Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (here be spoilers)

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 8:34 pm

ah.....single mom waiting for the dad show up 10 years later.....sounds familiar.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 1:10 pm

I ended up watching it Wednesday night. My friends kind of mentioned that Dead Man's Chest had more of a plodding along and going nowhere part whereas it was really just something to lead up to and explain the events of this movie - I really don't know about that. If anything I thought there was a lot more campy and random stuff in this movie. Not that it was particularly bad or anything, I liked it like the rest, but the whole thing with Naomi Harris and Calypso, that seemed a little out there; didn't really like how they played that one - too easy.

*Spoiler alert*
One of my predictions did get shot down. From the beginning of Dead Man's Chest and the Elizabeth standing out in the rain at her own wedding I thought she'd be the one who ends up killing the guy from the East India Company.

Kliffhanger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2007, 3:52 pm

I just came from the theater. And I don't really know, that did I like or dislike most of the movie. I wasn't - as well as Dead Man's Chest wasn't - as good as first Pirates of the Caribbean. However, I kinda liked some of the random-stuff, like Sparrow's hallucinations at the Davy Jones' locker, but film's very, very complicated plotting was just too much for one movie. Calypso- stuff was also out there - far out there. Now, we'll just wait for the next sequel...

MagmarFire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2007, 8:37 am

This movie kicked BUTT!! ! I loved all the action, the random humor, the story, and the...well, random humor. Definitely my favorite of the series!

However, I need to say that I wasn't that thrown-off by the "complex" story that much; I know of stories MUCH more complicated than that. (For those of you who are Kingdom Hearts fans, you know what I'm talking about, especially if you skipped KH1, CoM, or both just to play KHII. :wink: )

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I will now be waiting for Square Enix to put PotC into another game. Ah, the thought of kicking the crap of Davy Jones...I deeply savor it! :D