Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 1:16 pm

Just a thought when I was getting a take away ealier and whilst someone sitting next to me was whistling Christmas Song in May which was annoying

Have you ever thought of meeting yourself but without AS of some kind and see what you are like and compare the differences

I know I proberbly don't make sense at all it's just the way I'm typing it sometimes when I talk to people it comes out like that

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 1:38 pm

that would be cool
I could ask him what my life would have been like without it

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:17 pm

I've never thought about it before... But it sure sounds interesting.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:22 pm

I probably wouldn't be much different.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:24 pm

I'd take myself out for ice cream.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

28 May 2007, 3:25 pm

i always fantasize i have a twin brother, we go out regularly :D

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:26 pm

yeah id likely tell him to f off.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:31 pm

I have a twin and she's NT so I guess that's my answer.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:42 pm

Sounds interesting - and a little scary!

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:56 pm

Starbuline wrote:
I have a twin and she's NT so I guess that's my answer.

Are you and she monozygotic? If so, how different are you from one another, etc...?

I'm just REALLY curious.

Steve

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 4:17 pm

SteveK, I do not usually tell anyone, but......My father died when I turned 12 after a serious 4 year illness (osteo sarcoma). I had older parents of European descent, btw. My father was neurotypical; a successful charismatic man with kindness (he understood me and was probably more kind than anyone to me ever). His only brother, 6 yrs older, was profoundly autistic, entirely mute, and institutionalized his entire life. My father and his brother looked like identical twins. And, I look like the very feminine form of my father - same coloring (dark blond hair, green eyes, pale/yellowish skin, other features, etc.). When my father referred to his brother, which was rarely, he was the Doppelganger (= the other side; two halves to the whole). They had the same first name. I met the Doppelganger. To me, an autistic child, I was massively confused: Computational Error....I "made the switch" somehow and thought the Doppelganger was my father (by definition, one in the same, two halves to the whole). So confusing......especially after my father was dead and I visited the institution.

Maybe this was too revealing - I still struggle with this. Which is which?

Voodoo
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2007, 4:31 pm

Yeah if I had an NT replica of myself I wonder how much our interests, views on life and lifestyles in general would vary. If you ask me that's kinda spooky to think about how different I may have been if I did not have Aspergers.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2007, 5:38 pm

Sounds interesting

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 7:19 pm

LabPet wrote:
SteveK, I do not usually tell anyone, but......My father died when I turned 12 after a serious 4 year illness (osteo sarcoma). I had older parents of European descent, btw. My father was neurotypical; a successful charismatic man with kindness (he understood me and was probably more kind than anyone to me ever). His only brother, 6 yrs older, was profoundly autistic, entirely mute, and institutionalized his entire life. My father and his brother looked like identical twins. And, I look like the very feminine form of my father - same coloring (dark blond hair, green eyes, pale/yellowish skin, other features, etc.). When my father referred to his brother, which was rarely, he was the Doppelganger (= the other side; two halves to the whole). They had the same first name. I met the Doppelganger. To me, an autistic child, I was massively confused: Computational Error....I "made the switch" somehow and thought the Doppelganger was my father (by definition, one in the same, two halves to the whole). So confusing......especially after my father was dead and I visited the institution.

Maybe this was too revealing - I still struggle with this. Which is which?

Well Doppelganger IS a german word meaning duplicate. Still, unless they were IVF, they weren't monozygotic.

Steve

squier
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 7:57 pm

I think that meeting myself as an NT would be scary, I think some of my best atributes are BECAUSE i have AS, and I would most likely be a boring kid with no life, because i would have nothing important to do, no wrongplanet, no books written by me, no drawing ability, no me...

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 8:34 pm

I don't want to speculate on that. I would hope that I had the same academic abilities, but wouldn't have been as nervous. Maybe I would have accomplished much more with my life.