Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 2:48 am

Because the front page practically has none. Post happy things.

My day started at least an hour early by cberg standards & ends 2 or 3 late, so despite 5-7 hours of code review work, getting lost downtown, getting completely lost on bike, getting more lost on bikes downtown, taking a friend home from jail & nearly passing out in my car, I still found time for my favorite person in the universe. :D Neat huh?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 4:56 am

Nice gesture but this topic isn't related to love and dating.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 5:42 am

Well it's here so try & think of something?

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 7:37 am

glad to see you're feeling happy & having good times, cberg :)
^^this thread is a nice gesture so i'll try to reverberate.

i am no longer in a relationship (toxic seems like too harsh of a word but i can't think of a better one)..i've been sad and very stressed lately but i think i'm starting to feel better. the weather has been perfect for gardening and although i've had to re-start a new garden mid-season i'm confident i can make it work. i've also hooked a gig photographing an upcoming bike race and i think it will be good for me to get out and interact with people through my lens. plus free local beer and food lol, such nice sponsors

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 7:39 am

I had pizza for lunch.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 7:50 am

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 9:48 am

I'm sorry if what I said sounded wrong on Wrongplanet.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 9:55 am

The sun is shining. I met a friend and had chips for lunch. She bought me a lovely scarf. . . . .its Friday and I'm going into the forest for a long walk with my dog. As for love . . . . It's all around (NT Fluffy comment)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:40 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
I'm sorry if what I said sounded wrong on Wrongplanet.

Then what's not to be sorry about?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:46 am

seaweed wrote:
glad to see you're feeling happy & having good times, cberg :)
^^this thread is a nice gesture so i'll try to reverberate.

i am no longer in a relationship (toxic seems like too harsh of a word but i can't think of a better one)..i've been sad and very stressed lately but i think i'm starting to feel better. the weather has been perfect for gardening and although i've had to re-start a new garden mid-season i'm confident i can make it work. i've also hooked a gig photographing an upcoming bike race and i think it will be good for me to get out and interact with people through my lens. plus free local beer and food lol, such nice sponsors

I've given some actual thought to bike photography - getting pix from BMX journos is not easy, my friends' small Parrot AR drone should come in handy. Bikes clear minds really well, take some test rides if you can.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 10:03 pm

will be spending tomorrow with my family, for early father's day lunch and a walk. I miss my family, and so happy I will get to see them, very soon. this is, indeed, a nice idea for a thread.

Galymcd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2017, 11:47 pm

I really hate to be a downer but you actually have a favorite person. I don't, so its hard to relate for me. In fact, someone in my family that was close to me died last night. Its really damn hard to be optimistic when everything's going to s**t.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:58 pm

For whatever it's worth it wasn't really so long ago I felt the same way. To be honest my primary means of addressing that loss has been to fixate first on the most difficult things & do those, you can do early what others tried to help you with late.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:07 am

I hate forced positivity. But on a positive note, I have found love for suffering. Suffering pushes me forward.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:18 am

Whomever said forced?

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

cberg wrote:
I've given some actual thought to bike photography - getting pix from BMX journos is not easy, my friends' small Parrot AR drone should come in handy. Bikes clear minds really well, take some test rides if you can.

ooh that's a neat toy for subversive acts of photographic autonomy.
last time i worked a race i got permission to upload a selection of photos for anyone to have and use as they please. pitched it to pr as a social media/news outlet event awareness booster but really i'd just rather share openly whenever i can and it makes sense to.