Gay white men are not allowed to have a racial preference.

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:02 pm

Marknis wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Not upset. Not telling you what to believe. I just can't comprehend you failing to see your place in the land of discrimination. Seems weird.

But, you largely misconstrued my position, so it seems likely that you do the same to other people.

Not buying it. You sound upset that I am not walking in lockstep with you and you need to get over it. Most people in the Bible Belt don't even know what the autism spectrum is, let alone Aspergers. They just think I am "different" and that's it. Liberals, on the other hand, think I am smashing women apart with my genitals, getting promoted to manager at my job, and living in a mansion based solely on how I look.

This habit of insisting that you know other people better than they know themselves probably causes most of the issues that bother you. Also, your insistence that you know people's thoughts, and those thoughts sounding completely insane, probably bothers more than just me. I never once thought about what you do with your junk before you mentioned it, and now I wish I never had.

ETA: Would you rock all your aspirations if you had more privilege?

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:10 pm

Marknis wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Not upset. Not telling you what to believe. I just can't comprehend you failing to see your place in the land of discrimination. Seems weird.

But, you largely misconstrued my position, so it seems likely that you do the same to other people.

Not buying it. You sound upset that I am not walking in lockstep with you and you need to get over it. Most people in the Bible Belt don't even know what the autism spectrum is, let alone Aspergers. They just think I am "different" and that's it. Liberals, on the other hand, think I am smashing women apart with my genitals, getting promoted to manager at my job, and living in a mansion based solely on how I look.

Liberals are actually aware of the existence of people with disabilities and the neuro-divergent, and that some of those people can be white males. Some liberals are actually disabled or neuro-divergent themselves, if you can believe that. I would even bet you there are some liberals here on this very site who are neuro-divergent, liberal, white, and male, all at the same time! And I bet that most, if not all, of them, think nothing like what you describe here. You've set up a straw man, gotten angry at him for things you imagine he's thinking about you, and now you're tilting at him like he's a windmill and you're Don Quixote.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The question is, would Romney have offered to pay this woman's bill if he hadn't been running for President?

That's one question. The answer is no.

Kraichgauer wrote:
I can see the reason why people would be skeptical, or even contemptuous for that stunt Romney had tried pulling.

It was a stunt.

In their own (apparently censored) words, they didn't want help, because help is always a stunt, without exception.

They don't want equality; they want compulsion. Their extremists have copied all the worse accusations of white power, and intend to use those same means, against white people.

Sometimes compulsion is the only way to get the high and mighty to share their wealth with those who actually earned it.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:18 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
This habit of insisting that you know other people better than they know themselves probably causes most of the issues that bother you. Also, your insistence that you know people's thoughts, and those thoughts sounding completely insane, probably bothers more than just me. I never once thought about what you do with your junk before you mentioned it, and now I wish I never had.

Wow, it's like you didn't read my posts at all. I am talking about my experiences. I have been told to "check my privelege", that I suffer from "white male tears", and that I need to kill myself. I don't know how to make it anymore clear to you but it's your fault, not mine.

I don't buy into "white male privilege" so that's a dumb question to ask me.

Last edited by Marknis on 27 Jun 2017, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:23 pm

Marknis wrote:
Liberals, on the other hand, think I am smashing women apart with my genitals, getting promoted to manager at my job, and living in a mansion based solely on how I look.

I suspect most "liberals" are too busy concerning themselves finding ways to work 9-5, paying off bills and putting a dinner on the table for their hungry kids to particularly "give a toss" if a random white guy they pass on the street is "smashing" women with their genitals or if they live in a mansion or a high flying executive.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:24 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

Liberals are actually aware of the existence of people with disabilities and the neuro-divergent, and that some of those people can be white males. Some liberals are actually disabled or neuro-divergent themselves, if you can believe that. I would even bet you there are some liberals here on this very site who are neuro-divergent, liberal, white, and male, all at the same time! And I bet that most, if not all, of them, think nothing like what you describe here. You've set up a straw man, gotten angry at him for things you imagine he's thinking about you, and now you're tilting at him like he's a windmill and you're Don Quixote.

Where did I ever deny any of that? My point was that the ones who dislike me dislike me for the wrong reasons while conservatives who call me "different" are atleast getting it right. He also seemed upset I wasn't walking in lockstep with him and was telling me I needed to change my outlook just because he says so.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:57 pm

Marknis wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Wow, it's like you didn't read my posts at all. I am talking about my experiences. I have been told to "check my privelege", that I suffer from "white male tears", and that I need to kill myself. I don't know how to make it anymore clear to you but it's your fault, not mine.

I don't buy into "white male privilege" so that's a dumb question to ask me.

Told in person? Under what circumstances?

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

Marknis wrote:

Where did I ever deny any of that? My point was that the ones who dislike me dislike me for the wrong reasons while conservatives who call me "different" are atleast getting it right. He also seemed upset I wasn't walking in lockstep with him and was telling me I needed to change my outlook just because he says so.

Maybe your perspective on why people dislike you isn't always perfectly accurate? It seems like your reaction to jrjones shows that. You talked to him like you just assumed he was thinking the same things you claim those other people who said those things to you were, when he never said those things or anything like them to you. I didn't see him telling you to kill yourself or assuming you were smashing whatever with your genitals (what a terrible way to talk about sex!) but you reacted to him like he was the one that said those things to you. This is what I mean when I say maybe your perspective on all liberals and why they may or may not like you is not always accurate. I'm a liberal and I dislike some of the things you've said, but not because I think you're smashing anyone with your genitals (???), but rather because you are trying to tell me you know how I think about you just because I'm on the liberal side of the political spectrum. There's just a lot of false assumption going on, and reacting to those assumptions rather than what people are actually saying to you here. No one here wants you to kill yourself, whether you are a white male or not.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 10:56 pm

Maybe your perspective on why people dislike you isn't always perfectly accurate? It seems like your reaction to jrjones shows that. You talked to him like you just assumed he was thinking the same things you claim those other people who said those things to you were, when he never said those things or anything like them to you. I didn't see him telling you to kill yourself or assuming you were smashing whatever with your genitals (what a terrible way to talk about sex!) but you reacted to him like he was the one that said those things to you. This is what I mean when I say maybe your perspective on all liberals and why they may or may not like you is not always accurate. I'm a liberal and I dislike some of the things you've said, but not because I think you're smashing anyone with your genitals (???), but rather because you are trying to tell me you know how I think about you just because I'm on the liberal side of the political spectrum. There's just a lot of false assumption going on, and reacting to those assumptions rather than what people are actually saying to you here. No one here wants you to kill yourself, whether you are a white male or not.

(Smashing women with my genitals: Basically telling me I am screwing women to the point I am just treating them like sex toys because I can apparently make them want to have sex with me on command, a la Donald Trump. I don't do that, by the way, and I don't advocate it either.)

I've been told by some liberals my suffering doesn't count just because I am a "white male scum" and I have "white male tears". I live in the Bible Belt and the ones who've given me the most flack for anything have been white Christians. They don't give me high fives, job promotions, college degrees, riches, and their daughters' hands in marriage. I've been told I am "different", "introverted", and "quiet". I've also had women tell me they would never date me because I am not a Christian, even though a lot of those women were open to pre-marital sex but only if the guy was a Christian.

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:18 pm

Marknis wrote:

(Smashing women with my genitals: Basically telling me I am screwing women to the point I am just treating them like sex toys because I can apparently make them want to have sex with me on command, a la Donald Trump. I don't do that, by the way, and I don't advocate it either.)

I've been told by some liberals my suffering doesn't count just because I am a "white male scum" and I have "white male tears". I live in the Bible Belt and the ones who've given me the most flack for anything have been white Christians. They don't give me high fives, job promotions, college degrees, riches, and their daughters' hands in marriage. I've been told I am "different", "introverted", and "quiet". I've also had women tell me they would never date me because I am not a Christian, even though a lot of those women were open to pre-marital sex but only if the guy was a Christian.

You're missing my point. Has anyone here said those things to you? If not, why are you talking to us like we are the same as those people, when we have not said those things? You're saying you've been told these things by "some liberals"--but those liberals aren't represented here. But you are assuming that because there are liberals on WrongPlanet, we must think the same things those other people said to you, even though we've never said those things to you. Do you see how this is a problem and might be causing people here not to like you, and not because you're a white male but because of the assumptions you are making about us that are not based on our actual words and expressed opinions?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:24 pm

I feel I must stick up for Marknis, as I know he's a good guy who's been treated badly by people on both sides of the political spectrum. I suspect he's being hard on liberals because they should know better when it comes to demonizing everyone who is male and white, even if those white men are liberals. We liberals have to understand that we are better than red neck and Alt Right conservatives, and so should act like it.

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I feel I must stick up for Marknis, as I know he's a good guy who's been treated badly by people on both sides of the political spectrum. I suspect he's being hard on liberals because they should know better when it comes to demonizing everyone who is male and white, even if those white men are liberals. We liberals have to understand that we are better than red neck and Alt Right conservatives, and so should act like it.

Once again, my point is that no one here is demonizing him for being white and male, but he's talking to us like we are anyway and then wondering why we're not fond.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:36 pm

This thread is about the whiteboy preferences of Milo (honestly who gives a toss) rather than the personal problems of Marknis

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
This thread is about the whiteboy preferences of Milo (honestly who gives a toss) rather than the personal problems of Marknis

Why are you replying if you don't "give a toss"? :?

Kraichgauer wrote:

Once again, my point is that no one here is demonizing him for being white and male, but he's talking to us like we are anyway and then wondering why we're not fond.

Thanks, Kraichgauer.

I am not wondering why no one is "fond" with me. I was telling jrjones he has no business telling me what my outlook should be just because he says so. That's how it's coming off to me. Yes, I am on the spectrum but at the end of the day, I am an individual. I also never said he or you were thinking what the ones who demonized me thought. I meant in the context of the ones who hurt me in person. The one who said she wanted to buy a mug that said "white male tears" was especially appalling and if she knew what I've had to go through for the last fifteen years of my life, her tune would change completely.

Last edited by Marknis on 28 Jun 2017, 12:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I think he's only talking about being hurt due to unfair demonization, rather than accusing anyone here on WP of doing that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:51 pm

Marknis wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Why are you replying if you don't "give a toss"? :?

Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks, Kraichgauer.

I am not wondering why no one is "fond" with me. I was telling jrjones he has no business telling me what my outlook should be just because he says so. That's how it's coming off to me. Yes, I am on the spectrum but at the end of the day, I am an individual.

Anytime. :D
But I should tell you, the people here are actually pretty decent. I think it's more a matter of a misunderstanding that's at the root of the argument between you and them. Any of them - or all of them - could be your friends. Everyone concerned should take a breather, because I know you and they are basically on the same side.