Should Nancy Pelosi step down as minority leader?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:58 pm

Or who should step up to replace Pelosi, or does she deserve the continued support of Democrats?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 1:18 pm

Yeah, at this point she has become so marginalized and defined by the other side that her name is a thought terminating cleche.

Beyond that however, the entire party leadership needs to go for their complete failure over the last decade.

Progressives need to take a lesson from the teaparty and take the party over.

Vote Pelosi and her cronies out and the leadership problem will take care of itself.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:14 am

The Democrats don't appear to offer much for poor/working people.

It seems like most left wing news, papers, politicians, groups are all taken over by right wing thinking.

George Will is now on MSNBC to preach to misguided liberals.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:19 am

Yes her and the entire leadership of the Dems need to step down because the Dems are losing and losing against a candidate and now president amoung the most unpopular in history and a Republican congress trying a push a very unpopular health care plan. Mickey Mouse if he were a Dem should be able to win a special election against the Republicans at this point. That the Dems have not won one special election is pathetic. The resistance is an epic fail. Yes they have been successful in blocking some of Trump's policies but once the Republicans pack the court these "victories" will be reversed.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:22 am

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 8:40 pm

Drain the swamp
vs.
let the swamp drain itself.

Either way is fine by me. 8)

jcCoolidgejr.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

Yes. She turned her house majority into a house minority. Objectively she's bad for the Democratic Party. But it isn't a democratic or meritocratic party so she'll stay.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:55 pm

While I have not personally supported Bernie, I would still like to think that he signaled a more independent sort-of politics, on the left.

jcCoolidgejr.

27 Jun 2017, 5:57 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
While I have not personally supported Bernie, I would still like to think that he signaled a more independent sort-of politics, on the left.

Though he did end up supporting Clinton and occupy democrats have basically fallen back to the party line on the important issues so I wouldn't expect democratic reform soon if ever.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 6:00 pm

Even though leftists tend to be permissive, to a fault, they are still unsatisfied, with the proverbial swamp. Maybe, there will be (not-yet-senile) alternatives, to the Democratic party, along the lines of classical liberalism.