Anyone else obsessed with 1 specific food?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 12:35 pm

Pizza ... vegan ... veggie (with cheese) ... balanced ... meat-lovers ... so many ways ... :pig:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 6:24 pm

I do have a favourite comfort food choice, which always raises my spirits on a trying day: beautiful marmalade made in Spain from Seville Oranges :) spread on buttered toast. Just seeing it in the jar can make me smile. Not an obsession though.

Unfortunately all of my favourite foods are very expensive ones 8O

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2018, 9:45 pm

I'm obsessed with Asian dishes. Korean, Japanese and Thai food.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 12:38 pm

PossiblyBisexualCanadian wrote:
When I say 1 specific food, you know what I mean :wink:. Growing up I have gone an entire week or even two weeks just eating one single food every day, for every meal. I know this is unhealthy, but I just seem to have an obsession with grilled cheese, my favourite food. If I was living alone, it would be the only food I'd eat. I think it is pretty common for autistic people to obsess over certain foods and/or have a specific small list of foods that they will eat from. There are many foods that I do not like due to the texture (jello, pudding, yoghurt, etc.) so my menu is already much smaller than the average person, which only makes this problem more pronounced. Before my special food was grilled cheese, it was green grapes. I'd eat those suckers for breakfast, lunch and dinner, my friend.

Does anyone have a really specific favourite food (mine is grilled cheese) or any stories of only eating a specific or weird food for long periods of time? Please share, I am curious to see if anyone else is like me.

Cheese is in no way unhealthy.

It has a neutral fat profile(saturated fat is a very neutral fat), and lots of good protein, magnesium and calcium.

ammeavid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2018, 11:22 am

Chinese food or pierogies for me. I could eat nothing but those two foods and never get sick of them.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 7:01 pm

YUP!

I used to luv Borito (Tortilla actually, but people often call it "Borito")

Thing is, It came down to me having one every two weeks for like almost a year. And then I got bored of the taste I guess... It's pretty healthy considering. No oil used, just chicken cooked on a plancha with magic sauce, added salads, avocado, Hummus and maybe onion (I don't like spicy). And the Tortilla wrap itself which is really thin.

Other than that I think homemade food is better overall.

whatalala
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Aug 2018, 3:35 pm

Right now I'm obsessed with Soylent :mrgreen:

Ask me about my antipsychotics

bluesky11
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2018, 11:17 am

Yes. I eat one food exclusively until one day it turns on me and I can't stand the texture/smell/taste and have to find something else to obsess over.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 9:45 pm

Pasta
Pizza
Rice
Scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 2:18 am

mine have been:

Poached eggs
Beetroot
Lemon sago pudding
Coriander pesto
Sardines
Smoked oysters
Jalapeños
Avocado
Fried cheese
Okonomiyaki

Indominus
Raven
Raven

08 Sep 2018, 10:59 pm

Hot pockets. Can't go wrong with them.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 10:37 pm

Cereal. Right now it's Weet-Bix crushed up, milk and sugar added and then microwaved for a minute. I could eat it for dinner.

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2018, 5:47 am

PossiblyBisexualCanadian wrote:
When I say 1 specific food, you know what I mean :wink:. Growing up I have gone an entire week or even two weeks just eating one single food every day, for every meal. I know this is unhealthy, but I just seem to have an obsession with grilled cheese, my favourite food. If I was living alone, it would be the only food I'd eat. I think it is pretty common for autistic people to obsess over certain foods and/or have a specific small list of foods that they will eat from. There are many foods that I do not like due to the texture (jello, pudding, yoghurt, etc.) so my menu is already much smaller than the average person, which only makes this problem more pronounced. Before my special food was grilled cheese, it was green grapes. I'd eat those suckers for breakfast, lunch and dinner, my friend.

Does anyone have a really specific favourite food (mine is grilled cheese) or any stories of only eating a specific or weird food for long periods of time? Please share, I am curious to see if anyone else is like me.

Reading this reminded me of me. I obsess over certain foods all the time, to the extent that one Christmas I wouldn't eat anything except for meatballs in gravy (my favourite food!). I grew up eating mostly bread sandwiches and tomato soup, but then one day when I tried meatballs in gravy I never looked back. That became my 'main' meal which I keep on eating.

But I'll only eat them if my mum cooks them, I'm very fussy like that sadly :roll: Quite funny my dad actually bought an entire shelf full of meatballs in gravy once, the car boot was full of them *squeal*
I still have meatballs in gravy most nearly everyday now, I have done since I was a little girl and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The only problem is I am very skinny, not bony but too thin really. But I like being thin and I'm healthy enough so I'm happy.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 4:37 pm

"obsessed" is the wrong word

"Addicted" to candy (twix, Reese's, kit Kat)

Some articles claim that, chocolate stimulates the same part of the brain, an love

:jester:

Ha.

Thus far I have given up almost all of my bad eating habits

And none of it was hard

But candy.

Struggling and want to give up

Even Clif bars were easy to give up

Just suddenly stopped eating them

Clif bars have almost as much sugar as kit Kat

Don't get it

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 4:52 pm

I just ate 250g of pasta if that answers your question. Generally 1 packet = 2 meals.
At the moment, I've got to have it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 6:53 pm

Sometimes I eat and drink the same thing every day but that's not because I'm obsessed with the food, it's because I take comfort in routine.