Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2004, 7:46 am

(NOTE: This isn't COMPLETELY about music, but some parts have to do with music.)

:arrow: Is it true that Hilary has a computerized voice?
:arrow: Was the only reason why she got the role (in A Cinderella Story) was because her mom was the co-director/producer?
:arrow: Which came first, the chicken or the egg? (All right, now I'm going a little TOO far.)

Anyway, could the A Cinderella Story message board really be part of www.tabloidbaloney.com? You tell me.
(NOTE: Some posts have profanity in them.)

the_enigma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2004, 10:39 am

I honestly don't know whether all that stuff about Hillary Duff is true but I wouldn't be surprised.
I don't like her music or acting all that much so that's why I don't bother reading anything about her. The only show that I liked Duff in was "Lizzie Maguire" and even that show is getting kind of boring.
There are so many better teen actors than Hillary Duff like Lindsay Lohan and Evan Rachel Wood for example.
No offense to you if you're a Hillary Duff fan, Mich! Just sharing opinions that's all.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2004, 5:03 pm

i dunno. But she bugs me a bit. I like that song with her and her sister though...

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2004, 5:11 am

Computerized voice? You mean that pitch-correction used on so many records to make off-key singing sound "good"? And if you use it too much, it sounds like Cher's "Believe"? ;)

Haha... I do know for a fact there is loads of processing like that and more (i.e. chorus for sheen and depth) done to most big albums on the market, Britney Spears and Hillary Duff included. I'd be interested in hearing her sing an acoustic set. :)

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Jul 2004, 11:32 am

On a semi-related note, I've been using Garage Band (part of iLife) and its AWESOME! It has the ability to do processing. Do you know any good voice processing effects to make my off pitch voice sound on tune without my needing to take voice training lessons?

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2004, 3:15 pm

alex wrote:
On a semi-related note, I've been using Garage Band (part of iLife) and its AWESOME! It has the ability to do processing. Do you know any good voice processing effects to make my off pitch voice sound on tune without my needing to take voice training lessons?

Sing offkey anyway. It's all right. I have a good singing voice, but I also ENJOY singing offkey. Offkey's more fun, too! Well, to me at least.

:!: Mich :?:

robotsound
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2004, 6:21 pm

antares autotune is pitch correction software. i think version 4 is out now, digidesign makes one called pitch doctor but you need protools hardware to run it. autotune will run as a vst in garage band but here's the bad news, you have to actualy be able to sing for this stuff to work. if you can not sing in key it will do no good for you. instead of trying to correct your pitch try adding a little chours or doubling up your singing on two tracks. you can also try eqing out certian problem frequencies in your voice but that's going to require a good ear and some hi priced EQs. with vocals i usualy use a shelfing eq to cut frequencies below 150 down a couple decibles.

-will boards

neutron189
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2004, 7:24 pm

the_enigma wrote:
I honestly don't know whether all that stuff about Hillary Duff is true but I wouldn't be surprised.
I don't like her music or acting all that much so that's why I don't bother reading anything about her. The only show that I liked Duff in was "Lizzie Maguire" and even that show is getting kind of boring.
There are so many better teen actors than Hillary Duff like Lindsay Lohan and Evan Rachel Wood for example.
No offense to you if you're a Hillary Duff fan, Mich! Just sharing opinions that's all.

Please don't yell at mich i know the ! thing shows you are yelling STOP YELLING AT MY FRIEND :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2004, 12:46 am

Hey. I've been away, on vacation for two weeks. I don't like Hillary Duff that much, any more. but whatever. Neutron189, I'm sure they weren't meaning to yell. if you post like THIS it's considered yelling. puting an exclamation point, shows you are excited, or have a strong opinion about something. I justwanted to clear that up. :)

thedarkdoom000
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2004, 5:43 pm

I am pretty sure her voice is computerized, considering that generally gullible little kids like her, and her apperances in movies were pure luck.