Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

squeeker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2007, 10:56 pm

I like Harry Potter as well. I'm really excited for the 5th movie, as well as the final book. My favourite character is probably Luna.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 4:21 am

Ehehehehe.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 4:30 am

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 12:22 pm

I just found these:

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 12:40 pm

Those are cool... not seen them before.
Here is my Hp prized possession anyway.

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2007, 2:32 pm

janicka wrote:
Spot: That explanation of the thestals doesn't make sense to me, because some of the other kids saw them as a result of having their parents killed in front of them by Voldemort. Luna was one of them, as I recall.

Yes, but they were old enough to know what was going on when their parents died in front of them. Harry was a year old and all he remembers is a green light. You have to be old enough to understand and except that someone is dieing in front of you. I think it's the acceptance of death (kind of a rite of passage type of thing) that makes you see them.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 2:38 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Those are cool... not seen them before.
Here is my Hp prized possession anyway.

That's awesome.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 2:50 pm

I used to be pretty much obsessed with Harry Potter. I read the books, played the video games, and watched the movies...many times. I'm not so much obsessed anymore but I still can't wait for the next movie and for the final book. I really wish she would continue the series but I'm pretty sure the 7th will be the last book in the series :(

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 5:48 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I love the Harry Potter books, but I only like the first and second movies. My favourite characters are Snape and Sirius.

I don't think Harry is a horcrux, neither do I think it's something that belongs to Ravenclaw and stuff. I don't really know what it is, but I don't think they're these two because stuff in HP books rarely come out as expected.

I really need to re-read.
Are there 6 or 7 horcruxes?
I forgot.

7. Seven is the most powerful number. ^-^

I like Harry Potter books, but not the movies as much. My favorite character was Sirius, but given what happened, I guess my next favorite character is Lupin. I like Snape too, although to a lesser extent. I can't decide if he's really evil or not.

Three years!

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 5:56 pm

RainSong wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I love the Harry Potter books, but I only like the first and second movies. My favourite characters are Snape and Sirius.

I don't think Harry is a horcrux, neither do I think it's something that belongs to Ravenclaw and stuff. I don't really know what it is, but I don't think they're these two because stuff in HP books rarely come out as expected.

I forgot.

I like Harry Potter books, but not the movies as much. My favorite character was Sirius, but given what happened, I guess my next favorite character is Lupin. I like Snape too, although to a lesser extent. I can't decide if he's really evil or not.

Actually there are six horcruxes. Remember that a piece of Voldemort's soul needs to stay in his body. There are seven fragments of soul: the six horcruxes, and Voldemort himself.

Can't wait for book seven! Bring it on!

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 6:02 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
RainSong wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

I forgot.

Actually there are six horcruxes. Remember that a piece of Voldemort's soul needs to stay in his body. There are seven fragments of soul: the six horcruxes, and Voldemort himself.

Can't wait for book seven! Bring it on!

Ah right. I was counting his body as another horcruxe.

Three years!

Michaelmas
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2007, 6:47 pm

No; I read the first book but didn't get into it. I was reading the Discworld books (got to the 15th book before the funding ran dry - I invariably read series in chronological order) at the same time, and Harry didn't work. Maybe another time.

Michaelmas

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 10:35 am

I just found out yesterday that my orchestra will be playing the Harry Potter Orchestral Suite (a compilation from the movie score) in our next pops concert :D

Zhaozhou
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2007, 11:02 am

Am I the only one whose favourite character was Dumbledore? :(

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 11:47 am

Zhaozhou wrote:
Am I the only one whose favourite character was Dumbledore? :(

I quite like him... I roleplayed him well, lol.