Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Flyn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2007, 8:11 pm

i was invited to see a movie and right now im nervous about it. has this happened to anyone before?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 8:13 pm

Yeah, this used to happen to me. A lot of the time I made up an excuse and din't go.
There are other annoying things about it as well, like the people that chew really loudly there.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

25 May 2007, 8:16 pm

I get nervous about every invitation I receive, even if it's just to go hang out at a friend's house or to receive a phone call at a particular time of day. I used to make up excuses not to go quite frequently, but I'm getting better now. Probably mostly because I can't lie anymore... so any excuses have to be real. And real excuses don't always pop up when I'd like them to do so.

Movies aren't so bad though... at least you won't have to talk much. :)

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2007, 9:05 pm

I'm a big movie fan, especially as far as invites go. Very little interaction required. Also, after the movie, you both have something to talk about.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 8:01 pm

It happened to me when I was very yong, it would probably happen again if I stayed for a long time far from movies.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 8:11 pm

I rarely go to see movies in theaters. Especially on the opening night, even the opening weekend for that matter. Too many people. Something like Monday or Tuesday would probably be the ideal day of the week. Then again, that involves leaving my apartment, something I tend to do now only for trips to the grocery store, be it for food or booze or more cigs.

Aysmptotes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2007, 2:27 am

I got invited to the movies the other day by the person I don't want to be in the same room with and on top of that to a movie I never want to see because I didn't like the second one and I wasn't that into the first one anyways. And ironically the only reason I got invited was because of my backfire plan to get him to stay away from me. haha. He did that annoying "how are you?" on one of those social websites and I told him that everything is going alright and that I found out that I probably have AS. You know to make him uncomfortable and just to leave me alone. But this guy just acts all sorry and invites me to a movie. Hell, I don't want to go to a sh***y movie and pretend that I like it, and pretend that I am interested in anything he says or his life. Bleh. But at the same time I am lonely for interaction a bit. But it aways seems that it seems better in theory than in actuality so I think I will keep my distance.

But if you like the person who is inviting you, and they seem to like you enough to invite you then I think it will be alright.

The first time I got invited to a movie by a guy I decieded to put in earrings and ended up with infected ear holes for months. Haha.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2007, 2:50 am

Well if he doesn't already have a girlfriend (or boyfriend?) or something, I'd guess that he was interested. If you aren't, play... harder to get?