Professional Diagnosis in Northern California

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sfnative
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2017, 1:16 pm

Good morning,

My husband and I have been working on challenges in our relationship. I have read the forum for a few years now and feel it is time to become more open to a professional diagnosis for my husband and now our 3 years old son. Although, my husband is reluctant to get a diagnosis because he is from Italy and finds that it is a negative factor rather than positive. My husband can become very violent and angry. We have handled it so far. I still love him and he says I am the cause of all his anger. I have read a lot of posts here for NTs as well as the NT sites and he seems to be Aspie at a low-mild level.

Our 3-year old has been having frequent meltdowns and with my husband a new father, he has become more and more angry. Where can I find a professional diagnosis in the Northern California area? San Francisco or San Mateo County?

sfnative :heart:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 1:53 pm

The Multi-disciplinary Assessment Center ( http://anp.ucsf.edu/patientcare/mdac ) at San Francisco General Hospital focuses on childhood diagnoses of autism, but probably would know about other clinics which offer adult assessments, too.

The Autism Center of Northern California ( http://www.acnc.org/ ) is also in San Francisco, and offers both childhood and adult diagnoses.

The San Francisco Autism Society ( http://www.sfautismsociety.org/bay-area ... guide.html ) offers a listing of diagnostic, clinical and support agencies and groups.

As always, you should check with university hospitals and research clinics in your area. They can sometimes offer lower fees.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

sfnative
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2017, 6:34 pm

Thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate it. I will look into these locations as well as other terrific universities here.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:37 pm

sfnative wrote:
Thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate it. I will look into these locations as well as other terrific universities here.

I am glad to be of some help for you. :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)