29 May 2007, 3:35 am

I have tip-top self control :D .

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2007, 2:28 pm

Mushroom wrote:
It depends.

On emotions, especially extreme ones, I have no self control. On other things, I have a moderate to high amount. I once decided to test myself so I ate and drank nothing but water for a week... and succeeded.

I did that once too, when I was a teenager. I made a promise to myself that I would only drink water for one month. Since the shortest month is 28 days, I went with that. Most people don't believe me when I say that I didn't eat one morsel of food for 28 days. After the first several days, the hunger went away and was replaced by ringing in my ears. The ringing was so bad by the 28th day that I had a difficult time hearing. I never fainted, but I got very sick when I finally drank a V8 juice on the 29th day. It took me a while to keep down food. The sad thing was that my parents didn't even notice. They also didn't believe me when I told them, after I started eating again. It wasn't like we had the kind of house where we sat down for dinner or anything. If we were hungry, then we made ourselves some Hamburger Helper or a frozen pizza, if we even had any in the house. If not, then we had toast or cereal. Not eating for 28 days wasn't giving up all that much.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 May 2007, 2:31 pm

not when it comes to pretty girls, rocks, and sportscards

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 2:50 pm

I try to, especially with regard to alcohol. Although when I have something to say, it's usually futile to try and stop myself saying it...

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2007, 2:55 pm

I have too much of self-control.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 5:17 am

40% of me I control, 60% of me is control by my sub-conscious.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 6:19 am

Mushroom wrote:
It depends.

On emotions, especially extreme ones, I have no self control. On other things, I have a moderate to high amount. I once decided to test myself so I ate and drank nothing but water for a week... and succeeded.

You ate water? :o

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2007, 7:12 am

kiki3 wrote:
I did that once too, when I was a teenager. I made a promise to myself that I would only drink water for one month. Since the shortest month is 28 days, I went with that. Most people don't believe me when I say that I didn't eat one morsel of food for 28 days. After the first several days, the hunger went away and was replaced by ringing in my ears. The ringing was so bad by the 28th day that I had a difficult time hearing. I never fainted, but I got very sick when I finally drank a V8 juice on the 29th day. It took me a while to keep down food. The sad thing was that my parents didn't even notice. They also didn't believe me when I told them, after I started eating again. It wasn't like we had the kind of house where we sat down for dinner or anything. If we were hungry, then we made ourselves some Hamburger Helper or a frozen pizza, if we even had any in the house. If not, then we had toast or cereal. Not eating for 28 days wasn't giving up all that much.

8O thats f*****g cool ........ but probably not healthy ......... did you need to do anything to prepare for it?

i like to think i do but its rarely practiced

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 7:34 am

some.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 7:42 am

My self-control stinks.

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2007, 10:17 am

Quote:
8O thats f***ing cool ........ but probably not healthy ......... did you need to do anything to prepare for it?

Nope, I did it cold turkey. I definitely wouldn't suggest trying it, though. It wreaked havoc on my body. Not a good thing at all.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2007, 10:36 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
It depends.

I wrote "ate and drank nothing but water..." I guess that means that I ate and drank nothing, but I did drink water. I wrote the word drink there.

kiki3: That's excellent. I have to try that. My grandmother and mom nagged SO much that I have to eat when I was doing that.

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2007, 2:59 pm

Quote:
kiki3: That's excellent. I have to try that. My grandmother and mom nagged SO much that I have to eat when I was doing that.

No, no, no!! !! I was young and stupid back then! PLEASE don't try it! It wasn't a good thing at all. It completely wrecked my metabolism. Afterwards, I had to eat so much less, just to keep at a decent weight. My body definitely made me pay!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 3:46 pm

Mushroom wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
It depends.

I wrote "ate and drank nothing but water..." I guess that means that I ate and drank nothing, but I did drink water. I wrote the word drink there.

:P

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2007, 7:44 pm

Occasionally.

I have enough confidence in my self-control that I don't have to avoid eating for a month to prove something to myself. :P

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2007, 7:52 pm

werbert wrote:
Occasionally.

I have enough confidence in my self-control that I don't have to avoid eating for a month to prove something to myself. :P

Well, you've also never been a teenage girl.