Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

How do you people deal with family if they really don't understand you & they don't bother to learn? Families should treat you the best, only my mom was the best, my dad understood my Cerebral Pasly & Psoriasis, but my mom was SuperMom! She took me to my doctor appointments, she spend the night with me when I was in the hospital, I had so many doctor appointments before age 11. When I became an adult, she was still there for me. I miss her Sooooo Much.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 5:49 pm

I stopped meeting the family members who didn't seem to want to make an effort to understand my Asperger's. Whether it was the right decision or not, I don't know, I do know the stress of dealing with them was too much for me.

I'm sorry you lost your mother. That's hard missing someone who was always there for you.

I spoke to my doctor about how my father has been bullying me, I went into all the details, how it's been happening for years, and he wrote a letter to the housing people for me and they put me right near the top of the waiting list for an apartment. Hopefully within the next month a nice apartment will become available and I'll be the winning bidder. If I manage to get out of this house I'm going to try to stop interacting with my dad. He's never wanted to learn about Asperger's and has treated me cruelly for years. I'm thankful for the nice people in this world but the ones who don't care about me, I just hope to not have to have anything to do with them.