Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:15 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I don't believe for a second that you honestly think Russia has had a plant in this obscure low traffic forum for nearly a decade.

I'm not discounting the possibility. Obviously, this forum alone wouldn't be his or her only gig. The Russian trolls are raising mayhem all over the internet, and an individual employee would operate on multiple fora. There must be some central authority, telling people to share such-and-such video from Inessa S or RT, and they do it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-i ... ump-2016-7

You're not convincing me any regarding this particular matter. I don't believe you really suspect Jacoby of being a Russian employee, not even for a millisecond. As far as the pattern of a troll stirring up trouble goes, that's virtually always someone who shows up out of the blue and immediately starts spamming and gunning for veteran members. Jacoby doesn't fit that pattern.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
You're not convincing me any regarding this particular matter.

If you're not convinced, you're not convinced. So what?

EzraS wrote:
I don't believe you really suspect Jacoby of being a Russian employee, not even for a millisecond.

EzraS wrote:
As far as the pattern of a troll stirring up trouble goes, that's usually someone who shows up out of the blue and immediately starts gunning for veteran members.

I'm not "gunning" for anyone. I don't even own a gun. I'm not one of those "second amendment people." Within a millisecond of joining the forum, a "veteran member" started posting offensive and weird comments, directed at me, about CNN and homosexuality. This is what Russian trolls are paid to do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 7:11 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
I'm not "gunning" for anyone. I don't even own a gun. I'm not one of those "second amendment people."

Actually I was referring to what Jacoby doesn't do. Or so I thought.

StinkyDog wrote:
Within a millisecond of joining the forum, a "veteran member" started posting offensive and weird comments, directed at me, about CNN and homosexuality. This is what Russian trolls are paid to do.

That's a very serious accusation. I guess I better private message Alex Plank the site owner and each of the staff members regarding this matter just to be on the safe side so they can evaluate and deal with the matter appropriately.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 7:35 pm

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 7:54 pm

SH90 wrote:

And in this case apparently a profession.

Jacoby will of course be immediately banned for being paid by the Russian government to troll Wrong Planet.

This is monumental. I'd expect the media would want to write a story about a Russian government paid employee troll planted on an autism forum. One of the formost autism sites on the internet.

I guess the appropriate authorities should be notified as well.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:04 pm

I have to admit, he is a very convincing liar. Not quite convincing enough though, and after having watched this clip I have to say that I now think that even if he himself didn't give any specific orders to interfere in the elections held in France and the U.S., one of his minions must have taken the initiative on his behalf.

Megyn asks, as any good reporter should, direct and potentially embarrassing questions, and how does he respond? By bringing up, among other things, the J.F.K. assassination conspiracy. He tries to deflect, change the subject, and indulges in ad hominem.

He's definitely hiding something, and it shows.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:10 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
She speaks English with a Russian-Australian accent.

- regarding Inessa S

No, that accent doesn't sound either Russian or Australian. I had never heard of this "Inessa S" before, but now that I have found her I'll start watching her clips and find out what all the fuss is about.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:39 pm

Lintar wrote:
I have to admit, he is a very convincing liar. Not quite convincing enough though, and after having watched this clip I have to say that I now think that even if he himself didn't give any specific orders to interfere in the elections held in France and the U.S., one of his minions must have taken the initiative on his behalf.

Megyn asks, as any good reporter should, direct and potentially embarrassing questions, and how does he respond? By bringing up, among other things, the J.F.K. assassination conspiracy. He tries to deflect, change the subject, and indulges in ad hominem.

He's definitely hiding something, and it shows.

Interesting analysis. Especially the part about deflecting.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2017, 8:45 pm

Lintar wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:
She speaks English with a Russian-Australian accent.

- regarding Inessa S

No, that accent doesn't sound either Russian or Australian. I had never heard of this "Inessa S" before, but now that I have found her I'll start watching her clips and find out what all the fuss is about.

The first few seconds struck me as Australian--the rising pitch as you approach the end of a phrase, and the silent r's at the end of syllables. Of course, she isn't a native English speaker. I was thinking maybe she went to Australia as a university student or something.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 9:11 pm

It's too bad BanDoger isn't around at the moment. He's an actual Russian who posts from Russia.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2017, 9:43 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 57641.html

Quote:
Russia hired 1,000 people to create anti-Clinton 'fake news' in key US states during election, Trump-Russia hearings leader reveals

The Kremlin paid an army of more than 1,000 people to create fake anti-Hillary Clinton news stories targeting key swing states, the leading Democrat on the committee looking into alleged Russian interference in the US election has said...

... there were upwards of a thousand internet trolls working out of a facility in Russia, in effect taking over a series of computers which are then called botnets, that can then generate news down to specific areas...

...receiving off of whoever your vendor might have been, Trump versus Clinton, during the waning days of the election, but instead, ‘Clinton is sick’, or ‘Clinton is taking money from whoever for some source’ … fake news.

“An outside foreign adversary effectively sought to hi-jack the most critical democratic process, the election of a President, and in that process, decided to favour one candidate over another.”

The key states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania which Mr Warner named all fell narrowly - and unexpectedly - to Donald Trump...

...a large number of Russian trolls were now churning out support for Mr Trump

“I created this list of Russian trolls when I was researching. And I check on it once in a while, still. And a lot of them have turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives. I don't know what's going on, but they're all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff," he said....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 10:10 pm

It's a somewhat clever although transparent strategy for certain media to claim anyone who's anti-Clinton, anti-Democrat, anti-liberal is one of thousands of supposed paid Russian infiltrators. This is why Russia must be viewed as a hostile enemy out to subvert us. Of couse virtually none of this nonsense existed before 2016. It reeks of desperation. Ridiculous measures and lengths taken by a political party on the brink of extinction. It's pretty easy to out it for what it is and have a good laugh at it. They've made it abundantly clear who we actually should be leery of.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2017, 10:30 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/30 ... -for-Trump

Quote:
...In his research from St. Petersburg, Chen discovered that Russian internet trolls — paid by the Kremlin to spread false information on the internet — have been behind a number of "highly coordinated campaigns" to deceive the American public.

It's a brand of information warfare, known as "dezinformatsiya," that has been used by the Russians since at least the Cold War. The disinformation campaigns are only one "active measure" tool used by Russian intelligence to "sow discord among," and within, allies perceived hostile to Russia....

..."It is designed, as retired KGB General Oleg Kalugin once defined it, 'to drive wedges in the Western community alliances of all sorts, particularly NATO, to sow discord among allies, to weaken the United States in the eyes of the people in Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and thus to prepare ground in case the war really occurs.' The most common subcategory of active measures is dezinformatsiya, or disinformation: feverish, if believable lies cooked up by Moscow Centre and planted in friendly media outlets to make democratic nations look sinister."

It is not surprising, then, that the Kremlin would pay internet trolls to pose as Trump supporters and build him up online. In fact, that would be the easy part....

...Trump as a presidential candidate helped Russia take active measures to interfere with the election, whether he realized it or not.

“Part of the reason active measures have worked in this election is because the commander-in-chief has used active measures at times against his opponents,” Watts testified....

...He testified that Paul Manafort, then Trump’s campaign chairman, promoted a bogus story Aug. 14 about a terrorist attack on a NATO base in Turkey, which originated on the Russian propaganda websites RT and Sputnik.

Trump then cited a Sputnik article Oct. 11 about Benghazi that later disappeared from the internet, and Watts pointed out that the president denies the conclusions of U.S. intelligence about Russian election interference.

Watts also testified that Trump claimed repeatedly that the election could be rigged, which he said was the No. 1 theme pushed by RT, Sputnik and other Russian propaganda outlets.

“He’s made claims of voter fraud, that President Obama’s not a citizen and, you know, Congressman (Ted) Cruz is not a citizen,” Watts said. “Part of the reason active measures works, and it does today in terms of Trump Tower being ‘wiretapped,’ is because they parrot the same lines.”...

...So if Trump took Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan because of a coordinated and collaborative effort between his campaign and the Kremlin’s troll army which systematically deceived the American electorate — this election was stolen. A fraud was perpetrated, using racketeering and conspiracy.

The only question remaining is how much Trump and his people were aware that they were being fed false propaganda by the Kremlin, we already know that they willfully and eagerly used that information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5w3Ib1cyJM

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 10:32 pm

Watched this the other day, it was like a bird pecking at gnat, Putin is full of broken glass and rocks to fall upon if you approach him with a blunt edge and doesn't take any prisoners of suffer any fools, you watch him for some hours and read about his opinions, it's an insightful window.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 11:43 pm

People of my generation are too internet savvy to fall for this kind of stuff. Plus we don't have leftover cold war sentiments. It's so easy for us to see it for what it is and how they're just digging themselves into a deeper hole with their own blatantly obvious silly conspiracy propaganda. And we'll be voting in the upcoming big elections.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 4:19 am

I thought Putin was very convincing too (makes our politicians look pathetic when it comes to looking sincere). I thought it was interesting when he said that politics was going a certain direction anyway no matter what person was elected president.