Trump Wants Solar Panels For Border Wall

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 10:47 am

Aristophanes wrote:
...the cartels you mention don't operate in this country, they operate in Mexico...

It amazes me how often your posts come-across so matter-of-factly, and are so wrong..... Mexican cartels operating in the U.S., is common knowledge, IMO----and, aside from what Jacoby mentioned about "human trafficking being an element", they also funnel guns from Guatemala through the U.S., to Mexico. How could you not know that----especially, when speaking so matter-of-factly makes it sound like you know something about it?

Here's an article discussing Mexican drug cartels, operating in the U.S.----and, there's PLENTY more articles:

http://extract.suntimes.com/extract-news/top-mexican-drug-cartels-in-united-states/

Sun Times wrote:
Mexican TCOs, also known as cartels, control drug trafficking of heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana across the Southwest border of the U.S. and throughout much of the country.

Cartels are currently working to expand their U.S. presence, particularly into the country’s heroin markets, the DEA reports.

In 2014 there were nine major cartels operating in Mexico and the United States. The Sinaloa Cartel currently dominates the largest region of influence and power among all nine.

The Sinaloa Cartel “leverages its expansive resources and dominance in Mexico” to smuggle and transport drugs throughout the U.S., according to the DEA.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 10:59 am

...Oh, absolutely ! It's absolutely perfect a solution and must not be questioned at all - :twisted: That would be NEGATIVE. Suggestions are always right!

="EzraS"]I was just wondering if there was a workable solution rather than being bent towards finding everything potentially wrong with it.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:00 am

It only separated East Berlin from West Berlin. It covered a total of approximately 90 miles. It was shaped like a sort of jagged rhombus; it wasn't a straight wall.

There were various "walls within walls" constructed after the initial construction.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:01 am

SH90 wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

He realizes we're in the northern hemisphere and thus those solar panels will have to be installed on the south part of the wall to reach maximum effectiveness right?...Meaning some Mexican gangs will now be in the solar business...or we could install them directly on top and pull 50% efficiency or the north and pull 30% efficiency, yay for waste!

Who says they have to be installed on top and not in a solar farm on empty land?

That was actually a recommendation I had below the post you linked. :wink: The Colorado plateau is one of the best places in the world to harvest solar energy and it's relatively close to where Trump's Great Wall would be. If he wanted to tie solar power into the plan to pry democratic votes (the only reason he'd do it), then placement away from the wall would be the efficient use of the technology and money spent, but selling it as a package deal would be difficult since there is a geographic distance involved. My only point is that putting a solar array on the wall itself would be a ridiculous waste of not only the technology but the money spent as well. That said I'm for something that's actually effective (^ see pissed off post above).

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:09 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
...the cartels you mention don't operate in this country, they operate in Mexico...

It amazes me how often your posts come-across so matter-of-factly, and are so wrong..... Mexican cartels operating in the U.S., is common knowledge, IMO----and, aside from what Jacoby mentioned about "human trafficking being an element", they also funnel guns from Guatemala through the U.S., to Mexico. How could you not know that----especially, when speaking so matter-of-factly makes it sound like you know something about it?

Here's an article discussing Mexican drug cartels, operating in the U.S.----and, there's PLENTY more articles:

http://extract.suntimes.com/extract-news/top-mexican-drug-cartels-in-united-states/

Sun Times wrote:
Mexican TCOs, also known as cartels, control drug trafficking of heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana across the Southwest border of the U.S. and throughout much of the country.

Cartels are currently working to expand their U.S. presence, particularly into the country’s heroin markets, the DEA reports.

In 2014 there were nine major cartels operating in Mexico and the United States. The Sinaloa Cartel currently dominates the largest region of influence and power among all nine.

The Sinaloa Cartel “leverages its expansive resources and dominance in Mexico” to smuggle and transport drugs throughout the U.S., according to the DEA.

The entire infrastructure for those cartels is based in Mexico, yes there are distribution elements here, but the entire infrastructure is still south of the border. Voortman cookies have several distributors in the U.S., yet they're headquarters and base of operation is Canada, thus they're a Canadian company. It's the same thing, the entire infrastructure for those cartels are based south of the border, if the that infrastructure collapses so do the extended 'offices' state side. Also, going from point A to point B without side jaunts for emotional appeals is logic, it has a habit of sounding matter of fact.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jun 2017, 11:32 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
You don't really support combating illegal immigration and would oppose any move to bring it under control, "just go after the employers" is such a meaningless cliche at this point because even that would be accused of racist. That's exactly what Sheriff Joe was doing with raids on day-laborers, how can you go after illegal labor without being accused of racism? You should just be honest and say you support open borders, try to defend that position rather than lie and pretend to be reasonable so not to be totally disqualified from the discussion. Bleeding hearts think it's cruel to deport people or stop them from every coming, that every peasant from around the world has a right to the American welfare state but you're wrong and leading the country to ruin.

First: what do you think happens when there's a wall? People find a way around it, through the Gulf, the Atlantic, the Pacific, Canada, or just dig under the wall, like they're already doing. A wall does nothing to stop the raw economics of the matter, which drive people to come here. A wall didn't stop the Celts from eventually running over the Romans in the British Isles, it didn't stop Kublai Kahn and his Mongol horde from eventually conquering China, it didn't stop the Trojans from being conquered by the Mycenaeans, nor the Persians from entering Greece through Thermopylae, and if you want to go biblical it didn't stop Jericho from being overran-- and it won't stop immigration here. "Great walls" have a dismal success rate. That's why taking the jobs away is key, it cuts right into the economics of the matter: no demand, no immigrants, as easy as that.

Second: you know nothing about me, I work in agriculture, on a medium size plot that produces hydroponic tomatoes and peppers. I probably have 10x the vested interest in seeing illegal immigration stopped than you do asshat. That's why I care about solutions that actually work, not meaningless symbols that just make people 'feel' better about the situation. Do you even work? Or are you one those millennial snowflakes that still lives with mom and dad with no world experience that just happens to think they know it all? Because you certainly sound like it. I work, and I work f*****g hard for a payday that gets smaller and smaller each season because of this very issue.

That said the racist tactics your Sheriff Joe used (just stop every Mexican you see and deport) are not the answer. Why? Because I live in an area with a large hispanic population, and they were here well before white people were-- as is your area (we only live about 300 miles apart as the crow flies). I went to school with them, I grew up with them, and they're completely 'Americanized' and you know who hates illegal immigrants more than anyone? Those hispanics that have been in the Southwest for literally 300 years. They hate it, they hate people speaking Spanish to them because most don't know it, they hate going into jobs and automatically getting offered less because it's 'assumed' they're illegal, they hate Cinco D'Mayo because they were never Mexican to begin with and they don't like the baggage that comes with it, and they hate having 150 years of progress working towards respect in American culture just flushed down the drain by people they don't even see related to them. My next door neighbor growing up, who was the closest thing I've had to a brother, voted for Pat Buchanon in the 2000 election precisely because of this issue and a large part of his family did as well. Flash forward 15 years and Kenny (with a Hispanic name like that you can just tell he's not 'integrated' huh?) won't vote that side again due to the increase in racial profiling that affects him and his family due to the policies your side advocates for. It's a shame, I don't agree with Republicans on much, but this is one issue you're correct on and you guys completely bungle it up by false assumptions (paragraph above) and a healthy dose of racial tension thrown into the mix, which turns off what would be a core support group to get this issue over the top: generations old Americans that just happen to have hispanic descent.

So I say, build your wall, see what good it does for you except raise your parent's taxes, it's actually one of the least dangerous things Trump's proposed, but don't think for a minute it's going to have an impact on people actually gaining access to this country. They're here for the economics, end of story, as long as employers are allowed to hire with no repercussions there's nothing stopping illegals from doing everything possible to get here because there's a demand for them.

Okay thanks for condescension Greek statue that makes you look so smart, I should of known better to speak out of turn to an intellectual like you. :roll: I'm not sure what the point of most of your post is other than to get your little jibe in at me but you're just wrong about walls not working(Hungary's border barrier essentially ended their migrant problem, this was built in short order in 2015) and I think it is worth building the wall for what it will do not everything that it can't. You being so 'vested' in the issue doesn't impress me, what Republicans have proposed as far as immigration is concerned is not racist in any way so you are truly brainwashed by political correctness if that is the reason you vote against your self interest.

I live here, I know very well that many Americans of Mexican descent are some of the most ardently anti-illegal immigration around and plenty of them still support Trump and supported Arpaio. There are 11-30 million illegal immigrants in this country, go after the employers is such cliched meaningless deflection from this harrowing fact which I don't even oppose but what do you think can actually be done against them? "Total devaluation" of every company the utilizes illegal labor is a far more unrealistic and emotional response than building the wall(which again, has it own purpose) The elephant in the room is and always will be the 11 to 30 million illegal immigrants in the country, the 'mainstream' right/left in this country(and the big business interests they represent) want give them all amnesty and have open borders essentially declaring it a non-issue that's in the self-interests of yourself or any poor or working class individual in this country. What do you think about ending 'jus soli', this birthright citizenship that most of the planet doesn't partake in. You should at least have to be in this country legally on some sort of permanent status to be given such a privilege not just anybody that is able to waddle across the border & have a child.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jun 2017, 11:57 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Sun Times wrote:

The entire infrastructure for those cartels is based in Mexico, yes there are distribution elements here, but the entire infrastructure is still south of the border. Voortman cookies have several distributors in the U.S., yet they're headquarters and base of operation is Canada, thus they're a Canadian company. It's the same thing, the entire infrastructure for those cartels are based south of the border, if the that infrastructure collapses so do the extended 'offices' state side. Also, going from point A to point B without side jaunts for emotional appeals is logic, it has a habit of sounding matter of fact.

How do you have any idea of how any of these cartels are structured and do you think these 'distribution networks' are friendly guys? Completely ignores the human trafficking and as well weapons smuggling into Mexico, cutting off this path of entry would save many lives. These aren't crafty business-minded libertarians who don't believe in drug laws, these are straight up gangsters of the most brutal order. There is cartel activity in the United States, that is absolute fact.

If it was shut down would it be redirected somewhere else? Probably but we don't have to aim for perfection, the whole reason these Mexican cartels are so powerful are because the other points of access and previous criminal organizations were shut down. It would be better to have powerful cartels in places other than Mexico for the security and stability of both our countries. I want to legalize drugs too but that is something that will likely have to come incrementally, believe me I've been arguing for this for years now but if you're being realistic the chances of the US legalizing all drugs anytime soon is slim to none. I 100% agree lets stop treating marijuana like any more of a drug than alcohol, ironically there is kind of an unintended consequence tho in Mexico from marijuana legalization(and domestication) in that now a lot of these poor marijuana farmers from the south of Mexico are now growing poppy instead to make a profit.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 4:44 pm

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:01 pm

A solid wall across the border would prevent movement of wildlife species that move across that area, I wonder how that might effect the ecosystem...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:30 pm

SH90 wrote:

Wouldn't work.

The US-Mexican border runs east-west. If it were the old Berlin Wall, which ran north-to-south, then the east side would catch the morning sun, and the west side would catch the afternoon sun. But this wall wouldn't directly face the sun any time of day.

But maybe they could build an electronic "virtual wall" of electronic sensors, and electric fences that could be powered on the spot by solar panels. And you could purposely over build the solar panels (which would actually be arranged perpendicular to the border and upward so they could catch the sun) so they could generate surplus power that could be sold back to the grid to help compensate the tax payer.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
A solid wall across the border would prevent movement of wildlife species that move across that area, I wonder how that might effect the ecosystem...

Good question.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 1:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Trump's sons might have a "humane" solution for the critters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ani ... 50602c72e7

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 1:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 7:47 am

SH90 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

THAT'S the spirit! :D

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzRAjW6KO0

Seriously, though --
I feel that, as a crony capitalist, he is more interested in labyrinthine makework, than dirt-simple solutions. Border control doesn't require any Rube Goldberg devices, or circuitous, legal reasoning, so much as a straight line.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 7:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well based on that I hope they get ripped to shreds by an animal someday...can't help it.