White students forced to apologize for being white...

Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
...you people are too easy.

Not at all. What any fakery shows is that we care about such actions regardless of whether they are real or faked. In this way, our truths persevered, if not the facts. What it shows is that, apart from any fakers, our beliefs remained steadfast in this or similar situations. I can't see this in any other way but good. Cheer for our "stupidity" if you choose, but we remain correct about how humans should treat each other.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:23 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
If this actually happened, it would be outrageous. But it didn't. This is fake news and you are all fools. eagnews.org is anti-public ed propaganda written by a Glenn Beck ghost writer and politifact only has a single rating for the site, but it is "pants on fire."
http://eagnews.org/about/ http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... ion-group/

Nice try... :roll: you people are too easy.

Neither of these two links, of yours, PROVES that the story / link, in the OP, is "fake news"----please point to where, in your 2 links, that it says: "We lied about what happened, in N.C."! ! One of the links, tells about who the people are, at that website----again, where does it say: "We are liars"-----and, the other one is a website's OPINION that they are "pants-on-fire". NOW, who's post is foolish?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:29 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
get your kids out of the public school system ASAP

Or change how public schools are set up, as in make them better.

You are but one person, if you have a kid then I think it's best that you don't try any grand social experiments on them and yourself be the primary educator of your child which isn't as daunting as a task as some people make it out to be. I honestly wish I never went to school, I don't think it taught me anything good that I wouldn't of learned somewhere else. People aren't going to be drooling idiots if they don't spend 8 hours a day 5 days week at school, I think that along with the grading system are an outdated oppressive model. We do education so wrong in this country that I think nothing short of revolutionary change could really fix things.

I hated school to...but not everyone can afford private schools nor does everyone have the ability to home-school. I have heard of online school like just doing the work online but not having to physically go to school, that seems kind of cool. But I don't know maybe if school was different it wouldn't have been so bad...it may need revolutionary change.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:38 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
I have written elsewhere on WrongPlanet.net that I was cleaning public toilets at and beyond 15 years of age. Does that give me a life-time pass from "apologizing" and obsessing about my whitie-white, whiteness? This "teacher" scum needs to be made into an example for others who think this is, in any way, American. F**king idiots. If they want to live in totalitarian regimes like, say, Dennis Rodman, let them fly to North Korea for tea. They'll never get out of there, of course, but they will learn to love their dear leader.

Seriously, between the BABA JI s**tstorms and the SJW wannabes, I am near to the point of jumping this ship.

Is THIS what WrongPlanet.net was created, designed and hoped for all those years ago?!?

calm the f**k down...

Don't tell him to calm-down----how do YOU like it, when it breaks your heart, when somebody does something you feel is an atrocity, to somebody else; do you not, often, start threads, expressing that exact same thing (that somebody has been done, wrong)? It never ceases to amaze how some passionate people, on here, won't allow for someone ELSE'S passion, but expect it, for THEMSELVES.

I disagree with the apology thing to...not sure why its necessary to rant and rave about leaving W.P over it. If I started calling people here wannabe Alt-righters and threatened to leave over a topic like this I'd say it would be fair for someone to tell me to calm down. But they don't have to if they don't want I suppose.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:53 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yes but apologizing for wrongs you didn't commit never really makes sense and what does it do exactly...how does that work towards a solution. .

In Australia (apart from the right wing fringe) most Aussies felt it was probably the right thing to do. We have as a nation moved on from the past and this step was mean't to allow the government (representing the people) to acknowledge and apologise for previous generations who had committed an act of genocide on the indigenous population. In a less direct way it also reduces litigation from existing claims for compensation for past deeds.

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean how did the aboriginals feel about it? It seems like no one ever mentions how the people being apologized to feel about it, if they think it helps or if they'd prefer other approaches to acknowledge the past.

I tutor indigenous youth who in the state of Victoria are actually well integrated and (perhaps unlike African Americans and native Americans) are actually ethnically indistinguishable from mainstream Aussies (from years of intermarriage). It's an interesting perspective having a blue eyed blonde haired student expressing her pride in her tribal indigenous culture and refer to herself as an aboriginal. The general consensus from my students is the "apology" was a good thing but of course more should be done.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:55 pm

Are there any non-biased sources for this story? The link provided just looks like a fake news site anyone could have made. Is there confirmation of this happening from an organization like the Associated Press or Reuters or something that I can recognise as a legitimate news source? That's what I'd like to know, before I decide how I feel about this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 6:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Yes but apologizing for wrongs you didn't commit never really makes sense and what does it do exactly...how does that work towards a solution. .

In Australia (apart from the right wing fringe) most Aussies felt it was probably the right thing to do. We have as a nation moved on from the past and this step was mean't to allow the government (representing the people) to acknowledge and apologise for previous generations who had committed an act of genocide on the indigenous population. In a less direct way it also reduces litigation from existing claims for compensation for past deeds.

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean how did the aboriginals feel about it? It seems like no one ever mentions how the people being apologized to feel about it, if they think it helps or if they'd prefer other approaches to acknowledge the past.

I tutor indigenous youth who in the state of Victoria are actually well integrated and (perhaps unlike African Americans and native Americans) are actually ethnically indistinguishable from mainstream Aussies (from years of intermarriage). It's an interesting perspective having a blue eyed blonde haired student expressing her pride in her tribal indigenous culture and refer to herself as an aboriginal. The general consensus from my students is the "apology" was a good thing but of course more should be done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Aboriginal children were very often were blond, but became dark haired in adult years.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 6:01 pm

I didn't see the later posts before I posted my response to the OP above, but now that I have I see that others have pointed out how fake the source of this story appears to be, and the suspicious lack of coverage from any legitimate news sources that I can find. Is posting fake news stories and representing them as truth against the rules of this forum or is is allowed? I'm curious what the site's policies are around "fake news".

It seems to be a common sort of post from the OP. OP, I would suggest you critically examine your news sources and test their legitimacy, for your own sake.

Last edited by karathraceandherspecialdestiny on 23 Jun 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 6:01 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
What this despicable teacher did, was nothing more than taking an opportunity to put white people down / punish white people, so she could finally get her digs, in, and to feel better about herself!! It's not MY (or their) responsibility to have to / try to make anybody feel better, about themselves----they have to find that, within!![/b][/color]

I think we can agree the teacher overstepped her responsibility. What is critical is that she probably did not explain what the students were apologising for and why/whether it was necessary or the implications. Sometimes activists get overenthusiastic without consideration for their actions.

If "some" of the white students in her class did feel confused or distressed by her actions then yes she should be held responsible. However I has any legal action taken place? I suspect nobody was actually hurt from this exercise.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Aboriginal children were very often were blond, but became dark haired in adult years.

Yes that's true, especially for genetically purer indigenous people from central Australia. I'm not sure if you have heard of the "stolen generation" where state governments in Australia actively took away young mixed race kids from their parents and placed them in white homes. The plan was to breed out the original aboriginals (effectively genocide). In states like Tasmania and Victoria (where I live) the policy worked so the aboriginal population is virtually white.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How's your daughter doing, Cyberdad?

She's fine and thanks for asking Kraftie

We are currently in a major dilemma over choosing public schooling, there's recently national debate in our country about autistic kids taking up too time from teachers and being removed from mainstream schools
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-23/k ... ts/8643962

I feel concern for my daughter entering highschool next year and the likely reactions from parents/kids at her being in a classroom.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 7:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes that's true, especially for genetically purer indigenous people from central Australia. I'm not sure if you have heard of the "stolen generation" where state governments in Australia actively took away young mixed race kids from their parents and placed them in white homes. The plan was to breed out the original aboriginals (effectively genocide). In states like Tasmania and Victoria (where I live) the policy worked so the aboriginal population is virtually white.

Yes, I have heard about that unfortunate practice. The same had been done with Native American children, but in a more limited scope. They had been sent to the homes of whites, and usually used as domestic servants.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 8:16 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Umm according to the transcript they were apologizing for receiving white privilege rather than being white Having said that the teacher was perhaps overeaching her jurisdiction

Some black people are extremely hard on their own kind----for instance, when a black person succeeds (ie, in show business, goes to college, is able to buy a house / car)----and, IMO, they are hard on them, because when ANY of them succeed, they (the ones being hard) know it makes it that much more difficult for somebody to believe them, when they're cryin' "Oh, woe is me----I don't have...", or "I can't have...", or "I can't do, cuz the white man keeps holdin' me down". Black people have EVERY opportunity in this country, that white people do----and, if you don't believe that, then tell me how there could've been an Oprah, Tyler Perry, Chris Rock; or, inventors Benjamin Banneker, Patricia Bath, Sarah Boone; or, scientists like Neil DeGrasse Tyson; and, the list goes on-and-on.

If you did not specifically mention blacks I would have thought you were talking about about autistics. How many times here and elsewhere have successful autistics been invalidated as not having "real autism"?

I will somewhat disagree with you on one point. Nobody has "every" opportunity to succeed and most everybody has unfair obstacles in thier paths. Blacks in general have somewhat less opportunities than whites in general and Autistics in general have sunstaintially less opportunities and unfair obsticles compared with NT's than blacks via whites. That said noboby should have to apologize for anything they did not do or feel guilty about privileges they may or may not have due to the groups they wore born into.

Ascribing a trait to a person because of thier group is bigotry, ascribing a trait to person a because of thier race is racism. This does not and will not change no matter how much SJW's succeed in changing definitions.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm

that's horrible. those poor students. now they know how it feels to have been a slave or to have your brother shot mostly because of the color of his skin. being able to complain about this is an example of privilege. no one should have to apologize for their race, but as things go this is not very important. I have noticed a theme to your threads. you seem to be race-baiting.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 9:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Sweetleaf wrote:

Well that seems more like a day of acknowledgement, rather than taking individual white people and forcing them to apologize to individual aborigines...it is the latter I find problematic because I think the awkwardness that would exist for everyone involved would defeat the purpose of any potential benefit.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 9:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, I have heard about that unfortunate practice. The same had been done with Native American children, but in a more limited scope. They had been sent to the homes of whites, and usually used as domestic servants.

If I remember right they also had boarding schools they would send the native american children to, essentially to try and beat the native out of them. Then from there I imagine they were sent to the white homes to be servants.