Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 8:31 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Enough, already. Can we agree that since it's known that the Russians deployed thousands of hired trolls, that some of their tactics succeeded and spread like memes? That seems plausible.

It seems more plausible that most of it is highly exaggerated paranoia, lunacy and pure bullcrap put out by a segment of society who have collectively been acting completely bonkers since November. Look at the source and look at their recent behavior to assess the level of credibility. They might as well just go full on bananas and progress from Russians to Reptilians.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 8:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Enough, already. Can we agree that since it's known that the Russians deployed thousands of hired trolls, that some of their tactics succeeded and spread like memes? That seems plausible.

It seems more plausible that most of it is highly exaggerated paranoia, lunacy and pure bullcrap put out by a segment of society who have collectively been acting completely bonkers since November. Look at the source and look at their recent behavior to assess the level of credibility. They might as well just go full on bananas and progress from Russians to Reptilians.

Your argument is "it's all your fault"?

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2017, 9:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sure sure, Russian spies are planted on obscure forums as kids so they can pretend to be adults in their 20's a decade later. It's all part of Plan 9 from Russia.

Like I said your posts regarding this matter have set the bar regarding your level of credibility.

Thank you. That is one possibility. The Russians have been very patient in building this force. Their first big target was Ukraine. Their next grand success was the American election.

Of course, the actual identity of the person in question is anyone's guess at this point. He or she could be a part of the Fifth Column.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 10:26 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Sure sure, Russian spies are planted on obscure forums as kids so they can pretend to be adults in their 20's a decade later. It's all part of Plan 9 from Russia.

Like I said your posts regarding this matter have set the bar regarding your level of credibility.

Thank you. That is one possibility. The Russians have been very patient in building this force. Their first big target was Ukraine. Their next grand success was the American election.

Of course, the actual identity of the person in question is anyone's guess at this point. He or she could be a part of the Fifth Column

Or it could be a lot of foolish nonsense that I've had fun with but given more mileage than it deserves.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 10:30 pm

StinkyDog wrote:

It seems appropriate for the the left to use silly comedians and laughtracks representing their take on things. Too bad they don't seem to see the irony of it.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 7:42 am

That cabinet meeting was embarrassing for everyone involved. I think Mattis was the only one who didn't personally thank Trump for his greatness.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 9:46 am

androbot01 wrote:
That cabinet meeting was embarrassing for everyone involved. I think Mattis was the only one who didn't personally thank Trump for his greatness.

He refused to play in their little staged scene.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 6:03 pm

EzraS wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:

It seems appropriate for the the left to use silly comedians and laughtracks representing their take on things. Too bad they don't seem to see the irony of it.

Late Night with Seth Meyers is filmed in a big studio with a live audience in New York. Every so often the camera will pull back and you can see the people in the audience, laughing and clapping and whatnot. It's not a laugh track. People actually buy tickets to go watch shows like Late Night when they are in New York, or if they live there (most of them, like Late Night and The Tonight Show and The Daily Show are taped in the afternoon, and then aired later that night.)

Also, I'm pretty sure that StinkyDog is joking about Russian spies on WrongPlanet. I think you are taking her comments on that subject literally when she doesn't mean she actually believes that, and is just ribbing you because you are taking her so seriously. Not everyone on the left is a raving loonie conspiracy nut, but a lot of us do enjoy humour and satire. Try not to take everything you hear so literally and maybe fewer people will strike you as raving lunatics, and instead you will begin to recognize when people are using humour.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2017, 6:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
It seems appropriate for the the left to use silly comedians and laughtracks representing their take on things.

Dost thou prefer the rantings of Alexander Jones, and those of similar ilk?

Quote:
Too bad they don't seem to see the irony of it.

Canst thou explain its irony? Or, wouldst thou prefer to continue pitying us?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 7:56 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It seems appropriate for the the left to use silly comedians and laughtracks representing their take on things.

Dost thou prefer the rantings of Alexander Jones, and those of similar ilk?

No. I have never watched Alex Jones or those similar ilk. My only sources are news outlets such as Reuters, AP, NPR and PBS.

StinkyDog wrote:
Canst thou explain its irony? Or, wouldst thou prefer to continue pitying us?

I think I'd rather put puerile trolling on ignore mode.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2017, 11:15 am

EzraS wrote:

Now, if it is true that the individual in question is an American fifth-brigader, who has been submitting thousands of similar inane posts, from the age of 14, over the course of more than a decade, then it seems that WrongPlanet is beset by what is now popularly called the "Deep State" problem.

I could believe that the person making the posts was 14 years old. The diction and erudition are as one would expect. But, after a ten-year period, one would expect to observe a certain level of intellectual maturation. Not mere repetition of buzzwords that are prevalent on RT and aligned sources.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 11:46 am

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Overgeneralization

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Spotlight_fallacy

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 12:11 pm

He was accused, on general paranoia and stigma of guilt.

He was tried, on hairsplitting, legalistic technicalities.

But, he is a cold opportunist, possibly one of our own ilk.

I bet, he thought he would get a break, when making the admission of guilt, with perfect, emotional detachment.

I bet an NT person would have buckled, under pressure.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor