Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 11:35 pm

I forgot, until just the other day. . .

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I was teased badly by the neighbor kids and I flew into a rage and bit a hunk out of Debra Soderburg's calf. Bit through the muscle and skin and had the hunk of flesh in my mouth when I was pulled off of her. I think that was a close as I have ever came to being institutionalized as a child. I was finally hauled off to the State Mental Hospital when I was 17 for being 'obstreperous'. (Stubbornly resistant to control)

I know this is a surprise to you all. . . :roll:

Merle

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 1:20 am

8O

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 2:52 am

Good thread!

I have been told once that my comments were very "sobering". Basically someone was telling me their fantastical ideas and I just pointed out all the realistic flaws and how it couldn't work. They knew it was true, and I am sure they spent a few days afterwards just thinking "...damn, back to the drawing board."

I do not make a habit of cutting people down though. I give credit where credit is due, when something is obviously completely hair-brained I can't lie about it you know?

I do know how to insult the absolute living daylights out of people because as the others mentioned I can build up a detailed profile of their insecurities and then BAM. Like a dart on rails into the bullseye!

I know about this and realise that it is unwarranted 99% of the time, so I keep it to myself and say something more socially appropriate as much as possible. I know I have reduced my mother to tears more than once for things I said lol. However that is a different story..