Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 2:05 pm

Doesn't surprise me... I have been giving more crap being a proud gun owner and supporter of the second amendment, then for liking men.

In my experience, liberals are full of hate.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

I will never understand how anyone can be open about supporting Trump. He is a liar and a bigot and he obviously discriminates against LGBT. You can't support Trump and support gay rights, that doesn't make any sense. That will be like me supporting KKK but yet still being a black supporter.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 6:44 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I will never understand how anyone can be open about supporting Trump. He is a liar and a bigot and he obviously discriminates against LGBT.

Sorry, I think you may have described Clinton more accurately.

League_Girl wrote:
You can't support Trump and support gay rights, that doesn't make any sense. That will be like me supporting KKK but yet still being a black supporter.

Last edited by SH90 on 16 Jun 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 6:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I will never understand how anyone can be open about supporting Trump. He is a liar and a bigot and he obviously discriminates against LGBT. You can't support Trump and support gay rights, that doesn't make any sense. That will be like me supporting KKK but yet still being a black supporter.

The thing is he's not that bad. He's not all that great either, but he's not as bad as you have been programmed to believe.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:03 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I don't think Trump himself is homophobic, but the VP, Mike Pence, clearly is. Pence supports conversion therapy and legalized discrimination (disguised as "religious freedom") when he was governor of Indiana.

Even so, LGBT rights have slowly gained support within the GOP lately. Many, such as Lindsay Graham and John Kasich, oppose the so-called "bathroom laws", and have accepted the Obergefell ruling gracefully, even though only four sitting U.S. senators supported SSM before the ruling.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:20 am

Trump is all for expanding "religious rights," in order to pay back evangelicals for their support. That means supporting Anti-LGBT legislation in red states.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:01 am

There always seems to be a roundabout way to pin something on the president.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:05 am

You really have to admire the left for their relentless commitment to democracy and tolerance of other people's opinions.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:22 am

Shrapnel wrote:
You really have to admire the left for their relentless commitment to democracy and tolerance of other people's opinions.

Are we supposed to have tolerance for intolerance? Are we supposed to support the majority voting to take rights away from an unpopular minority?

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 4:43 am

It is almost laughable what Americans call racism and oppression. Yet, so many think that conservatives pose the greatest threat and the North Koreans, Iran, Iraq and Syria are simply misunderstood.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 5:17 am

Shrapnel wrote:
It is almost laughable what Americans call racism and oppression. Yet, so many think that conservatives pose the greatest threat and the North Koreans, Iran, Iraq and Syria are simply misunderstood.

I know of no single person who thinks that the North Koreans, Iranians, and ISIS are simply misunderstood.
And no, American conservatives do not pose nearly the same threat as those foreign enemies, and I want to keep it that way. Just because you don't approve of someone's religion, race, language, sexuality, or economic standing hardly means you get to treat them as the lesser and the other, even if you have a majority vote. And that last is accomplished by speaking out against the right's bigotry.

Demonique
Raven
Raven

17 Jun 2017, 10:56 pm

"The Trump administration began removing LGBT information from WhiteHouse.gov on the day Trump took office, The Post reported. A report on the Labor Department’s website on LGBT workers rights was also removed."

In the OP article

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 11:52 pm

Demonique wrote:
"The Trump administration began removing LGBT information from WhiteHouse.gov on the day Trump took office, The Post reported. A report on the Labor Department’s website on LGBT workers rights was also removed."

In the OP article

If you mean the Washington Post, it's very unreliable. And why would LGBT workers rights need to be different from everyone else's worker rights?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 1:31 am

EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:

In the OP article

If you mean the Washington Post, it's very unreliable. And why would LGBT workers rights need to be different from everyone else's worker rights?

Same reason why the rights of black workers differ from everyone else': because they've been particularly discriminated against in a way that is worse than most other workers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 2:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Demonique wrote:

In the OP article

Same reason why the rights of black workers differ from everyone else': because they've been particularly discriminated against in a way that is worse than most other workers.

I thought it was supposed to be equal rights for all.