Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 2:18 am

I'd love to see the math.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 2:39 am

EzraS wrote:
A sadist who's committing atrocities against the planet is a typical example of gross overexaggeration.

The United States has been in power due to the lack of any western nation coming anywhere close to obtaining that level of power because of depending on the US to do lion's share of taking care of everything.

The entire EU combined probably only contributes about a tenth of what the US does financially, militarily and hands on involvement. Trump along with every other POTUS does ten times more than Merkel, Macron, Xi Jinping and especially Trudeau/Canada combined. And the threat is supposedly maybe they'll start pitching in? Good, let them. Let them save the whales for a change. I would love to see action instead of just a lot of complaints.

If that was supposed to be a response to my post, there's a handy quote button. Also, how is it an example of gross over exaggeration when that orangutan has not made one decision since he has been in power that has been positive for the environment, yet quite a few big ones that have been detrimental to our planet, all in the name of meaningless profit? I'm guessing there are at least some good points to this guy leading your country as there's no way he would have supporters otherwise, but I'm just not seeing any of them.

Your statement is the embodiment of American arrogance. I don't believe other nations asked you to drop a lot of money on your fancy armies so you can occupy places and commit atrocities to maintain your power so you can "take care of everything" according to your standards above those of every other nation. Your hands on involvement may be why your country is where it is now, but it's also why you're the most hated. It doesn't need to be that way though.

We've been your closest friends for quite some time now, and in all fairness, you've been better to us than you have been to other nations. If you're arguing that Canada has taken far too much of a hands-off approach you might be right. We've turned a blind eye to your antics for far too long, and your leader doesn't seem to see that it's actually leading you down the path to ruin. Yes, this problem clearly greatly predates your decision to leave an orangutan in charge of your country, and maybe he's merely the embodiment of that attitude of "manifest destiny" your country seems to hold onto to this day, but at least in the past most of your leaders tried to act like the US wanted to be friends with the rest of us. Well, maybe not Bush, but I think Trump is even worse in that regard.

Canada is trying to save the whales by the way, but the Trump administration is undercutting our efforts and any other environmental efforts we have made. I would very much love for our countries to take more action, and you may be right that most other world leaders don't have the stones to get things done. Trump does have the stones but he's more about undoing progress. In many regards, our hands are tied but I would love it if our leaders took more initiative. We can start by actually working together as there's very little a country like Canada can do alone, but with the help of others we can accomplish a great deal. Yes, we should "pitch in", to steer this world our way and shun your ways.

Maybe we're content with not being the most powerful nation and just prefer to live in harmony with all the others rather than being at odds with them. You may be high and mighty now, but without the support of other nations even you aren't as powerful as you may think. Besides, China's going to be the next superpower anyways and you probably just sped up that process.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 4:26 am

Quote:
Europe has been flooded with immigrants and not to be racist, but immigrants bring change. What was France 50 years ago, is not France now, for example. Perhaps the West will fizzle while totalitarian regimes find new success.

But wasn't that what your Rightists/Conservatives of the Western world have been warning you about for at least in the last decade?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 5:02 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I'd love to see the math.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 5:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
Europe has been flooded with immigrants and not to be racist, but immigrants bring change. What was France 50 years ago, is not France now, for example. Perhaps the West will fizzle while totalitarian regimes find new success.

But wasn't that what your Rightists/Conservatives of the Western world have been warning you about for at least in the last decade?

I think eventually the PC people are going to realize tolerance was overdone.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 8:47 am

Tross wrote:
...that orangutan ...

Quote:
Orangutans are the most solitary of the great apes, with social bonds occurring primarily between mothers and their dependent offspring, who stay together for the first two years. Fruit is the most important component of an orangutan's diet; however, the apes will also eat vegetation, bark, honey, insects and even bird eggs. They can live over 30 years in both the wild and captivity.

Orangutans are among the most intelligent primates; they use a variety of sophisticated tools and construct elaborate sleeping nests each night from branches and foliage. The apes have been extensively studied for their learning abilities. There may even be distinctive cultures within populations.

Wikipedia

I limit my disparaging name calling to "The Orange" (or when drinking, "The Orange Horse of the Apocalypse")

Just had to stick up for the primates.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 12:19 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Tross wrote:
...that orangutan ...

Quote:
Orangutans are the most solitary of the great apes, with social bonds occurring primarily between mothers and their dependent offspring, who stay together for the first two years. Fruit is the most important component of an orangutan's diet; however, the apes will also eat vegetation, bark, honey, insects and even bird eggs. They can live over 30 years in both the wild and captivity.

Orangutans are among the most intelligent primates; they use a variety of sophisticated tools and construct elaborate sleeping nests each night from branches and foliage. The apes have been extensively studied for their learning abilities. There may even be distinctive cultures within populations.

Wikipedia

I limit my disparaging name calling to "The Orange" (or when drinking, "The Orange Horse of the Apocalypse")

Just had to stick up for the primates.
My apologies. It seems I was actually comparing Trump to an intelligent species, and did not mean to sully their name, or imply intelligence on the part of the Oompa Loompa I was trying to insult. :lol: Perhaps you could propose a more accurate and fair comparison between Trump and an animal species? Unless of course they're all too intelligent for such a comparison to work. :P The orange is an adequate description. Are orange people protected under the multicultural act? :roll:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm

1971, eh?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadia ... ralism_Act

I like this law.

It ain't easy being green, especially next to an orange person.

Maybe Trudeau after all.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jun 2017, 6:07 pm

EzraS wrote:
The entire EU combined probably only contributes about a tenth of what the US does financially, militarily and hands on involvement.

The EU has a larger economy than the US and contributes more financially to developing nations.

In terms of military interventions, I think you'd be surprised how often European countries (particularly France) intervene in former colonial powers without American assistance.
Quote:
Trump along with every other POTUS does ten times more than Merkel, Macron, Xi Jinping and especially Trudeau/Canada combined.

That's a blatant lie.