Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 3:08 pm

Its Friday and the drunks are out they are making noise already it is 9pm I will go to bed in a couple of hours I can't have the window closed so I have to listen to it every week without fail does any of you find that irritating aghhhhh

beautifulspam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2007, 3:11 pm

That sucks man. oops gotta go time to get drunk with my alcoholic friends :lol:

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 3:11 pm

Yes, just be glad you're not on a college campus. The drunks are out every night between Wednesday and Sunday.

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2007, 3:12 pm

When I was 19, in my 2nd apartment, the dude above me would play his bass when he had chicks over, so at 1am, I would have this damn bass noise keeping me up (bass is the most annoying sound in the world to me, makes me shut down if its too loud) and then I would have to listen to 3 minutes of him "satisfying" his lady friend. Friggin hated that dude!

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 3:14 pm

i live near campus @ my uni......... the kids hit me hard this past wed night.... they were friggin loud and kept me up til 4am (i get up @ 7am and have to go TA first thing)...... it was FRIGGIN WED

was so mad and pissy all day

feel for ya

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 3:14 pm

Alright I play Keyboard really loud in my flat/apartment but everyone says that they like it

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 3:15 pm

The excess of noise is very borrowing. I am sleeping early by now, what let me vulnerable to the drunk noise... welll...

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2007, 3:15 pm

That's very annoying.. Ear plugs are quite effective and cheap though, can use those.

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 May 2007, 4:04 pm

Where I live, the biggest noise hazzle is not drunk people (which I think are often fun to observe from a safe distance), but mopeds -- two-stroke engines which get tampered with to make the mopeds go (way) faster than the permitted 30 kilometer/hour (~19 miles/hour). Last week some twat kept me awake until about 4AM with one of the noisiest specimen I've ever heard -- and I had to get up at seven... =.=

Michaelmas
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2007, 4:18 pm

I'm sorry for you all.

I'm in 7th Heaven; the family (save the little one who's fast asleep in bed) are away this bank holiday weekend; I'm in a good mood and (after a six month break - enforced because I was in too low a mood to go near it) am playing Sigur Ros's album Takk REALLY LOUD!

Self-indulgence rules!

Michaelmas

Michaelmas
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2007, 4:25 pm

Apologies for the state of exuberance, hope I'm not sounding too full of myself, but I'm also celebrating because my brother (age 46) the family's perennial bachelor,., has just announced his engagement to a girl (well, lady) from Brazil; wedding in Suffolk; but I'm planning a family do in Rio (but may not attend, I'm the only one with A S - but I can dream).

Michaelmas

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2007, 4:46 pm

I know exactly what your on about it happens in my town and it does get on my nerves especially when it wakes me up or stops me getting to sleep.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 4:50 pm

I refused to get a place in the city because I didn't want to have all that noise and drunk people in my yard puking. But even in the suburbs there'll still be people waking me up and making drunken noise. It is irritating. I'd go with the earplug suggestion. It does make it harder to hear the sounds you DO want to hear, like the alarm clock or smoke detector, though.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 7:03 pm

Of course it is!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 7:09 pm

Vegasadelphia wrote:
When I was 19, in my 2nd apartment, the dude above me would play his bass when he had chicks over, so at 1am, I would have this damn bass noise keeping me up (bass is the most annoying sound in the world to me, makes me shut down if its too loud) and then I would have to listen to 3 minutes of him "satisfying" his lady friend. Friggin hated that dude!

in my uni it was monday-saturday, six days!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 May 2007, 7:22 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Its Friday and the drunks are out they are making noise already it is 9pm I will go to bed in a couple of hours I can't have the window closed so I have to listen to it every week without fail does any of you find that irritating aghhhhh

It's Friday night before a three day weekend in my country. Memorial Day, the so called unofficial
beginning of summer. HIDE!! !! 8O 8O 8O 8O :!: :!: :!: :!: