Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2017, 6:49 pm

SH90 wrote:
B19 wrote:
https://exposingthebiggame.wordpress.com/tag/psychopathic/
https://www.reference.com/pets-animals/ ... 12e9e84acb

In my opinion it is psychopathic behaviour, I agree with the statement "when a child kills an animal we call it.."

Do you eat meat? I hunt because I like the wild taste and simply because some meat I can't buy from the store (or afford it). It's also relaxing, being in nature. So just because I choose to work for my food once and a while, that makes me a psychopath? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

I believe they did say for sport.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
By the way: I'm not a Democrat.

Oddly, I am a registered democrat... I was a naive 18 year old who voted for Obama in 08 :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:52 pm

Hunting "for sport only," to me, is dead wrong.

True, even if a person fishing does put the fish back in the water, it is cruel to make fish "take the bait."

It's like when my brother would strangle me with a blanket, then take it off and laugh at me afterwards.

I'm a meat eater.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 6:54 pm

B19 wrote:
https://www.reference.com/pets-animals/leopards-endangered-c0596a12e9e84acb

The only leopards on the actual endangered spices list are the Amur Leopard and Snow Leopard. I think if they had killed an actual endangered spices it would have been pointed out, rather than just the general outrage over them killing animals on a safari expedition in general.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:04 pm

Nickchick wrote:
SH90 wrote:
B19 wrote:

In my opinion it is psychopathic behaviour, I agree with the statement "when a child kills an animal we call it.."

Do you eat meat? I hunt because I like the wild taste and simply because some meat I can't buy from the store (or afford it). It's also relaxing, being in nature. So just because I choose to work for my food once and a while, that makes me a psychopath? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Does it really make any difference if animals are killed for sport instead of for money? Most animals are killed to sell their meat and hides and feathers etc.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm

Nickchick wrote:
SH90 wrote:
B19 wrote:

The meat from these hunting trips is eaten at camp and the rest is consumed by local communities.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

At least "basket of deplorables" was new and eloquent enough to make a nice t-shirt. "Not even people" has been done to death in countless genocides, which DJT Jr. probably denies happened.

I eat meat, and I consider it deeply hypocritical to eat meat and criticize people who kill animals for food. I've hunted for food. Am I a psychopath for also enjoying it?

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2017, 7:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
SH90 wrote:
B19 wrote:

Does it really make any difference if animals are killed for sport instead of for money? Most animals are killed to sell their meat and hides and feathers etc.

Hides and feathers? I don't know about that. Meat is one thing though. I can understand that. I eat meat but at the same time taking a picture of your future food seems to be in bad taste. Eric Trump just seems really proud about it. If I killed a chicken to eat I wouldn't be standing there like "look" then again I don't like taking my picture anyway but still.
It'd be like taking a picture of pulling someone's plug. You know they were better off for it but you're not proud that you had to end their life. In this case you're proud of ending a creatures life to fill a basic need. We all eat whoop de doo. Am I proud of squishing a bug despite them being lower life forms? Nope they were in my space and that's all.

Personally I wouldn't see how a cheetah would taste good also then again I like bacon sundaes so idk but chickens and cows are abundant also do not seem as smart as a cheetah would be (I know you're going to come at me with an argument about mentally ret*d people but it just feels weird to me somehow)

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:13 pm

Nickchick wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Hides and feathers? I don't know about that. Meat is one thing though. I can understand that. I eat meat but at the same time taking a picture of your future food seems to be in bad taste. Eric Trump just seems really proud about it. If I killed a chicken to eat I wouldn't be standing there like "look" then again I don't like taking my picture anyway but still.
It'd be like taking a picture of pulling someone's plug. You know they were better off for it but you're not proud that you had to end their life. In this case you're proud of ending a creatures life to fill a basic need. We all eat whoop de doo. Am I proud of squishing a bug despite them being lower life forms? Nope they were in my space and that's all.

Personally I wouldn't see how a cheetah would taste good also then again I like bacon sundaes so idk but chickens and cows are abundant also do not seem as smart as a cheetah would be (I know you're going to come at me with an argument about mentally ret*d people but it just feels weird to me somehow)

Believe it or not, yes. I have had clients request plenty of exotic skins to have their private jet, boat or automobile reupholstered with.

As for cheetah meat, I never had it. But in 3rd world countries, anything is food when your hungry.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Think about the reaction should anybody tweet that "autistics aren't people."

That has been said in so many ways plenty of times. The why Eric's statement hit an immediate nerve with me.
the autism crisis science and ethics in the era of autism politics
Quote:
For example, in a recent New York Times “notable book of the year,” an internationally acclaimed psychological scientist segregated autistic people from other humans and placed them “together with robots and chimpanzees.”

Dr Gernsbacher has not named this acclaimed cognitive scientist, but he is instantly recognizable as Steven Pinker. She also provides this quote:

“it’s as if they [autistic people] do not understand or are missing a core aspect of what it is to be human”

Without peeking at the references, I have no trouble instantly attributing this one to Bryna Siegel, who has been an expert witness for the government side in more than one Canadian ABA legal battle (e.g., Wynberg and Hewko).

Dr. Gernsbacher goes on to explore of the work of Micheal Tomasello (again, not named, but unmistakable), who published two major target articles in the journal Behavioral and Brain Sciences, in 1993 then in 2005. Dr Tomasello has authored many other articles as well as a highly praised and influential book, which have in common his contention that autistics, like apes, lack the essential features defining humans as human. Here is how Dr Gernsbacher describes the 2005 BBS article:

In a more recent scholarly article, also written with the aim of delineating “the crucial difference between human cognition and that of other species,” autistic people were again segregated from other humans and placed with great apes. After acknowledging that the empirical literature demonstrates that “great apes and children with autism are clearly not blind to all aspects of intentional action,” the authors raised the bar (“understanding the intentional actions and perceptions of others is not by itself sufficient to produce humanlike social and cultural activities”), and continued to pound home their belief that autistic children do not “engage socially and culturally with others in the ways that human children do”; they do not “interact with other persons in the species-typical manner.” Their social behavior is just not human.

What Dr Gernsbacher does not point out is that the examples she provides are not exceptional. There is a list of famous scientists, currently prominent in various disciplines, who have in various ways denied that autistics are human (or even alive). In addition to Steven Pinker, Michael Tomasello, and Bryna Siegel, this list would include Peter Hobson, Fred Volkmar, Thomas Insel, V.S. Ramachandran, Ivar Lovaas, and Paul Bloom.

A lot of the anti vaxx and autism "recovery" movements is predicated on the idea that autistics might have been born fully human but our humanity has been kidnapped or damaged. The anti vaxx movement has had a lot of blowback for a lot of reasons, bad science, epidemics etc, but for implying and outright denying the existence of older autistics, not very much.

May I remind you the title of this website is also suggestive of that sentiment. No uproar whatsoever. Most everytime I have asked about the name or it has come up for discussion the offensive name has been overwhelmingly and emotionally supported.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

Only on this forum would it be controversial to say something like: "If you kill living things whose meat you don't need because ending a life gives you a thrill, you're probably a psychopath."

:lol:

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:33 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Only on this forum would it be controversial to say something like: "If you kill living things whose meat you don't need because ending a life gives you a thrill, you're probably a psychopath."

:lol:

Well those Safari Hunting trips is great for the economy and it feeds communities... I don't exactly see the problem with the legitimate ones that follow local laws.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 12:07 am

There's a difference between enjoying hunting and enjoying ending a life. Don't lump us in with people drowning kittens for a laugh. How do you feel about people who work in slaughterhouses? Are they bad people if they don't feel bad about doing their jobs? Creatures eat creatures. It's a messy, dangerous business, and I understand if you don't want to get involved in it. I find your scorn distasteful.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 5:38 pm

hunting is the most respectable way to consume meat imo. it doesn't make someone a psychopath to enjoy the hunt, rather, an animal. it's okay to admit we are animals too.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:31 pm

Nickchick wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
SH90 wrote:
B19 wrote:

Hides and feathers? I don't know about that.

I'm sure you know about leather. Feathers are used for pillows, cushions, crafts, costumes, fly fishing lures etc.