Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2017, 1:01 pm

Why?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 9:03 pm

I've seen people on TV like one time on Dr, Phil who are called "adult babies", who dress in adult-sized baby clothes and wear diapers and role-play where they babble and throw food around and cry. And they were always men, I've seen never women who regularly pretend to be babies, but they were the romantic interests of the adult babies pretending to be their mothers. What is up with that? 8O

But I'm pretty sure that's not what the OP means. Maybe she feels helpless and like she can't take care of herself, but in a bad way, or that other people see her that way?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

I feel like a giant baby

likewise in a way.

b/c i can't do things myself that precious lil "most people" do.

especially jobs and social interactions

last few months feel like autistic regression

do not feel like doing anything all day long

exhaustion/fatigue/tired/anemia

takes a lot of energy to talk

all i wanna do is eat and surf the internet

ain't got no job skills

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 11:10 am

I take back what I said about how I've only seen men be adult babies. Last night I saw a video of My Strange Addiction from TLC where a woman was being one.

I would much rather an adult 10-year-old, which I practically am as it is. :lol:

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've seen people on TV like one time on Dr, Phil who are called "adult babies", who dress in adult-sized baby clothes and wear diapers and role-play where they babble and throw food around and cry. And they were always men, I've seen never women who regularly pretend to be babies, but they were the romantic interests of the adult babies pretending to be their mothers. What is up with that? 8O

Adult babies tend to have more of a sexual interest in dressing up like babies than just doing it because they like it, especially the nappies part. Yes, I find it creepy too.

And there are a few female ABDLs (adult baby/diaper lovers) but yes, it's mostly men.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 8:09 am

I feel like a giant baby because I have to be looked after so much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 8:11 am

I find it ridiculous for somebody to want to be like a baby....especially the diaper part.

It's ludicrous, really.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:28 pm

I've seen those programs. They are creepy.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:06 pm

To each their own. As long as it isn't harmful to other people I don't see the problem.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

phineasjay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2021, 12:11 am

EclecticWarrior wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Adult babies tend to have more of a sexual interest in dressing up like babies than just doing it because they like it, especially the nappies part. Yes, I find it creepy too.

And there are a few female ABDLs (adult baby/diaper lovers) but yes, it's mostly men.

Actually when it comes to infantilism there are two types: paraphilic, meaning sexual and non-paraphilic or nonsexual. In a recent study (last five years) a sample size of 450 infantilists n=450, showed that about 63% or y=281, were non-paraphilic. The number one reason or r^1 for the behavior was escapism/stress relief/nurture seeking. Sexual arousal was actually r^6.

MS Forensic Psychology

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 169 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 33 of 200

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:41 am

phineasjay wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Actually when it comes to infantilism there are two types: paraphilic, meaning sexual and non-paraphilic or nonsexual. In a recent study (last five years) a sample size of 450 infantilists n=450, showed that about 63% or y=281, were non-paraphilic. The number one reason or r^1 for the behavior was escapism/stress relief/nurture seeking. Sexual arousal was actually r^6.

Instead of posting this in this thread (that died five years ago) you should post this in that current 2021 thread in the Adult section which is specifically about "the Adult Baby Phenom".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:04 am

i'm reminded of that scene from "polyester."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 5:44 am

Quote:
nstead of posting this in this thread (that died five years ago) you should post this in that current 2021 thread in the Adult section which is specifically about "the Adult Baby Phenom".

I wish I'd never started that thread though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 5:56 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
nstead of posting this in this thread (that died five years ago) you should post this in that current 2021 thread in the Adult section which is specifically about "the Adult Baby Phenom".

I wish I'd never started that thread though.

Well if it helps any, I have made plenty of posts I wish I hadn't on the interet.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 6:32 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
To each their own. As long as it isn't harmful to other people I don't see the problem.

^This is how I feel. It's not my life and not my business.