Can finally say I am a high-functioning Autistic

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

N8solano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2017, 4:28 pm

After more than three years it answers a lot of questions for me. I took an ADOS-2 with equivocal results (open to various interpretations), and was first told that I have anxiety and ADHD.

After months with a clinical psychologist, it was determined that I actually DID have Autism (High-functioning).

Thanks for the support! Now I'm off to make the world a better place, if at least a little.

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2017, 5:31 pm

I Have high function autism.

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2017, 10:05 am

razzio wrote:
I Have high function autism.

Grammar Nazi coming in. "Functioning", but yes, me too. :D I am also HFA. I'm on the borderline of it.

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2017, 10:14 am

My spelling never been that good. Most of the time I use auto correct.

Capulet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jun 2017, 5:22 am

razzio wrote:
My spelling never been that good. Most of the time I use auto correct.

A lot of people are like that. Don't ever let it prevent you from saying what you want to say!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jun 2017, 5:09 am

A fantastic warm WP welcome to you.

We have freedom of poetic and artistic / autistic licence on here so don't let anyone judge the grammar on here too harshly! As an aspiring writer myself I recognize the limitations of language all too well...

Have a long and happy stay on planet WP.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:37 pm

[Spoiler Alert:]

"High Functioning" does not mean "nearly normal."

It only means "can dress and go potty without assistance."

"Mild Form" is a MYTH. It only indicates that you are better at concealing your debilitating handicaps than some others with your condition are. Autism is Autism.

I realize this will cause a great deal of consternation and argument from those youngsters without enough life experience to recognize the truth of my statements, but that in no way invalidates my accuracy.

For instance - you know that common conviction we Apergians tend to have, that we are the only truly rational beings on this planet, and it's the NTs who are illogical, emotional and make little to no sense in their reasoning?

Think about this very carefully: That is the reasoning of a madman. The truly crazy don't think of themselves as crazy. They think they are the only ones who make sense, and the rest of the world is stupid or insane.

Like it or not, "neurological dysfunction" = "mental illness."

We were born with Funhouse Mirror Goggles sewn to our heads. The world as we see it, is not the real world.

Our world is filled with the sound of discordant calliopes, the cackle of demons, the screaming of banshees and endless hallways of warped optics. It's only natural that we should walk into the occasional wall and knock ourselves down. :lol: I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. But I'm not wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 4:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)