Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2017, 4:57 pm

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there is anyone who wears coloured lenses in their glasses, or coloured lenses without other sight issues. Around two years ago I discovered that it made an enormous difference for me to wear blue sunglasses. I feel they make my depth perception and such a huge amount better. I love the idea of having glasses which can help me with depth, concentration and with headaches. However I'm aware that coloured lenses can be incredibly expensive and it would be so much better if I could somehow trial wearing blue lenses, out with wearing my sunglasses all the time (I live in rainy Scotland so wearing sunglasses is not always appropriate) I was also wondering if there are free online or app tests which show how much of a difference that coloured glasses can make which could help persuade my parents that they could help me.
Thanks for any advice or ideas

Zackis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2017, 8:42 pm

I often wear Amber lenses for the reasons you mentioned. I usually get the lenses from zenni. It's low cost I think.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 10:43 am

I wear KD's Original Biker Shades which came in many different colors.

bumbleme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2017, 1:58 am

How do you find out which colour lens is best for you?

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2017, 5:33 am

Bumbleme
I found out by accident when trying on different coloured sunglasses in a shop, I put on the blue ones and they made a dramatic change to how I saw everything. It was as if the light to dark ratio had been changed and I was seeing things in a 'normal' light.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 7:20 am

PixieXW wrote:
Bumbleme
I found out by accident when trying on different coloured sunglasses in a shop, I put on the blue ones and they made a dramatic change to how I saw everything. It was as if the light to dark ratio had been changed and I was seeing things in a 'normal' light.

This was the same for me too. I'm also partial to blue. But sometimes I'll wear amber. For outdoors I prefer either dark grey or dark green. And once in a while I'll put on red for fun because of the interesting effect.

bumbleme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2017, 10:37 am

Ah, thank you. I will try this.
I just got diagnosis today and am still starting to realise how little things about my perception that I never thought about much could be related to ASD.
I wonder if coloured lenses could help with a constant frown face. :mrgreen:

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2017, 2:42 pm

I wear amber lenses as they help to cut out the bright overhead street lighting or the laser like headlights on new cars. They help a lot and make travelling at night far more bearable.

This story is quite interesting about the amazing actor Paddy Considine and his Irlen Syndrome which he controls with coloured lenses.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/s ... s-just-ill

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 6:29 pm

My sister has dyslexia and has coloured lenses. She also avoids printing things on white paper. She uses coloured paper because it's easier for her to read. Her lecturers at Uni took a while to get used to it but they eventually did when she pointed out there were no rules about the colour of paper she could use for essays and that she could do them for discrimination if they didn't accept it.