could autism feel like a life long solitary confinement?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2017, 10:36 am

I kind of feel that I'm living in a solitary confinement. Everything but language and internet feels like it's not there, or utterly muted, and extremely uninteresting. The only thing that somehow catched my attention was the 9/11 incident years ago. Since then, I've never cared to any extent for absolutely ANYTHING.
I'm locked inside myself and feel like a blind-deaf person. The only thing that gets inside is what people actually tell me or what I read. All other senses are shut down completely.
The problem with that is that I feel like I should care. about my life, getting a job or girlfriend or whatever. But in my situation and this "isolation from the outer world" these stuff don't make any sense to me. And others are also pushing me about this stuff. e.g. making me drunk and trying to make me have sex in a brothel (seriously, this really happend).
They simply don't get me.
Is this it? is this my life and will be like this forever? is this at all Asperger's? or is it something else?

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2017, 11:04 am

I dont know. As for myself I've never wanted to be outside. Because of my hatred to other people.

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2017, 11:43 am

By outside, do you mean outside of "your mind" or out of "your self" or just outside of the home, in the public?
Before I turned 15, I wasn't outside of "my self". I was in a sort of dream state, and it felt good and I was good at school and everything kind of worked. With puberty and immigration to Germany, I suddenly found out that it's expected to be outside. And sort of have internalized that inside myself.
And now I'm super p*s*ed that I can't be outside of myself, as I meanwhile expect that from myself.
Another thing that makes me crazy is that my internal life is no more interesting or satisfying. Or maybe I've forgotten or unlearned the ways of living inside myself, firstly because of the interference from the outside and secondly because now I'm an adult and there are certain expectations.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

weakbody
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2017, 1:03 pm

I feel the same. Real world seems either boring or complicated to me and there are only few things that can get my attention. And then I obsess over them because those are the only things that "feed" my brain.

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2017, 1:31 pm

weakbody wrote:
I feel the same. Real world seems either boring or complicated to me and there are only few things that can get my attention. And then I obsess over them because those are the only things that "feed" my brain.

Ditto!
I also tend to obsess on subjects, but unfortunately mostly on health conditions, be it Asperger's or my idiopathic intracranial pressure, both of which are not recognized by doctors. I mean, I can understand that they do not recognize Asperger's. But I have THREE high intracranial pressure readings in last 3 months and they keep saying I don't have it. and it p*sses me off massively.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 1:06 am

Absolutely, this is largely how I have had to wade through life thus far. I hope to have a more involved existence eventually, I've had forays of meaningful interaction but I did not comprehend the extent of my mental afflictions during these periods, I think it will be a nice thing to be able to have further forays with the depth of knowledge and reflection I hold now.