Where can I find a boyfriend?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TRUE
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2007, 5:34 pm

Hobbies and Interests!! !

You have them. Do them. Do them where you will be around other people who do them.

Let's say you like Yoga. And you yoga out at home. Forget home. Find out if there are public groups, like through Parks and Recreation or various other groups that have Yoga groups.

I know I've driven by many a park, where I see people doing Tai Chi. It's completely silent, just follow the movements, helps build balance and strength. And with all the movements, you can also check out the people around you.

You like maybe walking in the park. Get involved WITH that park. Find out when there are citizen meetings FOR that park.

Make out lists of things you like to do, or would like to learn more about. Then compare that list with offerings in your area. You WILL run into people that have the same interests, by going to these different places.

The very worst that will happen? You'll get to learn more about what interests you. And that isn't a bad thing!

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 5:51 pm

TRUE wrote:
The very worst that will happen? You'll get to learn more about what interests you. And that isn't a bad thing!

No. The worst is what always happens to me:
far too much expectation about a certain act,
and then becoming discouraged and curling up
in a ball when taking some action (such as going
to a group) ends up less than those expectations.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 8:59 pm

If you tend to be attracted to musicians, why not sign up for a group music class? Even if you don't find someone, you'll learn how to play an instrument and have fun.

Miranda
Raven
Raven

29 May 2007, 9:29 pm

I know I need to get involved in music somehow. I tried applying for jobs at several instrument stores, but none were hiring. My mother suggested going to see local rock music acts, since I'd meet other people who like that type of music. Even if I didn't meet any guys, I'd still have fun. I just don't feel brave enough to do it alone. :(

I think I would try that for sure if I could find at least one friend to drag along with me.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 9:38 pm

If all else fails you could always hang out on a guitar forum or something. I must warn you, though. Most guys who go on guitar forums are complete and total losers.

Until you figure out what to do, I would suggest building up a decent knowledge of music in general. Explore new types of music, listen to bands you've never heard of, etc. This can also backfire, however. If you become too obsessed with music then you will be unable to meet anyone who matches your knowledge of the audible realm and it's manipulators. This is what happened to me, and now I have difficulty holding a decent music conversation with anyone who only listens to stuff on the radio and so forth. Music is a very intricate and perplexing art, and it's easy to get lost in.

Fatallyflawed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2007, 9:41 pm

Do what I did and give up. I don't believe in love. It's such a lie.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 9:48 pm

Fatallyflawed wrote:
Do what I did and give up. I don't believe in love. It's such a lie.

Shut the hell up, emo kid. *smacks Fatallyflawed with SG*

That strategy doesn't work for anyone over the age of 13.