Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 6:15 am

I never got the whole "role play" aspect of RPGs. Never done it, never been interested in it. The problem with RPGs that you can RP (like Syrim) is that it means the story and missions have to be generic and less interesting. When your character is defined the story and missions can be a lot stronger (like Witcher). I much prefer that type of game, personally, I know some people do enjoy RP. One of the biggest things for me in the games though is the difference in generation\tech. Skyrim's loading screens can get very tedious, especially when quick travelling to your town, a few steps and your in your house...you do that a lot and it's two long loads. You then stash stuff\retrieve stuff, exit your house (load) and go to the blacksmith next door (load), sell\buy, exit blacksmith (load). By contrast Witcher 3 flows a lot better, you can enter\exit dungeons and buildings with no loading.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 3:46 pm

I have never been a fan of RPGs before, but the Witcher-series has completely changed this for me. The Witcher 3 is fantastic and is worth every cent, if you are a fan of story-driven games. The replay value due to the high amount of choices in the game is extremely high. An absolute favorite of mine!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 5:39 am

Chichikov wrote:
By contrast Witcher 3 flows a lot better, you can enter\exit dungeons and buildings with no loading.

Breath of the Wild is like that too. A lot of times, I would walk/climb/fly/horse somewhere instead of using quick travel, just because I didn't want to wait for the loading screen >_<

Too lazy to be lazy...

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2017, 6:29 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Almajo88 wrote:
Dave_T wrote:
and yet i think i enjoyed skyrim more. I don't know why.

Exposure to hype and advertising?

I don't mean to sound snarky or patronising, but Skyrim is worse in every aspect, so it's what I have to assume.

Or maybe being able to choose and create your own character, while The Witcher already has a pre-created character that you are just playing as.

I think your right, skyrim made me feel like it was my adventure, witcher i kind of felt like i was following someone else`s adventure. And the exploring in skyrim i felt to be a bit better.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 10:19 am

Witcher 3 is one of the best games I've played, with the Blood and Wine DLC being the icing on the cake. The DLC comes free with the GoTY edition.

I've played it through 2 1/2 times and enjoyed it just as much on repeat plays. The updates made to it changed the way it plays, mostly for the better, though you can opt not to have the updates.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 12:16 am

I started the witcher 2 recently, interesting stuff so far but I don't think I've quite got the hand of the combat system.