White students forced to apologize for being white...

Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:23 pm

EDEN, N.C. – White privilege training in the Rockingham County school system is causing a lot of headaches.
Superintendent Rodney Shotwell told Rockingham Now the state threatened to withhold federal funding when a disproportionate number of minority students were suspended in a special exceptional children’s program in 2012 and 2013, so district leaders implemented mandatory “equity training” for school staff.

Now, some teachers are complaining that the training materials focused on white privilege and transgender issues violate their principles, while parents are speaking out about other teachers who are taking what they learned and imposing it on students.

At a May 8 school board meeting, parent Farran Wilkinson took to the podium to out one educator who recently forced white students to apologize to black students for their white privileges, according to the American Lens.

The Lens reportedly contacted parents in the school district and identified the teacher as sixth grade English teacher Tarsha Clark.
“American Lens was told by one parent that the incident was more specific than Wilkinson stated,” the news site reports.“According to that parent, Clarke forced her white students to stand in front of the class and apologize to the minority students for their ‘white privilege.’”

More: http://eagnews.org/parents-teachers-slam-nc-school-districts-mandatory-white-privilege-training/

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

I think it's quite important to acknowledge white privileges but taking it on a personal level as making people apologize is quite weird and pointless

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:44 pm

It sounds like a good way to keep racial tensions alive and kicking for future generations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

Are they friggin' nuts?

I would never apologize for being a cis-male who is white.

In many ways, I am not privileged.

In my life and experience, I've never hard anybody say that a white person should apologize for being white. This kind of stuff has just got to stop!

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:24 pm

Since Zimmerman, there have been white Latinos. So, brown people will also have to apologize for being white.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:25 pm

AFAIC this is more PC horse-hockey----and, I'm SICK of it!!

The teacher in the article is black (I found her on Facebook), and I'm thinking she's VERY lucky she teaches 6th graders, cuz a white, say, 10th-grader, might've beaten her senseless, if she tried to make them do that.

This is yet another example, IMO, of people not realizing there are degrees between 0 and 1-80----meaning, I totally understand black people wanting to push-back after so long being degraded, and so-forth; but, to do a 1-80 and treat white people as badly, is ridiculous, and solves absolutely NOTHING (two wrongs don't make a right). IMO, the pendulum has swung too far, in the other direction (meaning how fiercely some black people go after whites, now), and, IMO, in Baltimore, anyway, some white people's pendulum is startin' to swing, now (meaning, they are pushing-back, against black people); and, unfortunately, I wouldn't doubt it, if the white people won't be just as stupid (meaning, they won't do anything other than a 1-80, ALSO).

SOMEBODY'S gotta have a BRAIN (and this, so-called, "equity training" is NOT a representation of that), and learn to treat ALL people EQUALLY----you know, like, "Do unto others....."! !

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 12:17 am

This is just child abuse, and quite likely to instill a life-long fear of black people in those kids.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 1:51 am

This is what happens when SJW's get to run schools. It is not the only school run by SJW's.

Elite K-8 School teaches white kids they are born racist

Quote:
An elite Manhattan school is teaching white students as young as 6 that they’re born racist and should feel guilty benefiting from “white privilege,” while heaping praise and cupcakes on their black peers.

Administrators at the Bank Street School for Children on the Upper West Side claim it’s a novel approach to fighting discrimination, and that several other private New York schools are doing it, but even liberal parents aren’t buying it.

They complain the K-8 school of 430 kids is separating whites in classes where they’re made to feel awful about their “whiteness,” and all the “kids of color” in other rooms where they’re taught to feel proud about their race and are rewarded with treats and other privileges.

Meanwhile, white kids are herded into separate classrooms and taught to raise their “awareness of the prevalence of Whiteness and privilege,” challenge “notions of colorblindness (and) assumptions of ‘normal,’ ‘good,’ and ‘American’” and “understand and own European ancestry and see the tie to privilege.”

The same slides point out that a number of leading private schools across the country also have segregated students by “race-based affinity groups.” It lists several in New York, including Riverdale Country School, Brooklyn Friends School, The Cathedral School, The Calhoun School, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, and Little Red School House and Elisabeth Irwin High School.

‘One hundred percent of the curriculum is what whites have done to other races. They offer nothing that would balance the story.’
- Anonymous Bank Street parent
Under Bank Street’s “Racial Justice and Advocacy” curriculum, parents say, teachers push white kids to grapple with America’s history of racism. Then they indoctrinate them into thinking “systemic racism” still exists, and that they’re part of the problem and must hold themselves accountable even for acts of racism committed by others.

The program, these parents say, deliberately instills in white children a strong sense of guilt about their race. Some kids come home in tears, saying, “I’m a bad person.”

They say white kids are being brainwashed into thinking any success they achieve is unearned. Indeed, a young white girl is seen confessing on a Bank Street video: “I feel guilty for having a privilege I don’t deserve.”

The divisive program is run by Anshu Wahi, a longtime “social justice” activist who’s held the title of “director of diversity” at Bank Street since 2013. She referred questions to the school’s communications office, which did not respond to requests for comment.

Modal Trigger
A handout provided to Bank Street School parentsBank Street School
Still, Wahi’s radical beliefs come into clear view from recorded conversations with parents, as well as handouts and emails to parents. She believes the answer to racism is teaching white kids to see race in everything — a process called “white racial socialization.”

Forget teaching them to be color-blind — that’s a cop-out, she suggests, an excuse to ignore the hardships of people of color. It’s also a “tool of whiteness” to perpetuate the “oppression” of people of color, according to one paper she recommends parents read.

What believes even white babies display signs of racism
so she encourages parents to talk to their kids about race as early as kindergarten, making them hyperaware of racial differences, and even “examine your own whiteness.”

She defends segregating minority children by race by arguing they need a safe place where they can share their “ouch moments,” including subtle but offensive white comments known as “micro-aggressions.”

Bolding and underlining mine

Just as Social Justice Warriors are undoing free speech in public places they are undoing decades of efforts in blood and toil to integrate America.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 22 Jun 2017, 2:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 2:03 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Since Zimmerman, there have been white Latinos. So, brown people will also have to apologize for being white.

so, minorities will have to apologize to minorities for experiences they likely share.

k den.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Jun 2017, 4:55 am

I totally agree with EzraS: this is the best way to keep the racial tensions alive.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 5:25 am

By the same logic,

American minorities need to apologize for their part in killing and torturing millions of Muslims over the last thirty years.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 8:47 am

Leftists should apologize for being white.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 9:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Are they friggin' nuts?

I would never apologize for being a cis-male who is white.

In many ways, I am not privileged.

In my life and experience, I've never hard anybody say that a white person should apologize for being white. This kind of stuff has just got to stop!

I have written elsewhere on WrongPlanet.net that I was cleaning public toilets at and beyond 15 years of age. Does that give me a life-time pass from "apologizing" and obsessing about my whitie-white, whiteness? This "teacher" scum needs to be made into an example for others who think this is, in any way, American. F**king idiots. If they want to live in totalitarian regimes like, say, Dennis Rodman, let them fly to North Korea for tea. They'll never get out of there, of course, but they will learn to love their dear leader.

Seriously, between the BABA JI s**tstorms and the SJW wannabes, I am near to the point of jumping this ship.

Is THIS what WrongPlanet.net was created, designed and hoped for all those years ago?!?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Last edited by AspieUtah on 22 Jun 2017, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 9:10 am

But, you're white and indignant. That's like royalty.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 9:11 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
But, you're white and indignant. That's like royalty.

I am uppity, too.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 9:15 am

Work ethic and a cross. Is that the kind of America we want?