Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 1:50 am

Does Puget Sound , especially when it borders upon/by Seattle , have any appreciable waves/surf ?
If I move somewhere I'd like to be near the ocean , so I could maybe swim/hang out by the ocean :roll: again , at least after my foot is completely healed (albeit down to 5&1/2-6 toes and some flesh out too) .
I stayed away. from the ocean during my Santa Cruz years due to the open wounds in my foot . :(

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 4:57 am

...I should say I meant that about Tacoma as well - do either Se. or Ta. have beaches where Puget has waves suitable for some rolling around/some swimming/riding the waves near the shore ?
I was thinking of moving to Oregon​ , one coastal town in particular but...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 12:45 am

No, unfortunately the Sound has almost none of the things that make beach-going enjoyable. Waves are very small, and even during the hottest weather the water is very cold. Only a few of the beaches are sandy. The Sound is great for boating, beautiful islands, whale watching, sometimes, tide-pooling, sometimes. I've always liked Oregon beaches better.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 1:39 am

waves in normally still bodied of water, like pools or small lakes, make me uneasy.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 4:35 am

...Thank you, Red :) .
If I had tried to be pretty whimsical here, I might have headlined this " Surfin' Puget Sound ? " ! :P

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 8:39 am

It can get a bit wavy during storms.

Kiprobalhato wrote:
waves in normally still bodied of water, like pools or small lakes, make me uneasy.

The water in Puget Sound usually goes in and out like regular ocean, but has small swells. It's enough to crash and splash against the rocks.

Then again I just found this video