Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LonelyAndConfusedMe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2017, 12:19 pm

Today I was at a wedding reception of somebody who I had never met and was there for 5 hours. It was my stepdads brothers wedding. And as selfish as it seems, I wish I hadn't gone.

It was one medium sized room with lots of people all talking. I was basically sitting there for the entire 5 hours only talking to the few people I knew there (my mum, siblings, stepbrother, stepsister, step uncle and step cousins and step grandparents).

I came home about half an hour ago and I've just completely shut down. I had a bad start to my day as I had to go to the hairdressers and suffered one of my infamous dizziness attack things (menieres disease possibly, going to see a doc about it to try to get diagnosed) and then today I've basically not had much time to myself.

I was going to play my games console but I'm too exhausted to do even that, and can't decide whether it's mental or physical exhaustion. Either way I'm laying on my bed, feeling useless with my fleece on me, not even motivated to go and eat despite being hungry.

Everyday I come home exhausted as I go to college for a full day every day (half days on Mondays though) and then have to go straight to work with a 10 min break in between if I'm lucky (even that is used to get ready). So I'm wondering maybe I've been suffering from mental exhaustion every day all this time.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 4:54 pm

It sounds like you already have a busy week and feel stressed out as it is and when you came home from the wedding, you could not take any more.

vethysnia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

I agree with Summer_Twilight, sounds like you had one hell of a week already and then the wedding...I totally feel you there. I planned my own wedding with my mom and we only spent six hundred dollars on everything, but the weeks before and after it were just mind melting. Just socializing everywhere I turned. That kind of activity really does make you both physically and mentally exhausted, so it's probably both you're feeling. Perfectly normal to just be DONE after a jam packed week like that. Do you have any self care things you do when this happens, like showering or making a pot of tea or anything like that? It could soothe the crap you feel after you exert yourself like that.