Tired of hearing the same old story

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

What some people tend to forget when thinking about relationships is, that it is hard work. You cannot just be in a relationship in order to not be alone. I have seen so many individuals complain about not being in a relationship and then not doing anything once the potential partner confirmed the existence of one. That will ultimately lead to a failure and one of the parties will definitely get hurt on an emotional level.

Most users who post this on here, though, have never been in a proper relationship, so it is actually pretty hard for them to imagine how difficult a successful relationship can be. It is not the typical image of a perfect couple holding hands while watching the sunset. It sometimes can get really dirty (figuratively)! The key to a successful relationship is, you being able to work on getting rid of the dirt with your partner. Unfortunately, NTs and neurodiverse alike don't understand this sometimes

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 4:15 pm

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
Your partner in a relationship is a human being, not some object or goal in your life. I fully understand the concept of wanting to be with someone, but that's no excuse to treat relationships with such a lack of respect. I would have more sympathy for people if they would at least treat it properly, because even people who do everything right still have trouble finding someone.

There's a good chance that I'm wrong about what I've seen on this site, due to the minimal information given by the poster. If I wanted a better understanding of what their full intentions are in getting a relationship, then I would simply ask for more details. Perhaps their intentions are pure, and they have done everything they can think of. Fine. Those people deserve the best possible advice that anyone can give them, and their feelings certainly don't deserve to be so neglected. However, if someone only wants to be in a relationship for their own self satisfaction, then they deserve to be alone forever.

It's funny how people seem to completely miss the point I'm making. There are right and wrong reasons for wanting to be with someone, and all I'm doing is distinguishing between the two. On the off-chance that what I've said does apply to anyone on this sight, then my intention is that they will change their behavior and try a different approach. It's always possible that they just aren't aware of it, and most of them do ask what the issue is. So why fault me for offering my take on their situation? I tend to get a little harsh when moral fiber seems to be lacking.

Umm, since single users are that so horrible who don't consider partners as people then..... then how about you log out and never look back?

Just leave, please.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:10 pm

It's the eternal struggle of this sub fora; the "why u no date me!?!" thread.

Remember, opening poster! You do not have to play the role of Sisyphus and these recurring threads don't have to be your boulder to push.

We have choices to read, absorb, participate and resolve.

If somebody posts something that bothers you but it doesn't break the rules? Try reasoning with them or leave it to someone else. If somebody posts something that bothers you and does, report it. Simples.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:

Almost as tiresome as the constant threads from people that pretend to be asking for advice but are really just "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE WHAT ALL YOU LOSERS WANT" threads.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:33 pm

Chichikov wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

Almost as tiresome as the constant threads from people that pretend to be asking for advice but are really just "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE WHAT ALL YOU LOSERS WANT" threads.

There's also threads where people are venting, and they don't want any help at all. They just want to be agreed with.
There's a lot of thread archetypes in L&D come to think of it we've all seen a million times before and I used to get frustrated about it but just have to remember for some people it is their first time.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm

I guess that's what OP was doing too. Venting. Tho HE got asked to "just leave".

8O

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:43 pm

boofle wrote:
I guess that's what OP was doing too. Venting. Tho HE got asked to "just leave".

8O

:scratch:

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2017, 7:23 pm

I was just venting so that I could clear my mind. I don't want to keep those thoughts bottled up. If I didn't get that off my mind, then I might unintentionally post rude, unhelpful comments to people who this issue may not even apply to. In a way, it allows me to continue thinking rationally and it keeps me from jumping to conclusions. I know that WP has a few support forums, and being harsh or rude will do more harm than good. That's why I made this post, so that I can be critical of that specific issue, and so it's clear that I'm not being critical of a specific person. I'm not on this site so I can hurt or cause trouble for people. I'm here because I've gotten past some of the issues people are still struggling with, and I want to be able to help in any way I can. I know just how difficult it can be, and if I can find a way to get past it, then I believe that anyone here has that possibility within them.

Overall, some of the comments here have given me some insight as to how the issue arises. Other comments were just from people who completely missed the point I was making, which is unfortunate. I really don't know how to be more clear about it.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2017, 7:35 pm

^^^ meh, you win some you lose some, OP

onward n upward innit?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 2:31 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
boofle wrote:

8O

:scratch:

:chin: Do you think the OP is willbu...?

nah, nevermind.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

nah, nevermind.

Never utter the name of the beast!!
Otherwise we'll see another kind of same old story.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 6:41 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

nah, nevermind.

Never utter the name of the beast!!
Otherwise we'll see another kind of same old story.

Jesus saves us.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 5:31 pm

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
I'm getting tired of hearing people say that they want to be in a relationship simply to be in a relationship. It doesn't sound like there is much thought into what it actually means to be with someone. Instead of trying the same thing every time and complaining about your failure, change your perspective on the situation.

Oh I know what it means and I'm also tired of hearing this story. People, if you want to enhance your sex life, you need to get out there and live your personal life attributes to the full. Some people are prone to love hate pairings, and most need more than a gentle wake up call from someone who is daring and aims to push themselves our on a limb once in a while to prove their own self worth.
Settling down isn't a to-do list, its part of a gradual thing that separates itself from everything else. Aspie men struggle to get relationships as they need constant stimulation to manually engross themselves onto a topic away from routine tasks and unfamiliar sensory patterns. There is also no clear perspective to change as autistics and aspies can't change to suit the mainstream staus quo..unless they push themselves first.
Females are more on a level playing field, whereby some choose their words and actions carefully and don't get bogged down too much by the minor stuff, but then lose any clear sensory perception on the stats.. so some deem it pointless intrying to intercept it.
It's also a womans job to keep the man happy(supposedly), so i wonder who's most under stress from having delivered all out on their merit. Perhaps trying to tone down any literal meanings that often sound scary, will mostly just speed up the introduction..the friendship perspective is often much tougher to contend with. Womens random choices are often their split decisions ruled by unenthusiastic, uncharacteristic stubborn men,who need to burn off the exrta calories and shake up their male persona a bit, before wasting their lives on a downslide.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 6:27 pm

New perspectives are awesome anyway, particularly compared to the ceaseless reframing of isolation by the status quo, that is until we're all in control of our part of it.

Thus while friendship can be contentious, we're not without it.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 4:22 am

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
The reason people are failing to find someone is that they don't consider the full gravity of the responsibilities and sacrifices that a relationship demands.

Which responsibilities and sacrifices?