answer if you're willing to give them the benefit of a doubt. Who knows! But my gut would tell me otherwise.